Minorities in america are under attack.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by barefooted_in_iowa, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Your relationship within the context of your location peaked my interest in an otherwise boring thread.

Are you aware that Asians were not allowed to become citizens of this country until later in our history, and until 1965 Asian immigration was severely restricted.

The gist of your post seems to imply that racism no longer exists in America, was that your intent?

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

So to sum up this thread

[​IMG]

3. Amyoxl

Amyoxl Member

No, the gist of my post is that racism isn't the primary factor in holding people down.

I offered (with your help - thanks) the Asian experiance as proof of that. Like other minorities, Asians suffered from racism but have prospered despite the fact that they have been in this country a relatively short period of time. Their successes have lessened the racism against them except perhaps the racism directed at them by those who, as a race, have been here a very long time; those who still blame racism for much of their ills.

Hope this helps

4. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

This certainly is true and I am reminded of this with every visit to the VA hospital in Birmingham. Over the past couple of years I've had about every test that can be performed on a human, and, consequently, I've seen doctors, nurses and technicians of every color and creed working in successful careers. Over my lifetime I've seen many changes in attitudes, but we still have a way to go yet. The argument in this thread is a clear indication of that.

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Best response. Nothing is getting accomplished apart from offering evidence of an audience for some of the most repugnant, divisive, and racist arrogance I have ever read. There is nothing anyone can post here that is going tom penetrate that mind set. I have seen few instances that would rival the misuse of the term "facts" and misinterpretation of what statistics really indicate.

Scribe, your statistics may not technically lie but the conclusions you draw from them are some of the most offensive posts I've seen on this site. You are doing a tremendous disservice to people by helping to try dividing us against ourselves. One of the most brilliant minds I've ever encountered was in the custody of a black man. He was Guyanese and working in the States in hopes of moving his family over. Some of the finest and classiest individuals I've met were from Puerto Rico. Some of the dumbest fucks I've ever run across were white.

I see and hear traces of your prejudice among many people... some who enjoy positions of responsibility in the work place. Some minds just as closed as yours make human resource decisions. They can determine which in a list of job applicants will be offered gainful employment. Guess what happens to a person of color who might apply for the job?

Additionally, there's something else I've observed and learned... most people have difficulty hiding the dislike or disrespect they harbor for a person. If an individual keeps getting treated like shit then exactly how much would a reasonable person expect such a person to care about the welfare of a stranger when it is strangers giving them a cold shoulder for no other reason than their appearance? If this is a multi-generational experience of a specific heritage then exactly how reasonable would it be to expect that its members will respect the culture and utilize its educational resources when it is proven by experience that it will do little good in getting ahead because when all is said and done it is a person like you, who harbors caustic, hateful, and ignorant prejudice against members of the heritage, who will determine the employability and economic worth (expressed as rate of pay) for someone you consider so severely inferior.

Do you think the weight of this type of prejudice might be in fact a significant factor in why unemployment (and crime rate) is so high among certain ethnicities?

Of course not, you think it's because of their race and there's nothing here that's going to penetrate your rock hard mindset... so by all means, spew your putrescence and keep beating the drums of hatred- that way there will always be a need for state sponsored but sadly necessary discrimination like Affirmative Action. It is you Scribe, and people like you who pose one of the bigger threats to our long term security by keeping people focused on things that should have been sorted out many decades ago and perpetuate divisions that distract us from things that will have a far greater impact on our future.

It is people like you who are attacking and waging war against minorities- forcing them to push back using whatever means they have.

If you actually believe what you are writing I truly feel sorry for you- I realize that what I've just written has been a complete waste because while you are my intended audience I am well aware that you're not going to deviate from this. For the sake of the person you happen to be I hope this is just a game you're playing with us folks because it is not very flattering to you but I sense that it has no chance of getting through so once more, with feeling...

6. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

The gist of her post is that racism does not deter superior races from achieving.

7. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

In order to change my mind you would need to demonstrate that after the civil rights legislation was signed blacks in the United States began to perform and behave as well as whites. You would also need to point out that when the black African countries became independent they became prosperous and well run.

My mind is changed by facts and logic, not insults and appeals to emotion and wishful thinking.

8. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

The standard of living of Zimbabwe Rhodesia has gone way down since the end of the white minority government of Ian Smith. Ian Smith said the decline proved his conviction that blacks are biologically incapable of intelligent self government.

9. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Alexander Miles invented the elevator.

Richard Spikes invented the automatic transmission.

Joseph Gammel invented the supercharge system for internal combustion engines.

Garret A. Morgan invented traffic signals.

Elbert R. Robinson invented the electric trolley.

Charles Brooks invented the street sweeper.

John Love invented the pencil sharpener.

William Purvis invented the fountain pen.

Lee Burridge invented the type writing machine.

W A. Lovette invented the advanced printing press.

William Barry invented the postmarking and canceling machine.

William Purvis invented the handstamp and Philip Downin invented the letter drop.

Joseph Smith invented the lawn sprinkler
    and John Burr the lawn mower.

Frederick Jones invented the air conditioner and Alice Parker the heating furnace.

John Standard invented the refrigerator.

Dr. Charles Drew found a way to preserve and store blood,
    which led to his starting the world's first blood bank.

Dr. Daniel Hale Williams performed the first open-heart surgery.

Philip Emeagwali, a computer scientist,
    is one of the fathers of the Internet and a trailblazer in petroleum extraction.

-damn black people! :rolleyes:

10. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

These countries are better run than I expected. Each one has regular contested elections. The average per capita gross domestic product (GDP) is $8,417. That is better than that of Communist China, which has a per capita GDP of $6,600. In the United States the per capita GDP is $46,000.

However, the average murder rate is 17.2 per year per 100,000 inhabitants. In Communist China it is 2.2 per 100,000 inhabitants. In the United States it is 5.9 per 100,000 inhabitants.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...ates&countryCode=us&regionCode=na&rank=157#us

http://www.hobotraveler.com/murder-per-country.php

11. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Good for all of them. :)

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Because whites openly acknowledge asian superiority that somehow lends credence to their argument that blacks are less intelligent :rolleyes:

Hotwater

13. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Yes it does. It means that they are motivated by a respect for facts rather than white racism. A white racist is one who thinks that whites - and usually white Gentiles of north west extraction - are superior to everyone else.

14. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Your mind isn't changed by anything- you do not appear to be here for any sort of open discussion but to shove your brand of hatred down everyones throat and this is NOT the dialogue needed now Your repugnant brand of hatred is the last thing we need in this day and age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.