MoD's new Tank

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Vladimir Illich, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We spend oodles of dosh on designing and building a new tank !!!

Except that it's unsafe to travel at more than 20 mph, its suspension makes the occupants sick and it can't be loaded whilst the tank is in motion - good 'ere innit ???

Exclusive: Tanks risk becoming 'difficult and dangerous' on battlefield, warns head of British Army

General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith defends decision to cut 'obsolete' equipment

By Con Coughlin, Defence Editor 1 June 2021 • 9:00pm

The head of the British Army has said that tanks risk becoming "very dangerous and very difficult to employ" on the battlefield unless they are upgraded, as he defended the decision to cut the numbers of “obsolete” equipment....

2. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

This is probably what happens when output is valued over quality. It happens in Microsoft all the time!

3. Vladimir Illich

Yes, maybe so, but it becomes a little more serious when a country's defence relies on inferior equipment.

4. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. My comment was aimed more towards society's obsession with productivity, which I'm sure applies here, though I acknowledge there are other factors.

5. Vladimir Illich

No need to apologise matey, I was poking fun at the incompetence of the uk government and the scumbag 'nasty party' that are currently in charge of it !!!