Mom problems

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by 6-eyed shaman, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not busy enough

2. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My Princess says" "No early retirement" !

Aerianne likes this.
  3. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Its a New Jersey Thing

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Emulate your sister. My story doesn't matter--this is about you, but distance, non communication and time will fix it.
    Some people grow up in homes where bickering is the norm and they don't feel comfortable unless they or someone else around them are bickering. These types rarely change, from my experience.

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

No financial incentive. It's just a stock answer for relationship problems. If you can't talk out a relationship problem on your own, getting a professional involved is a reasonable next step.

I'm not saying that therapy is always a good idea. Sometimes a therapist is crap, is just milking you for maximum sessions/cash, or the problem just doesn't get better with counseling.

On at least some occasions though, it can make all the difference, in which case it's worth getting.

6. newbie-one

Because he needs therapy

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

A young man was having dinner with his Mother when he suddenly made a Freudian slip.

But it wasn't "Mum I've spilled the butter down my pants" it was "Mum you ruined my whole life you stupid fucking bitch!"

8. newbie-one

Condolences ZK

Do you feel like saying more about it?

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Maybe we could just bypass the middle man ( middle woman ) and I'll just send you next months mortgage repayments ;)

newbie-one likes this.
  10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Hahaha such a dickhead

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Reached out to Mother via email....

She says that her fragility has to do with an accumulation of bad things going on with her, and that our last interaction was the tipping point. She says she was sorry for ignoring my text messages, and wasn’t trying to manipulate with her emotional breakdowns and avoidance of me. I believe some, but not all of it. My sister has completely cut off all ties with my mother, and told her that she will block any contact attempts. There’s probably a lot more going on between the two of them then they are willing to tell me. I wish my sister wouldn’t do this to her, but I think I’ll get myself in trouble if I even tried to work things out. So I’m staying the hell away from that one.

Nevertheless, I told my parents I want zero contact from them for at least 2 weeks. What could have been a celebratory evening turned into drama.

Aerianne likes this.
  12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Dealing with parents can be a tough one. My advice? You should let them both know what the rules are going to be. For example, instead of blowing up at your mom when she started her rant at your dad you could have calmly let her know that if she didn't behave then you were taking her back home. And then stuck you your guns. Don't let that guilt stuff get to you either, they try that sometimes. It's hard at first; she'll probably throw a fit but trust me, she will learn. If she tries to start shit over the phone you can make an excuse and hang up, or simply tell her you'll talk to her later when she 'feels more like herself', or whatever. She'll get the idea but it may take awhile. You'll also start feeling more comfortable with it.

I've actually been through this with my dad. He would get drunk before we went out in public and act like an ass. So I just stopped putting up with it and if he didn't like it then too bad.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  13. newbie-one

That may be so.

However, my guess is that realistically, none of the family problems will get solved without family therapy.

But sometimes shit is just too fucked up to fix, or it's just not worth the effort.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I wish you could see how the ladies really talk when there arent any guys around

If you think I am making stuff up, then why cant you fully explain (to yourself) why your sister has cut of all contact with your mother?

Your sister has heard stuff come out of your mothers mouth, you will probably go your whole life never hearing

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yeah you're probably right. I don't doubt that my mother interacts differently with my sister than she does with me.