modeling?! i should be a model?!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by iscreamchocolate, Aug 15, 2005.

1. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

well it's very stunning ;) haha

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

You said:
    i don't want to be the cause of turning society into mindless image obsessed assholes..

And I said "too late" because society is already made up of mindless image obsessed assholes.

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I used to hear that a lot too. I really don't think I could take all the rejection that is involved. You become a product to them, and treated as such.

4. Hipmoon

Hipmoon Member

Hello.

Modeling doesn't have to be about being thin or turning others into mindless assholes. I have a friend that models and she only works for companies that she feels bring something positive to the world. She modeled for Icedog, Ecovision and a few other eco companies. Now she won't be a top model anytime soon because she refuses to work with big names and catalogs, but she is still getting to do what she wants and gets paid well and supports good companies.

She also tours with earthfest and does promotion for alot of new eco clothing lines that way. Some events have runway shows to share their new lines.

Even if you chose to work for big names and catalogs, don't let people make you feel bad for your choices. It's up to you and how you want to represent.

5. iscreamchocolate

thats great for your friend :)

6. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i know, i was retarted for a second and thought you were insulting me, but by the time i realized you weren't my browser already pushed that ol' question mark through and i was much too lazy to make myself look not so retarted. do you see? i'm just a foolish one. :&

7. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

I was a model when I was younger and to tell ya the truth I ended up in a hospital for trying to take my life, I was sooooo into it but I already had low self confidence and they were telling me to lose weight at 5 foot 7 inches and 115 lbs it was devistating, they make you weigh in with all the other girls in the room and if you gain a pound they bash you in front of everyone, I was soooo depressed, I had other issues before that but that was the straw that broke the camels back, I couldn't take it. I would never tell anyone to do it, unless they can take that kind of pressure.

8. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Wow that is really bad. I don't see why a couple pounds of weight (which is most likely water weight anyway) would matter; it's just about fitting in the clothes. You could gain 5 pounds but be thinner because of muscle and.....AHH! Doesn't feel like a very healthy work environment. I feel less sane just by knowing about it.

9. iscreamchocolate

They probably had the clothes already made into really skinny anorexic sizes, so maybe she Had to fit in the clothes... i dunno. I'm being dumb lol

10. iscreamchocolate

wow!!! that's just wow...I mean I would feel tortured everytime.. standing on the scale in front of everyone while the people who were the head of it all (or whoever they were) name-called and put myself down.. fuck! That would have been humiliating. by the way your sig picture is very nice.. I like your hair in it. are you alright now?? (i mean health wise)