Mom&Kids,gotta get north

Discussion in 'Find-A-Ride' started by TerrapinRose, May 10, 2004.

1. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

I am a non-driver and I've got a 10 year old and a toddler.I know this is an incredible long shot but we really really need to get from Orlando Fla to visit this commune on the Arkansas/Missouri border. Taking Greyhound would really suck,so I'm just desperately seeking options.The kids are good,well behaved children,we're lots of fun to be with. We need to be there the begining of July,so if you're heading that way and have room and need company,gas money,and like kids at least think about it.Sending all good energy out to get us to our new home.Thanks,Love and Light!

2. Incubus

Incubus Banned

I can do it... NOT hahaha

3. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

that was rude incubus... anyway... wish I could help but I live up north! Good Luck!
    I just wanted to reply so incubus's bad vibes are replaced with some nice ones. I know how it stinks to open a post and see only negative pointless things written back.
    How long of a drive is it? Maybe if it isn't too long you could get a taxi(do you use them in flordia?). Or, you could take an ad out in the local paper about needing a driver for the day. Older people around here do that so they can get their shopping done. My dad used to do it for someone as an extra job and he wasn't paid alot so I don't think it was expensive.

4. Rockstock2004

Rockstock2004 Member

Look, I'll be in Florida, doing a deal with NASA this summer. If you want, I can try and see my timeframe. I just might be able to fly down there, rent a car, go to Cape Canaveral, do my deal, get you and your kids, and drive where you want to go..After that, ill take a plane back to my home in Southern California. So If you are still looking, I will try and help you get to where you would like to be.

5. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

hmm..

florida,eh?

i'd say yes, but I AINT driving into that god forsaken state.

Now if you can get to at least Mobile Alabama I can probably give you a ride (would need some gas $ for gettin to missouri tho, I'm a broke college student myself)

I'm kinda headed in that direction anyway (north) around mid june ... heading for the west coast to check out my new school and taking the northern route (no AC in my car..lol).

6. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

During the Summer of 2001 I took the greyhound bus with my 2 youngest kids. At that time my son had just turned 6 and my daughter wasn't quite 3.
    They did pretty good and loved seeing the country.....we rode the bus all the way across country from Kingman,AZ to Plymouth, NH...about a 3 day ride. My kids have already gone back to NH with dad months ago, and I'm jumping on the bus again next week to be with them for the Summer.
    Just wanted to let ya know that taking kids on the bus can be done.

7. shysodapop

shysodapop Member

I live in Jacksonville, I could possibly do it myself, but I'd need money for gas, food, etc.

8. HotChronic

HotChronic Member

Sorry dude but i've never found a rental place that lets anyone under 21 rent a car. Good luck though.

9. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

wow, thats so kool. man, u seem like such a kool guy. i wud drop u off actually, but im 2 young 2 drive and not even from the country.:(

10. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

I wanna thank everybody for their kind responses. We are still sort of looking,as the one best lead we had doesn't seem to line up timewise. LIke I'm not asking for enough already I actually need a ride that's smoke free,because of the baby. If you're going our way drop me a line.