mixed girls

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by JavaJade, Jun 19, 2006.

1. JavaJade

JavaJade Member

Okay, here's the thing. I haven't had a date since I hit highschool. I got a little pg-13 action, but that's it. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong; something that's chasing the guys away from me.

Here's the question:

Are people of mixed races repulsive? Is there any reason why someone would not want to date a mixed person? No matter who I date the relationship would be interracial, so i have no problem with it. But, I wonder if someone would hesitate to go there because they wouldn't know how to treat me.

Any thoughts?

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

ok, one question though, why do you assume that your 'inability' to get a bf is due to your skin colour?

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

It might bother them if you are purple with orange stripes..:D j/k

Are you hung up on your skin colour? Maybe that is turning guys off because they don't want drama?

I once dated a guy who had a hang up about his face....his eye needed reconstructive surgery (from a fight before I met him), and it didn't bother me but he whined on and on about it....big turn off.

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

No, I think they are often some of the most beautiful people I've ever seen

Someone may not want to date them if they are extremely picky or racist, in either case they deserved to be stabbed, in my arrogant opinion

5. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Hey let me let you in on a little secret. You wouldn't be mixed if someone didn't like putting their peanut butter in someone's chocolate. (I know that's crass but hang in there with me please.) You probably are more conscious about it then other people. Sure you got some morons that have a problem with it. You even have people that say they have a problem with it until their friends turn around and then the next thing you know he's liking it. There are all types of mixes. There are Black and White. Asian and White. Asian and Black. Mexican, Indian, Polynesian, East Indian, and on and on add on .... There is a guy or girl that likes what ever combination you are and there are some that won't. It really is your call. Do you tend to like people that seem uncomfortable by your heritage or skin color. (I don't know your mixture you could be Scott Irish or Jewish Christian.) People aren't gonna want to come out and say that they don't like you because of that because that stuff offends people and where they might not want to date you they still might want you as a friend. I didn't like Chinese food until I tried it. It doesn't mean I wasn't willing to the in the restaurant. I'm sure other people have better things to tell you I just try to tell you what I think.

6. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i agree, it varies from person to person but i find mixed people very attractive. im mixed and proud of it. if someone doesnt want to date me because of that then hey thats their problem not mine

7. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Everybody's a friggin' mix, if you go back far enough. I'm mixed race, so is my son, so was his father, and even people that don't admit they are really are, if you delve in to their background far enough. I think mixed race people are particularly attractive, more so that the ones that aren't 'mixed'. I know a lot about cultures and history, and I'm telling you that when it really gets down to it, we're really all 'mixed race.'

8. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

:confused:
    it's not the colour of someone's skin I'm dating

9. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Oi. I am mixed.

I'm sure that some of the comments here were very reassuring but I DO know what you're talking about, and I do sense some people either having an aversion to it, or from another extreme, having an outright fetish.

Mixed people have their own problems to deal with no matter how much people pretend it doesn't exist. Perhaps in some ideal and very heterogenous/varied society. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

Very often I find non-mixed staying away from me because they cannot identify with the other half/fraction, or because I cannot speak the language of one culture's half/part.

You'll also find that some mixed people will immediately bond towards you because you share a certain background, or they'll date you because "Hey! She's Eurasian/Hapa too!" I personally find this disconcerting even though there is nothing malicious about it.

Other mixes are indifferent or even crazily wary about you and will do everything in their power to avoid another mixed person or ever have a conversation about race. ...Too uptight for me.

Despite this, try not to focus on your colour so much and others won't make a big deal of it. If you want to discuss this further feel free to PM me.

10. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

Mixed race people are not only attractive, but healthier!

11. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I think (as far as judging people solely on outward appearance goes) mixed race people are often gorgeous. Most of the people I consider the most beautiful I've ever seen are mixed. Oh yeah - and mixed babies, they're the cutest too! Like others have said, sometimes if you're uncomfortable with YOURSELF it'll be hard for others to see you that way...

And anyone who doesn't see the pure beauty of mixed women, just look at Rae Dawn Chong!
    [​IMG]

12. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Oh god. Please save us the mixed beauties bull. It's as tasteless as "GIMME THE ASIAN SELL OUT SLUTS".

13. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

hey..am I just really innocent that I can't see why being mixed 'race' would be in any way an issue? Seriously I mean how would someone's skin colour have such connotations? I know I know, no need to tell me about history cos I do know about it, but I just can't get it or at least it's not something that I'd even think about. There are flowers of different colours and shapes but in the end, they're all flowers, and they are all beautiful. ooh how corny, but it's so true.

14. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

The problem is this is the way many people want it to be. The reality is, it's very far from it. We don't even have to look at mixed race issues. Look at the way the middle easterners are being treated in Holland, and even the UK RIGHT NOW. It's not in your textbooks, it's on the news. And none of that CNN baloney either.

It's one thing to want to aspire and dream of a world, a utopia. It's another thing entirely to completely live in that world and ignore what's actually going on.

People sometimes think that mixed race people should shut the hell up because their background is varied. Yes, there are advantages, but truly, any thing that is not quite the same as the majority (a homogenous society) is often looked upon as strange or inferior.

I also want to point out that mixed race issues vary also depending on the region and culture.

Many people also are not aware that mixed babies are often ticked off in the box of their father's ethnicity (ie. Singapore), and it completely denounces the other half of their identity.

How many people here have found forms where there are just no boxes that say "other" under Ethnicity and are forced to pick something that's not quite them? Gradually I've noticed changes even in this and am glad for it.

In the end it's not about boxes or labels, it's about finding a niche. You'd be surprised how gung-ho a few cultures are about "sticking to their kind". Where does that leave us?

This isn't to say that we're just floating out there. There are very cohesive grassroots organizations that are popping up in a greater number especially in most large universities/college campuses, and cities which promote mixed-ethnic awareness. They're usually very open and friendly and not exclusive to any degree. - meaning they'll welcome others but it's mostly mixed people there.

As I mentioned earlier, for every person who refuses to acknowledge a mixed person, there's another who is busy putting them on pedestals as the most beautiful ethnic prototype to the point of grotesque fetish or preoccupation. Although I applaud the existence of the aforementioned organizations, I personally don't partake in them because it's not a priority nor a real interest of mine to go to tea parties with the fellow mixed. As much as I'm glad they are there, I much prefer a real varied crowd - of mixed people, and nonmixed.

For older generations of mixed people though these are events and meetings that they may have longed for for a long time. To finally see this, is a form of liberation from simply not being acknowledged by society at an earlier point, and for many it's continuously a growing work-in-progress.

15. dtownballer

dtownballer Member

mixed people are the hottest ppl in the world!!
    thats not a problem...don't be insecure!

16. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Oh, yea, exactly. That's just what I was about to say.

17. Nisha

Nisha Forlorn.

ya... i mean like... welcome to the 21st century- things are a little more hopeful. if we see racism, the majority of us would act against it in a flash.

besides, why would you bother being with someone who has such an uneducated oldfashioned mentality? when the guy will come along, he will. get out there and do what you do... the greatest things that happen to us are best when they're unexpected.

18. JavaJade

JavaJade Member

Whoa! Insecure? No, no. That's not what I was trying to say. I'm not insecure or uncomfortable about my race. I came to my conclusion (why I can't get a date) because a lot of people ask me about my backround and begin to feel uncomfortable when I talk about it. Not that I dwell on race in conversation. I just get the feeling that I make OTHER people uncomfortable.

19. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

That's dogs not people! lol

20. Nisha

Nisha Forlorn.