Miracle Grow?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding and Seed Strains' started by ambitoius1, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ambitoius1

ambitoius1 Member

Hey everyone if you got a sec, i got white widow seeds and was wondering is miracle grow any good for these seeds let alone any for that matter and where is the best place to get soil from.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

are you asking the soil they sell in the supermarket. Its fine. It will be ok for a while..
    Buy Soil at Home Depot.. If its off season it will be stored in the cold outside, /if you dont see it whe you enter the store.. Garden Supplies are being brought out about now. Spring is right around the corner. :D good luck.

3. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Quick note. To kill off any nasty. Always worth baking any soil for 30 minutes and then allow it to steam in a bag afterwards till cool.

4. ambitoius1

ambitoius1 Member

thanks for help, what exactly do you mean by baking soil for 30 min...

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

if you got soil from outside, put soil on a pan and bake in the oven.. kills all the bugs and stuff.. not a bad idea if you have no dirt..

6. Rocklobster

I learnt the hard way lol. Just one less thing that can go wrong so anything i plant in soil or dirt gets the 30 minute oven bake and left to steam in a bag.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

you can do that also ROck, A steamer.. Place soil on a shower curtain, steam it with the WalMart steamer moving the soil with a shovel. Putting a pound or 2 of soil in the oven is a pain in the ass.. :D But Ive done it..
    I just bought 2 bags of Miracle Grow shrub and garden soil. $4.99 20lbs bags..
    DO NOT BUY SOIL WITH WEED KILLER IN IT!!! OR LAWN SOIL WITH CRAB GRASS RESISTANT PROPERTIES!! < This will kill Marijuana in a second, they will not even make it past the seedling stage.

8. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

I'ver personally never had good results with the stuff........ffof all the way for me.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

the Miracle Grow Ferts itself.. I dont recommend it really... It was a habit of salting..

the Soils they sell are ok Imo. You cant boost them up.. Organic soil is what I like but the place aint got it out yet..
    If you dont know nothing about fertliziers and plant food. Id be really carefull and just use organic soil and let them grow a while without adding anything but water.. :D

10. Rocklobster

Its strange coz all my gardener friends swear by miracle grow yet ppl have trouble growing mj with it. But likes been said its all chemicals in miracle grows.
    Funny this post came up just did a spot of baking soil for me new babies and yep sure is a pain.

11. M4N14C42O

it's not so much the CHEMICAL aspect of the ferts, it's the time released aspect of them in MG soils that make growing MJ with it difficult.

12. greencandyman

greencandyman Member

Miricle grow soil and plant food sucks, unless you use it for houseplants. Supersoil is good. Go organic, all the way. As Rocklobster said, bake it. There are all kinds of little nasty creatures that will hatch out when watered and reak havouc. That crap also tends to buildup salts, as it already has chemical additives. It will work, though. I used it years ago when starting, but learned my lessons. Better to go hydro with perlite, vermiculite, worm castings, and Pure Blend pro. Use a little liquid Karma and some kelp added for micronutrients and you should have beautiful results. Good luck.

13. GloomyZombi

GloomyZombi Member

okay so as a smoker of pot i would very highly recommend not ever using miracle grow. you can generally taste it in the final product. nothing ruins a great smoke like a harsh chemical flavor imo

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

this is true.. Even with a good flush..
    I believe M4N14C42O once said the ash should be white, minerals that remain will not burn .. :cool:

15. PureDope

PureDope Guest

My recommendation is to go to your local urban growing store (hopefully there is one available near you, otherwise order online).

I would HIGHLY recommend to use General Hydroponics Flora series. It is THE benchmark 3-part nutrient for any serious grower. It consists of a grow, micro, and bloom.

A few additives I would use along with this is Calcium-Magnesium, Silica, Humic & Fulvic Acid, Hygrozyme, a bloom booster, and possibly Liquid Karma.

Using Miracle Grow on cannabis is the equivalent of trying to get six-pack abs by eating french fries; it is considered junk food for plants.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

:)
    how true...:cool:

17. 52~unknown~52

52~unknown~52 Member

my friend tried growing with mg..... turned out like shit :( the plant looked healthy but it tasted really off

18. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Goodgrief! Dudes, yer hardcore! Smoke it down to white ash? I stop when it turns down to black and crumbly, I figger all the stuff I want out of it is gone by then!>D

19. M4N14C42O

no, no, no, ya goofy primate lol...........not burning it so much it turns white........it should just go white when your smokin it natural........i was always told with a good flush your ash will go white/gray instead of gray/black..........and i have noticed this to be the case..........on some plants that have been pulled with a minor flush i get more gray/black ashes, if i give them a good thorough proper flush the ash is always white/gray....IME.

20. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

OH my, not only is my fur red, so'smy face, Duh!>)