Money Sux Ass

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by come_do_drawrings, Apr 24, 2007.

1. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

So I am stating the obvious but I just need to vent a little.....feel free to join in
    I decided to go to school and after a few months of getting use to it I realize that going to a State University was a waste of time.. I had filled up my first semester with every Art class I was permitted to take.. I even discussed my goals and reasons for wanting schooling with the Dean and he allowed me to take a sculpting course which I shouldn't have been able to take till my third semester... blahh details anyway I decided to head down to Boulder Colorado to meet with the Director of the Art Academy there... it was amazing to say the least
    It's a small school only about the size of a two bedroom house but the type of classical training they provide is exactly what I've wanted all my life... Oo I was in aww.. so I took a chance and moved my family from Brooking SD to Longmont CO in doing so I exhausted my funds and yes it was taking a big chance because at that time I hadn't been accepted yet... but *YAY* I got the notice that I was in fact one of the lucky few (25) that were accepted. So I did what I thought would be the most logical next step.. I went to the banks.. nasty lil places they are.. and I did every thing but get on my knees.. haha which means I applied for every type of loan I could.. but the thing is this school isn't accredited yet so I am unable to get any type of school loan.. grr and double grrr and derrnit I have been turned down for every loan I've applied for.. reason being lack of credit history...wtf does that mean anyway... I haven't ever really needed credit before [​IMG]
    So yea I guess I just wanted to say... money sucks ass
    I don't want it but I need it... fudge! [​IMG]

2. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Money usually sucks more when you don't have enough of it.

How much do you need? I'll chip in a few bucks.

3. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

well it's $6000 a year

and your so right.. it occurred to me the other day that I don't ever think about money till I need something and not the normal pay check to pay check things like groceries and tp and whatnot but the other not usually accounted for things.. like tuition or braces for my oldest.. luckily she doesn't need them till she's 12.. I'll probably end up waiting this year out and saving every penny I can... thanks for the offer of the donation though... it made me smile (and I really needed that) :)

4. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

thanks Dirk :)

I'm sure something will work out

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

why would you pay 6 grand a year to go to a school that has no accreditation?

why not just burn your money?

6. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The brother's just trying to follow his dream. Sheesh.

7. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

a dream of debt with nothing to show for it? some dream.

8. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

I simply want to learn more about the only passion I've ever had...(besides my beautiful children)
    I don't have a drive to make money
    I have a wonderful provider.. he's a welder and makes enough for us to live comfortably
    I want to learn more about Art to better create the amazing pictures I have inside of me not to make money... and I truly feel the things I would be taught at this school are priceless

:)

9. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

sweet.. I'm glad you've been able to do something that makes you happy
    I think all too much people have to deal with their jobs just to make the dough... blahhh =P

10. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

apply for an indi. grant. Then you wont have to pay the money back.

11. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

indi. grant?

and my problem isn't really paying the money back..
    It's just coming up with a lump some to pay the tuition

thanks for the idea... I'm just not understanding it =S

12. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

There are indipendent grants. They have nothing to do with school. You just fill out the application and let them know what the money is going to be used for. Then they decide if they want to give it too you or not. They tend to like it when it shows that the applicant is going to be using it for school or the arts. You have a double high point because you are going to art school.

13. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

well now that does sound about perfect
    but um... where do I find these applications?

I did a search on the net but only came up with places you have to pay to get information on grants.. grr

14. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

I will find the info I have and post it when I get home.

15. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

that would be awesome!

16. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

???

17. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

That does suck.....but at the same time that is cheap! God the art school I've been looking at would cost me about $30,000 a year.

The only way that could hurt her is if she decided to become an art teacher (or some other profession that would require different classes).....and only because she would have to go back to school and her credits from said art school wouldn't count. But if she is just taking classes so her artwork will improve - the accreditation thing doesn't matter.

18. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

You are so right... I had looked into other schools but fell in love with this one
    $6000 isn't that much.. just more then I have in one lump some

which schools were/are you looking into?

19. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

Sorry I haven't gotten that stuff posted for you. I have been supper busy a family emergency came up.

20. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

dude i hate money. it's kinda nice to have a few bucks on ya. but money is the cause of alot of wars and divorces and all that bad stuff