Modest Mouse, anyone?

Discussion in 'Music' started by imabuildingburning, May 11, 2004.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove modest mouse! i was a very big fan before they somehow became as popular as they are now...

i believe that the moon and antartica is one of the greatest albums ever made, and everythign else they have done is very great as well. There is always a modest mouse album that fits my mood...

their new album "good news for people who love bad news" is ok...but its kind of a let down for me, i mean i like it, but it just didnt have the same effect on me as it did their other albums.

2. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i admit, i was one of those people who recently found out about them through the airplay and everything... but i have to admit, not that i've heard the older stuff, i like that much better than any of the newer stuff. modest mouse is a great group.

3. rhasta.penguin

i must say, although i forgot to mention this, they really do deserve the success they are getting. They have been through so much shit...

my friend wears a shirt that says "you sold out for the shit of the palm tree scene" (modest mouse - head south {this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about}). He is really pissed that they "sold out." I think modest mouse song "float on" is a bit...popish...but they really deserve it with a solid song, unlike all the britney spears type people.

4. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i LOVE their old stuff..... i want the new album though, they seem to have gotten a little more mellow. which sucks a way, but change can be good

5. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

me and my ex boyfriend sorta predicted they were going to get poular. i've liked them for about 4 years

6. puddin

puddin Banned

the new album cover is really cool lookin. I just got the moon and antartica and its definately better than good news for people who love bad news.

7. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

ya, theyre great. ever heard the song 'cowboy dan'?

8. rhasta.penguin

:D

thats one of my favorite songs, but its not quite as good as "doin the cockroach"!

9. wrine420

wrine420 Member

Modest Mouse is the shit. Cause "We're going down the road toward tiny cities made of ashes, I'm gonna hit you on your face, I'm gonna punch you in the glasses ohh no!"

Tiny Cities Made of Ashes is my most fav song in the world. Cowboy Dan is good also. But I have to say the new album is good, especially when he says on "Ocean Breathes Salty," 'You wasted life why wouldnt you waste death?' For some reason that lyric really hit me hard the first time i listened to it. So telling of how we should act.