Mixing opiates (hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine) & benzodiazepines (ativan, xanax)?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by patHAOomg, Sep 16, 2008.

1. luciano

luciano Member

As far as mixing opiates goes, I say its allright. I used to do this as well and felt way more euphoric than from one opioid. I would like to mix opioids with each other.

Xanax though is too strong to be mixed in narcotic combos. If necessary 0.25mg is more than enough (with no tolerence), but 0.25mg lorazepam will not overpower the high as much as 0.25mg alprozalam.

2. sopranonight

sopranonight Guest

dude i need a good oc hookup in portland oregon... holla

3. Oxyrisin2

Oxyrisin2 Member

^^^ Man its good knowing you ain't no NARC!!!
    Cause a narc wouldn't come on here asking for a hook up..I will PM you my address so you can come check out my big operation..
    Ya let me get right on it:eek:

4. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

^^^ FUCK U

and mixing a LOW DOSE of benzos with your opiates is godly, just make sure its a low dose or it will over power your opiates or perhspd send you into respiratory failure/death

5. Jubjub21

Jubjub21 Guest

I have just taken 1/2 g of lorazepam, one 5mg pill of hydrocododone and half a tsp of the syrup. Is this safe? I already feel a little high.

6. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

half gram of ativan????? sure u got that right?? thats 500mgs of benzos which im pretty sure would kill u or at least have u blacked out for a week.

7. jigga

jigga Member

8. does2

does2 Member

You replyan to a troll post.

9. captain MD

captain MD Guest

First and foremost, regardless of an individual's tolerance to these powerful pharmaceuticals, please be extremely careful. When you're combining high potency opioid analgesics and benzodiazepines, you're literally producing a life threatening cocktail. Even though these sorts of combinations are used all the time in the ICU and for inducing general anesthesia, you must keep in mind how physiologically dangerous this can be, especially for the sole purpose of "experimentation". I'll be brief, but the main point I'd like to signify is that combining both opiates and benzo's not only potentiate one another, but they both share the same potentially fatal adverse effects, which is respiratory depression. Psychologically, you may not know what your true tolerance is, but when it comes to physiological mechanism of action, the effects are the same in every person, regardless if he/she has been a chronic user of opioid analgesics and benzodiazepines. I can' stress this enough, but both class of these drugs will act directly on the central nervous system, particularly the brain stem, and cause respiratory depression, to the point where a fatal or life-threatening overdose may easily ensue. The safest opioid, and it's not even a full agonist opioid, buprenorphine (active ingredient in Suboxone), is the only opiate that is safest to use in conjunction with any benzodiazepine, since there is a "ceiling effect" regarding the drug. Meaning past a certain dose, usually anything greater than 16mg, it's direct linear (and sometimes exponential) relationship to respiratory depression ceases, thereby making it much more safer. Please understand, psychological tolerance to medications is completely different than physiological tolerance, and one's body can only take so much, especially when combining these two classes of pharmaceuticals. If you are still gung ho about going along with this "experiment", I would advise you to at least make sure you have naltrexone (nalaxone) and flumanizil - an opiate and benzodiazepine antagonist, respectively). And please know, I am not just speaking solely from a professional medical perspective (that being of a board-certified anesthesiologist and intensivist, yet also from direct experience as well, and my carelessness with this combination landed me in the ICU that I was running, after I collapsed due to an unintentional overdose. Please be careful, and thank you for hearing me out.

10. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

A high dose of benzos/low dose of opiates isn't really much fun and a high dose of both is fuckign stupid, but a low dose of benzos and a nice dose of opiates is really fucking beautiful. I enjoy 1-2mg alprazolam. mized with some OC. I've also recently discovered sublingual ativans as a very fun benzo. I'm lookinf forward to trying them with some OC or some propper opiate sometime soon. I've done 2mg subativan and 400mg codeine, which was pretty nice.

e: oh wow I don't even remember posting this. Yeah there was another 40mg OC added to that 400mg CWE codeine. The codeine doesn't even give me a mild buzz anymore, it's just a potentiator.

11. Minging

Minging Guest

I have done the the combo at issue (opiate (80 mg Oxy) mixed with Benzo (1 mg Xanax) and get some serious, uncontrollable nods? Thoughts on addding Ritalin to the mix to stay awake? NE1 try it?

12. luciano

luciano Member

To the OP, I have used this combination many times and eventually I used opiods ONLY with a benzo. At first when I had, like you, a regular tolerence to opioids (20mg-30mg oxy orally would have me nodding), however my tolerence to benzos were ZERO as I was just trying out benzos back then (I had 0.5mg alprazolam and 0.5mg clonazepam). Regarding benzos 0.5mg alprazolam would have me calm down almost to the point of sedation and 1mg would have me sedated to the point of being a drunken zombie. Clonazepam 0.5mg compared to 0.5mg alprozalam was much better choice as it was more subtle and not as disorienting (1mg clonazepam was too sedating/sleepy but not zombifiying like xanax)...so I stuck with clonazeopam.

With small tolerence to benzos and regular tolerence to narcotics:

- Take your normal narcotic dose (or maybe less....if you take 30mg oxy, this time take 20mg-25mg)
    - If 1mg lorazeam is your normal dose and it only gets you calm...not sedated and disoriented or zombified (as I mentioned with xanax).....take 0.5mg
    Oral lorazepam peaks in maximum 25-35min so once the narcs kick in this would be at full strenght, you could decide after you give yourself an additional 15-20min period to see how your peak is, until you take another 0.5mg...if you need it)

GENERAL FACTS:

- The most important factor when mixing the 2 families is: THE OPIOID TOLERENCE SHOULD BE HIGH ENOUGH THAT FOR EXAMPLE 160mg oxycodone IS HARDLY NOTICABLE UNLESS YOU SMOKE WEED OR DRINK A BIT...that is a high tolerence,

- With a high opioid tolerence one can safely take the smallest possible benzo dose (in this case 0.5mg) because we are going to assume your benzo tolerence is small in the regards that 2mg clonazepam will have you fucked, or 2mg xanax is a brick to the head, or that 50mg diazepam is pure crazyness

- If you have a small benzo tolerence start low (if you have a fast acting benzo, lorazepam for example will peak within 30 min at the most so you can always take more but never less once u've started)

- Too much benzos mixed with opioids (if your benzo tolerence is small) will not only take away from your opioid high and mess up your euphoria in that it makes your opioid induced brilliant, clear, upbeat train of thought into a more bended/sedated state where the experience is greatly reduced in intellect, for example the creativity opioids create can be slightly affected in small doses or gratley affected in bigger doses (of benzos) to the point that your entire experience is 100% concentrated and focused on nodding out.
    You will be catching a lot more nods with any amount of benzos but in higher doses of benzos you will be catching nods that are very powerful dragging you down. Everytime you close your eyes you say to yourself that you will not fall alseep while nodding and you usualy end up waking 3-5hrs later pissed off like hell that you've wasted your buzz (this has happen to me too many times when 0.5mg-1mg clonazepam would still have an effect).

What I used to do was put an alarm clock (or 2) beside me and set it to wake up every 20-30min if I felt I was getting sedated.

p.s. Here in Canada the drug Soma (carisoprodol) has been pulled off the shelves in 2003-2004 but in the US you can get Soma very easily with prescription. I've had Soma before from over seas farmacies and even by itself its very good....better than benzos in my opinion, however they are absolutley amazing mixed with opioids/opiates (WAY BETTER THAN BENZOS WITH OPIOIDS).

13. luciano

luciano Member

Minging is right.....the uncontrollable nodds is really the only risk with moderate doses (ie: not huge does such as 2mg-4mg lorazepam when one is used to take 1mg lorazepam a day). Many times this combo turns out to be a complete waste in that you wake up hours later wishing you were still high.

I know many people that had this problem and eventually they took stimulants (small doses also, like Ritalin or Dexedrine) to stay awake, while others took cocaine.

The best combo in the world is cocaine with a very sedating combo such as benzos and narcotics or simply a very heavy narcotic like morphine or methadone. I am talking about actual coke not shit/God knows what mephedrone/methylone/mdpv mix.....I'm talking about the coke that you weight 30mg-40mg on your scale and after snorting you are on cloud 9, able to sleep within 2hr-3hr and sleep like a baby.

For those that know the difference between regular coke and the coke im talking about is like the difference between schwag/mexican/stemy/seedy weed v.s. high grade medicial grade 1 puff equals 1g-2g of the schwag weed and completley different high. Good cocaine actually made me so calm (and numb) to the point I was nodding out with my eyes closed in a sea of euphoria.

CAREFULL WITH CIGARETTES WHILE SEDATED:

Smoking cigarrettes while sedated is not a good idea as chances are more likely than not for you to destroy/burn holes in your pants and clothes. I have gotten close to buring my dick, got to the boxers and woke up though I know people at the methadone clinic that have actually burned their dick or balls.

14. whojabless

whojabless Member

they could be the blue 30's then shed only be taking like 4. way less acetaminophen

15. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

I ve been on methadone for better than 20 yrs- every once in awhile I need to take a xanax (precribed for these panic attacks)-
    One or 2 -2mg sticks add nicely to my mdone- although I wouldnt make a habit out of it**
    Many of the dope fiends on the clinic take them by the handful to try chase that old heroin high that they are never really going to get again.
    Ive heard the stories- and yes it a dangerous combo- -Ive known too many that have never woke up after drinking thier dose and taking too many xanax - usually its the no tolerance to benzo,s that does it
    Obviously, if your on a mdone clinic your tolerance for opiates is way up there- -just be careful out there- there are few "do overs" if you mess up with these two

jjack

16. darbelis12

darbelis12 Member

Basically, just take a lower dosage for both opiates and benzos. Like kilO sad.

17. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

I'm on a few benzos now and too disorented to read the whole thread (will contribute intelligent debate later), but what I can say is, if you know yourself well and aren't stupidd benzos+opiates is the best thing
    I have a very high benzo tolerance and a low(ish) opiate tolerance and..
    Personally a few good combos are:
    -3x0.5mg sub tab lorazepam + 0.5mg xanax + around 16mg hydromorphone (eat 1/sniff 1)
    -2mg alprazolam + 2mg clonazepam + 80mg oxycodone (eat half/sniff half)
    -barbituates+xanax+oxycodone
    -Best thing I've ever felt:
    -1mg clonazepam+1mg alprazolam + 1 stamp of heroin (half sniffed/half chased) + another 2 stamps of heroin sniffed gradually throughout the rest of the day.
    opiates & benzos are the best thing.

another nice one: anyone tried clonazepam+kratom+heroin (or OC)? That's the most euphoric I've been in the last few weeks. Found a video on my computer of me playing with a flying saucer squash (which is a kind of squash from an organic farm near my cottge that looks exactly like a stereotypical flying suacer) and like various different kitchen items and having a play with little bits of paper that said THERE ARE MANY OXEN IN MY BED, MANY MANY OXEN. I didn't even remember that at all, but I remember feeling damn good. It's nice to know your tolerance well and learn how to do a good job with potentiators. You save lots of money. There might've been some cyclobenzeprine in there as well as I can't find any of the pills I had. Muscle relaxants are shit, but they make opes even nicer.

18. Lucid Design

Lucid Design Guest

i took 2mg alprazolam, how many tylenol 3 would be safe to take? i've taken 1000mg apap already today.

19. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

A few days ago I took upwards of 20mg of alprazolam. When I woke up the next day, I found out that I had also taken 52.5mg of hydrocodone. lol I immediately thought "damn......that probably felt pretty good. I wish I could remember it". lol

20. evilreign

evilreign Member

I hate that shit, waking up the next morning and saying what the fuck happened to all the pills I had...oh I probably took them.