Modern Day Acid Tests

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by earthpaint, Sep 12, 2013.

1. earthpaint

earthpaint Guest

Hello everyone!

For the past four years I have been obsessed with the 60s hippie movement; watching every documentary, reading every book, etc. Talking to other people, I often hear "I belong in the sixties", "We need to bring it back", but no one does anything.
    I would really love to create modern day "acid tests", but am unsure on how to go about doing it. My first concern is that people will only come to "get messed up" and "see pretty colors". I really respect LSD, and am hoping that those who come also will. Then, I have no idea on how to invite people when many are against marijuana!
    The merry pranksters had the dead, I can't think of any local bands that would play at these.

I will be traveling for the next 6 months, but when I come back I am hoping to get things in motion. Maybe I should start out with having four people, and then slowly inviting more and more?

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know! :) I want to stop longing for the past and start loving the present.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'd be interested in playing a free form jam type thing similar to the acid tests, although my music would likely sound quite different than the Grateful Dead. I don't currently have a band but maybe I could get something together. If nothing else I could get a looper for the guitars and a drum pad and play myself.

I'm in the Bay Area... Also you need more posts and time on the site to Private Message..

3. earthpaint

earthpaint Guest

Thank you for your response! :)
    The band would not have to sound like the Grateful Dead, but I think that live music would really add to the experience. Sadly, I'm in Ohio. Maybe you could start your own acid tests in the Bay Area? :D We could support each other!

I signed up two years ago, but just created a new account to be more anonymous.
    much love<3

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

There are many music festivals that are today's 'acid tests.' The remaining Dead still tour along with many bands that encompass the vibes of the origonal acid tests. Some sound similar, some completely different.

A lot of people dwell in the past and wish for a return on the 60's counter culture. The counter culture is still out there, but its the 2010's not the 1960s. The vibes are the same but the show has evolved into other things.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Psychedelic values transcend time. Look today to how you can be an awake being who positively affects his world.

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i had an "acid test" for my bachelor party. 6 or 8 of us went camping and most of us took some lsd. i'd like to do that again, but usually i dose alone or with one other person. i also lack the sheer volume of lsd that one would need for a large acid test. you got that, OP?

7. Desos

Desos Senior Member

this sounds really cool. acid parties are the way to go.

8. Head_Case

Head_Case Member

Go to Burning man.

9. Desos

Desos Senior Member

um i do believe that it has just passed. what am i going to do all winter?

10. earthpaint

earthpaint Guest

Thank you all for your responses! :)

I do appreciate that the vibe is still here with music festivals, but they're usually pretty expensive.