Money can't buy me love...

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Visexual, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Visexual

Visexual Member

OK, I've had that old Beetles song in my head ever since I read an article in FOX news this morning. Now I know that we should never laugh about anyone's death but, this is seriously funny to me. Oh, and no, I'm not a fan of FOX news, I check all the news sites most mornings.

It's not just that diamond dealers are perpetuating harm to so many underprivileged workers in third world countries, it's also about the greed and corruption that has allowed one person to hoard so much!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/billionaire-diamond-trader-dies-during-penis-enhancement-procedure-reports-say

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I see greed as the curse of the human race.

Ambition to improve your lifestyle is healthy, but all too often it becomes an obsession.
    I am sure that you have known someone who changed their job from one that he (or she) enjoyed, purely based on the salary.
    The vast majority of people who do this have no REAL need for the additional money. 48 weeks of misery at work, in return for a 2 week exotic holiday.

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I see greed as the curse of the human race.

Ambition to improve your lifestyle is healthy, but all too often it becomes an obsession.
    I am sure that you have known someone who changed their job from one that he (or she) enjoyed, purely based on the salary.
    The vast majority of people who do this have no REAL need for the additional money. 48 weeks of misery at work, in return for a 2 week exotic holiday.