modeling?! i should be a model?!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by iscreamchocolate, Aug 15, 2005.

1. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

A few people have said that I should be a model... I just don't want to do modeling... I'm not really into fashion or care too much about it. I like making up my own little things. Most models have to get really skinny and many have eating disorders.. plus I don't want to be the cause of turning society into mindless drones. I do admit though that when I was much younger I wanted to be a model... but then later on I decided against it.

2. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

I heard that there is more and more a market for normal models (seen a doku about it) But it still is very rare. But modeling is probably this way or the other an enslavement business. :-/

3. Cold_Phusion85

Cold_Phusion85 Member

you should be one

4. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i get that a lot too. It's embarassing. When i was younger i would have killed to have heard that as much as i do now, but i don't like. I would never want to model...like you said i don't want to be the cause of turning society into mindless image obsessed assholes. Excellent choice. There are more fulfilling options out there for us.

5. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

I was a cheerleader for a week... and that was too close for comfort. Guess thats why I quit after a week, eh? I wasn't comfortable being held up as a sterotypical "beauty" for the rest of the school to look at.

But, if you want to do it, then do it. Everyone wants different things, and we don't know you well enough (or at all) to tell you what you should and shouldn't do.

6. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Too late!

7. iscreamchocolate

yea i don't want to do it... when I was little i wanted to be one.. but now i don't..

8. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

its a fickle business..& harmful both to those who work in it & society in general..
    i have a freind whos mother owns a modeling agency & her house was always ful of models, & because of that she became anorexic, & even at 68 pounds she felt fat & worthless.. the whole industry is evil as far as i'm concerned.

9. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

if you dont want to do it then dont. who cares???

10. iscreamchocolate

i don't. it was just one of those things on my mind that i felt like sharing.

11. Flyinglilypad

Flyinglilypad Member

Alot of people mistake attractiveness for eligibilty to be a model. My sister is practically flawless, but she has some scars on her forhead from when a bookshelf fell on her when she was little, and so she's ineligible. Also, some of the best looking people I know are horrible-looking in photographs. I would look at if you look better in photographs/video first.

If you don't want to be a model, don't. Its very body-consious work and you can't gain weight or wrinkle as you age.

12. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

If you do it- be a positive inspiration, and don't model fur or clothing made from sweatshops/slave labor.

13. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

?

14. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

How are we soposed to know whether you are pretty enough to be a model if you don't post a pic?

15. iscreamchocolate

16. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

i think modelling would be one of the most unrewarding and depressing careers that one could possibly undertake.

17. iscreamchocolate

yea no kidding... but I guess it's different for different people... I would never be one... but for some people it might be the most rewarding or exciting careers that one could undertake...

18. iscreamchocolate

nice picture by the way tommyboy :D

19. Shampoo

Shampoo Banned

i don't think i would wanna be a model but when i was young alot of people would tell me i had the legs for it, i had the right build, etc. but now im getting older & everyone is taller than me i swear..i dont mind though

20. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

lol... its shaving cream...:H