MO gathering

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by tumbledownDNA, Jun 24, 2008.

1. tumbledownDNA

tumbledownDNA Member

i was looking thru welcomehere and saw the missouri Gathering of the Tribes. has anyone ever been? sounds like fun, just wondering if anyone knows what the vibe is like and what the size of the gathering would be compared to nationals.. i'm assuming its much much smaller but nationals is all i have to compare it to. WY just looks like too far and not enough time to get comfortable (i have to get back to work in a couple weeks). Plus, the MO site is about half as far from where i am (wisco) which of course means half the gas money! any info or any family that might be going let me know!

peace,
    jesse

2. Whiskers123

Whiskers123 Member

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

the missouri vibe is gentle and very local ozark old-timey

kinulpture likes this.
  4. Sawyer

Sawyer Member

I was at the Ozarks alternative gathering one year back in 2004. It was July 1st or 2nd and there wasn't much action, only about 12 on the land. Good folks, but it wasn't what I was looking for, especially since we had an Ozarks Regional on the same site just a month previous and 200+ folks turned out. So I made a friend with an old Olds and we raced thru the great American West in time to get to the California site before the 4th. The true North America Rainbow Gathering (aka nationals) was awesome that year; beautiful site, beautiful people! Best decision of my life.

Loving u!

kinulpture likes this.
  5. twofeathers

twofeathers Member

6. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

7. rasta.patch

rasta.patch Member

The AGOTT is about thirty or forty townies in a parking lot. Nice site, and good enough folks. Some drinking, maybe some fireworks.

Lots of ice on site, if that's what your looking for. and lots of electric gadgets like radios and lights.

If you can not make it to the gathering it is a passable substitute for a weekend.

kinulpture likes this.
  8. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

There were actually 3 Missouri agotts that year. I went to Rippee access, near Ava. & I only heard abt noblett lake. &, I only learned of the '96 natl site being(to me), a secret split to Rippee access. For several yrs this happened.

Some folks didn't like Rippee. Because it's more really of a parking lot, than a way out in woods, gig.

Kinda wish I'd known of this, several yrs ago. It's one thing to have a split gathering. But a secret split one? & For years on end?

I just happened to miss this post, back in the day.

9. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

I've no idea, if the extra "3rd" split gathering was done again in '09.

10. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Is this still going on, annually?

11. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Was finally invited to it in 2018. But couldnt make it. Ironically noblett lk was used as short duration holding camp for regional @ cook spgs.