missed peiord

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by tutex, Feb 12, 2009.

1. tutex

tutex Member

Hey, Me and my gf have neaver had sex with out a condom nor has a condom broke. She was/is concerned that she is pregnate. She took a test and it turned out negative but she still has not gotten her peiored. fyi she's on anti biotics. What could this be? In my opinion her being pregnate is pretty far fetched.

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

it means the same thing it means every time a sexually active girl misses a period: go to the doctor just in case.

3. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

is the morning after pill available where you are? we have it in the uk, its free, can be taken up to 72 hours after sex

otherwise, go the doc

4. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

If she's missed a period, it's too late for plan B. Take another test, and get to a doctor. It could be stress, an infection, or even a change in weight. Get on the damn pill. Without my pills, even the slightest bit of stress will completely cancel my cycle that month.

5. mamaKCita

i never tell them it's stress or anything like that, because they go into denial too quickly and latch on to anything they can.

6. TiedyeDreams

TiedyeDreams Member

whatever the case, you should definitely go to a doctor. Even if it's not pregnancy it could still be a serious problem.

7. mamaKCita

no doubt.

8. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

Period: P-e-r-i-o-d.

9. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

What's a peiored?

10. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

antibiotics severely reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills, but you didn't mention that she was on them. thats how my mom caught my little brother. i was a diaphragm baby ;)

you really haven't given us enough detail. do you start having sex, then pull out and add the condom? a lot of people think thats ok, but its not. if only there was a class in school that would teach these things!

she needs to go to the doctor. home tests can read a false negative, though theyve always been accurate for me personally. it could also be that she conceived but theres a problem with the implantation. i have had 2 miscarriages, and when i went to the doctor pregnant she said that my hormone levels were not at the right level (translation: impending miscarriage)
    if shes missed a period (you didn't mentiion how many days late she is) its too late for plan b. once agin, there should be a class to teach these things, unfortunately even where adequate knowledge is taught, its not coed.
    a woman ovulates (drops an egg) 1-2 weeks before her period. depends on the woman of course, but in any case, its mid cycle. a period happens when the unfertilized egg reaches the uterus and the old unneeded (because the egg isn't fertilized) tissue is flushed to make room for next month's potential placenta.

she won't know until she goes to the doctor.