mobile app design

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by PetieT, Feb 23, 2023.

1. PetieT

PetieT Newbie

Hi, I am a designer with 8 years of experience. I want to start doing design for mobile apps, but I don't know how to start. Can someone give me a hint?

2. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Hi Petie, I can say it's a very different coding environment, at least the one I tested.

You might be able to find a course at a community college to give you the basics. Or get hired by an app company, although people are getting laid off these days in tech positions like that.

It amazes me that they teach young kids how to do this now. It's not that hard and there are online programs that give you the opportunity to try products for designing apps, or at least there used to be...

You can look up "app maker" in Google or check out Google's own app maker without coding!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  3. PetieT

PetieT Newbie

Oh, that's very good advice. Thanks

4. MandyLis

MandyLis Members

My boyfriend does design for mobile apps. I asked him and he skimmed me the site so at least you don't make the typical mistakes How to avoid common mistakes in mobile app design . Of course you can't learn how to make mobile apps with this course. You need a team to do that. Freelancing makes sense, but first you need minimal experience and an understanding of what programs do it in . Your best bet is to contact a company that makes mobile apps and have them give you a job as an intern for a while. In fact, there's a lot of information online. Search and learn. Good luck!)

PetieT likes this.
  5. PetieT

PetieT Newbie

What site? You didn't send me anything xDD

6. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Petie, the link in her post is highlighted in purple.

7. PetieT

PetieT Newbie

Indeed... Didn't notice. Thanks ))