Money

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by musiklover77, Apr 17, 2008.

1. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

I would NEVER have a problem using the quote machine. As you were upset, so was I, so what I didn't push a button to quote, if people who have already posted post and read the responses further on down the line, I'm sure just like yourself it will be figured out if they were written about in another article. If it bothered you that bad I'm sorry, but I had already began typing and didn't feel like erasing what was already on my mind.

I still say YOU GO SISTER! for struggling with working and making ends meet people like that are RIGHT ON! That takes more courage and strength to just keep on keepin' on. It's so easy to give up, but you have a strength inside of you that you passing down to your children, by showing them to struggle, to not give up. Lovin you Sister, my TOTAL respect goes to you.

Love
    ~M~

2. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

I'm no choir, I am completely and honestly interested in what all 3 of you think and how to help myself.

Within my situation, I will not be able to prepare in such a way or start to be prepared till July of this year. Although all 3 of you are prepared probably each and every year, under my circumstances I was not able to, but now I have land out in PA where I am able to prepare for the year long, year round possibilities of anything.

I am asking. 1) When do you think the food situation is going to start to spread, currently in NY when will the food rationing hit the west coast? Just spoke to a sister in Las Vegas NV she said she has not seen the recession hit out there or anything about food or their food pantries rationing food. The one thing she did say that is driving her crazy is paying over 5 bucks a gal for gas.

and 2) please look at my last post unless nobody wants to respond to it.

Thanks all for everything,

Lovin you all,
    ~M~

3. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

last post ay, musik...hmmmm...protests, there are protests, folks been protesting about this war ever since Jan 1991, when Desert Shield became Desert Storm & 'they' don't hear. The media only shows the smallest snippets of protests, if anything at all...and man, with the way things are, well The Revolution Will be Televised...or ain't no one going to know it's happening! And there-in lies the problem...no media, no growth, folks get burnt out & fewer protests happen...it's the man's way of trying to keep folks down

Why aren't more US folks speaking out? Fear partially, part apathy, part preoccupation with surivial. I was taught that we could change the system by speaking out, by getting involved & while I do see involvement changing some things on some levels, like random acts of kindness; I saw what happened when those with good ideas & ideals worked their way into the system....for the most part, they became the system. I was born into the disillusionment left by the murder of JFK...the hope of the young struck down before having the chance to change anything...how long can you swim against the tide before it sucks you under? Pessimistic, maybe; but I did try hard to change things in my youth & saw very little progress on the big pictures of what I was working toward. Granted, I did make some small impacts, & I hope that those small impacts have enough momentum to keep growing; but now I'm just tired & and occationally jaded.

And as far as knowing when the full rationing will begin...well, the good book say that 'No man may knoweth the time' Do what you can, Musik-learn which plants are edible, maybe plug into a communty scene or get youself a little piece of life that you can carve into your own-& then after that you just gotta have faith.

4. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Everyone needs to buy a bus and move to the mountain im on. The property owner will rent spaces for $50- $100 a month, make your own electric and running water is running to the spring and back. Ill be working for my rent this summer.

5. zihger

zihger Senior Member

I am against the war and try support all of the protests in my area but a lot of my attitude is I’m worried about my own backyard before the other side of the world and we have a War on drugs going on..
    People aren’t necessarily being gunned, down, but millions of peaceful citizens are having their lives ruined and taken away, just as bad a death to me..
    All over the drug war.
    So that is the first war I am worried about.

6. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

Family has taught me a lot when I attend gatherings on methods of survival, which I am completely grateful for. Without the fam. I wouldn't be as far ahead as I am today.
    I hear ya about the media, do you think that it was a loud enough scream to the gov't to disrupt normal life where the media would then place these marches on t.v.? I mean it would generate $ for them considering everyone would then tune into their station? (Not trying to down play any action you took, for it was far more than anything I have done, I say out of pure questioning)
    Also, would you point me to some books or online media that may help me and or others that are reading this thread, to learn further about being self sufficent, specifically with food? and or other aspects that you may see as important for survival, that I may not know to question because of my "young" spirit not knowing?

Truly with many Thanks and Love and Appreciation,
    ~M~

7. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

get youself a little piece of life that you can carve into your own-& then after that you just gotta have faith.[/QUOTE]
    This is a quote that I never want to forget, very inspirational.

AWESOME!

8. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

this is dilli,,, but we just had a recommendation of a book and i would not sugggest it if i didnt know it was from a dependable source.. i just stopped by to look a few things up n saw this post so wanted to give you a few places for references

Special Delux Edition "Stocking Up' By the editor of Organic Gardening and Farming. By Carol Hupping Stoner Put out by Rodale Press.. it has excatly what your looking for and more more more.. it's an OLD book, 1977... it has everything you need to survive.. I hope you can find it.. it says it is in the Library of Congress. This is the only book you'll need to survive without power, ie; utilities.

another book is called back to Basics,,, that can be found most anywhere even most libraries,,, is a very good book..

A website you may enjoy musik is www.survivalistboards.com... is a neat place as long as you abide by the rules. There is loads to learn there.

Another good site is called www.mrssurvival.com...

Also there are many here who can help as well, try gardening , living off the land etc,... There are many things i know many of us could offer up advice on but i no longer do it unless someone asks simply because it so often seems a waste of energy in doing so...

9. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

i was referring to free in alaska being the "choir" as that is whom old water brother quoted before ending his post with whatever it was that lead me to say that.. lol..

i gotta quit posting 20 minutes after i get outta bed.. im just in to big of a rush to fully read and then articulate my thoughts at 4:40 AM..

so next time ya see a post of mine thats posted between 4:30 and 4:50 AM,,just ignore it,i havent even had a swallow of coffee yet,so i probably only read half of what i commented on and probably only articulated half of what i wanted to..

if that makes sense..

10. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

Oh My Goodness you are AMAZING! Thank you so much for spreading the word about these places on the internet. I just feel so much better when I feel prepared and also it makes me feel better to speak with other people about these types of concerns.
    I will be a while on these web sites LOL There is just a plethera of knowledge out there that I am just cross eyed over.
    Again, Thank you.
    Love and Huge Hugs,
    ~musik~

11. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Makes perfect sense to me! Been there, done that!

12. OlderWaterBrother

I for one I'm hoping, never! But being prepared for the worst and it doesn't happen is a whole lot better than not being prepared when the worst does happen.

13. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

I agree. I dislike the moments of should of would of could of, so I try to stay on top of history, current and present to be able to see the patterns that they create and where they may lead us to tomorrow.

~M~

14. JodyDnl

JodyDnl Member

Thank you for your support and input. I do appreciate all your info and suggestions. I'm sorry I vented so badly, it's just frustrating at times that I'm constantly working and it seems like I don't have any time to enjoy life.
    You all see Jody has a brain injury from some babalonians that decided to teach his friend a lesson for driving too slow while he was looking for an address in FL. He has 3 cracks in his skull and he also has a spot in his brain. Not that he's drooling or stupid or anything, any of you that know my hubby Jody know that he is a very sweet, kind hearted, loving man. Even if I can't go to most gatherings I try my hardest to make sure that he can go to as many gatherings as I can get him to.
    As far as dumpster diving, I'm not going to put anyone down for doing it, but it is my personal choice not to. However Jody has wanted to go spanging for food money. Up here it is very frowned upon and in our town I believe you could be arrested for it. Jody has been picking up cans and taking them to the local metal recycling place for quick cash. Everything helps at this point.
    My job as a manager on duty at a motel up here is hopefully going to lead to a general manager position (God willing). I know better days are ahead, and my kids are pretty gown to earth kids and they are very understanding of the whole money situation. They know how hard I work and they are very good kids, My 16 y/o is currently putting in applications. He wants a job so it takes less stress off me (God Bless him). Sarah (some of you probably know her from gatherings with Jody) is only 14 and I'll be damned if I'm going to steal her childhood by making her work. That is just my opinion. She however wants a job, but I'm the one with a problem with it. She is definately Daddy's girl. She absolutely loves Jody and she is a beautiful girl both inside and out.
    I am very lucky to have such great kids and there is a lot of love in our house.
    I just think there should be some kind of program for those of us that fall just short of the poverty level. Unfortunately I have found nothing. Everything I've tried has turned me away, usually because I make @ $200 over the income guidelines.
    As far as the food rationing, yes up here in New Hampshire there is a rationing of rice allready. Times are getting pretty scary. Who ever thought that this country would have food rationing?? I was always led to believe that this country would never have such a thing happen here. However if anything real bad happens, we are ones that would be caught unprepared!

15. OlderWaterBrother

Hi Mrs. Jody,
    I've been sitting here reading your post over and over .
    I hate when good people get in a bad situation.
    Sometimes it helps just to listen.
    But guys tend to be fixers so I’ve been trying to think what to say that might help.
    What struck me first was when you said: "...I'm constantly working and it seems like I don't have any time to enjoy life."

I was taught that life is what it is and you can either enjoy it or not but it's up to you which!

Enjoyment is something that should be woven into our lives not something we take time out to do!

I grew up in a one room house that didn't have a ceiling. When it rained Mom didn't say if only we had a ceiling the rain wouldn't sound so loud, what she did say was; isn't the sound of the rain on the roof beautiful, isn't nice we can hear it so clearly. Also I remember Mom hanging a swing from the ceiling joists, which she couldn't have done if we had a ceiling, so my sister and I could swing indoors when it was raining.

Mom taught us how to be rich and enjoy life even though others may think you poor.

The next thing that struck me was when you said: I'll be damned if I'm going to steal her childhood by making her work.

I'm sure you're not going to let your children work in a sweat shop.
    But teaching your children that work is a good thing and can be enjoyable is something they will thank you for later.

I don't know your children but you do. Think about it, who are they and what do they like to do?
    Maybe your son likes being outdoors and working with his hands, how about lawn mowing or yard work? Shoveling snow in the winter? He wouldn’t have to work 8 hours a day and maybe only a couple of days a week.
    Maybe your daughter likes handicrafts or making jewelry, perhaps she could put some things in a local store on consignment.
    You wouldn't be stealing their childhoods but helping them to do the things they already enjoy and get paid for it.

Hope this helps some how,
    Your brother,
    OWB

16. dan500

dan500 Member

==========================

bwahahahahaha

Is this what the rainbow group is all about? wild stories that make no common sense?

I thought Rainbow groups was mostly a place for homosexuals to gravitate to meet other
    gay people (hence the rainbow sign)--or it sure seemed that way when they came to PA! At least they seemed harmless albeit litterbugs and spoiled rich kids who wanted a party--no big deal NOW hearing rainbow is some sort of
    cult that believes in oddball end-of-world nonsense is another thing
    Next there will be rainbow militias and such like the skinheads--that nonsense is scary

---

I make much of my modest living investing and working the capital markets and I can say your fears are totally unwarranted and off the mark but if you want to channel energy someplace influence your legislators to stop farm subsidys and
    put money into alt energy as well as simple energy (green) saving features

Even using the new spiral fluoros saves a LOT of energy and money for all
    Last year few bulbs were sold as a % but it saved the US from 3+ new power plants as per the dept of energy stats-- need a link? I have em

And, Pebble nuclear reactors which use spent fuel--do not give off waste fuel like conventional reactors and only need one person to watch (even then they dont have to be there as there is NO chance of a meltdown--hence, they are called WALK AWAY reactors as the person can "walk away" for a pizza)

china is building 600 pebble units in the next 4-5 years

china also is building the world's largest wind farm and has the monopoly on solar production and in the next year or so solar cells-->the good bipolar junction ones, not the
    low power output ones out today--will be on par with conventional cost of
    fossil fuels to use in construction. Push legislators for subsidys for those who use alt energy such as the case in Germany!

We have so much coal it has doubled in price as we cant mine enough (fast enough) to sell
    to other countrys. There is plenty of power here
    We just need electric or all "Primary" hybrid cars which can be built for the same or less than conventional autos if we geared-up to do so

WHAT YOU BUY will influence the future
    Buy and companys will build what you buy--YOU determine what the companys will produce!

Vote for forward looking congressmen--not those who just bs you on
    nonsense issues which too often are based on bs religious or family values or farm subsidys to
    bring in the bible belt vote from TX to the midwest
    TX has the bulk of the farm subsidys where landowners are paid NOT to grow food--esp RICE and grains. Midwest has the rest but NOT as much for NOT growing food, but basically welfare for rich farming cabals and NOT the small farmer which was why subsidys were set up in the first place after the great depression

look it up
    and not on some wacko end of the world site with masked facts

-----

17. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

OK wow ,:troll:

Mr Dan know-it-all dude, not sure why you've come here. From your posts it seems that you're just trolling around looking for buttons to push while attempting to push people into boxes of your own ignorance. Please go to www.welcomehome.org if you are interested in educating yourself about the Rainbow Family.

18. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

Mr. Dan,
    Thanks for your input. I can see where you are coming from, being proactive in government and researching who your vote is going to be for are important for the American people to do. I do feel that the "leaders" of today are digging quite a big hole for us and the weak are going to drown and the strong ones will survive. I feel that it is necessary to prepare for something that may never happen, because it makes me feel more secure especially with the consistency of news of happenings that travel within my home on a minute by minute basis. See, my husband is a historian, and this is his passion, so knowing just even the tid bits of information for instance about NSPD-51 is very important to know which many Americans need to know about this bill that Bush put into place. It makes one think and wonder about his next steps. Looking at the world in a Macro view and the trends from the past and present history is not looking so good for the future, until some kind of collapse happens and if and when this circle comes to full closure, I want to be prepared.

By the way, a long time ago maybe in April when that bill was passed, I posted on here to let everyone know, but I recieved very few responses or reactions, I don't think people even took the time to research the actual happenings and direction in which America and the Global economy is taking.

And one last thing, by taking a negative stance among the people in the beginning of your statements Mr. Dan, maybe you don't belong here. Why don't you find a thread in which you belong? I also believe in the freedom of speech and if this is the way people feel in regards to this specific thread then they should not be banished or affected through negative words from someone who proclaims to know the right direction and the right way. How do you know? What happens if something does happen, I suppose you will think back to this thread and think to yourself, oh shit, I shoulda woulda coulda opened my mind a little bit more and then you wouldn't have been in the position in which you put yourself because of the lack of being able to Think outside of the Box.

Hope this helps all,
    Love,
    ~Musik~

19. ToastToFreedom

ToastToFreedom Member

I work in a dentists office making $8.00 an hour, which is the best you can get for the cost of living out here.
    My whole thing is to keep up and continue putting into my savings account from every check. I buy cheap food and ciggarettes, and I either carpool or ride a bicycle. Even I have to struggle, spending $8.00 for a bag of dog food that was only $3.75 last month. We do have a vegetable garden though, and the tomatoes are turning out rather nice.
    We're scared about the recession though, and we're looking for a roommate to help ends meet. Even with another helping hand, I don't think we'll get to far. And I only live in a camper!

20. musiklover77

musiklover77 Member

Where are you from?