Minorities in america are under attack.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by barefooted_in_iowa, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

"...what I like about Paris is the fact that you can't be a snob and a racist at the same time here, because that won't do. Paris is the only city I know where racism never exists in your presence, it's something you hear spoken of."

Ornette Coleman, interviewed by Jacques Derrida, 1997

2. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Crime is more reported in western countries. This is what I got from your link: "Note: Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence."

The murder rate is the best way of evaluating the over all crime rate, because murders usually come to the attention of the police.

According to the following chart, east Asian countries always have low murder rates. White countries usually have low murder rates, unless they are former Communist countries. The United States is in between because we have a large black and Hispanic population. Blacks have a murder rate that is seven times the white rate. Hispanics have a murder rate that is three times the white rate.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

3. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Your liberal platitudes are tired, boring, and juvenile. I won't say that they "show a complete lack of education," because the educational system teaches people to think that way, despite contrary evidence. Everywhere in the world blacks live they have high crime rates, and tend to perform poorly on tasks requiring intelligence. You can blame that on "white racism" if you want. That excuse is getting tiresome.

Haiti shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic. The natural resources in these two countries are equivalent. In Haiti the per capita gross domestic product is $1,300. The black population is 95%. In the Dominican Republic the per capita gross domestic product is $10,200. the black population is 11%.
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...aiti&countryCode=ha&regionCode=ca&rank=203#ha

As I have pointed out earlier, that slave revolt happened 206 years ago. Blacks in Haiti have had plenty of time to demonstrate that they are capable of intelligent self government.

4. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

The Medical News 26. April 2005 17:29

The lead article in the June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, a journal of the American Psychological Association, examined 10 categories of research evidence from around the world to contrast "a hereditarian model (50% genetic-50% cultural) and a culture-only model (0% genetic-100% cultural)."

The paper, "Thirty Years of Research on Race Differences in Cognitive Ability," by J. Philippe Rushton of the University of Western Ontario and Arthur R. Jensen of the University of California at Berkeley, appeared with a positive commentary by Linda Gottfredson of the University of Delaware, three critical ones (by Robert Sternberg of Yale University, Richard Nisbett of the University of Michigan, and Lisa Suzuki & Joshua Aronson of New York University), and the authors' reply.

"Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause," write the authors. The Black-White difference has been found consistently from the time of the massive World War I Army testing of 90 years ago to a massive study of over 6 million corporate, military, and higher-education test-takers in 2001.

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect. That's why Jensen and I looked at the genetic hypothesis in detail. We examined 10 categories of evidence."

1. The Worldwide Pattern of IQ Scores. East Asians average higher on IQ tests than Whites, both in the U. S. and in Asia, even though IQ tests were developed for use in the Euro-American culture. Around the world, the average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa.
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Pardon me for moment but weren’t those studies conducted by caucasians :rolleyes:

Hotwater

6. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Yes. So what? They acknowledged that east Asians have higher average IQs than whites. In addition, they explain what everyone knows to be true. Blacks everywhere in the world tend to be quite a bit less intelligent than whites. That is obviously true, no matter how one measures intelligence.

7. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

White people!!!! :mad:

8. wa bluska wica

everyone?

9. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

Everyone who evaluates the scientific evidence.

10. wa bluska wica

scientific evidence . . .

can anyone exactly define race?

is an african from ethiopia the same race as one from senegal, the congo, namibia?

is a european from romania the same race as a spaniard or a finn?

worse, can anyone exactly define intelligence?

i used to be very good at taking iq tests, generally scoring between 140 and 160

do i think i'm more intelligent than anyone else?

no [and generally, i'm not]

[edit to add]

i think i'm good at taking tests, and i think i went to really good public schools in districts with lots of tax dollars and motivated teachers

[lucky me]

11. TheMadcapSyd

Asian people!!!:mad:

12. wa bluska wica

madcap people!!!:mad:

13. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Interestingly, Haiti has a lower suicide rate than most ...

:cool:... ya mon

ZW

14. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Very interesting historical account, you got me convinced.

What happened, did you look at Haiti's history and find out that every time they begin to rise up the economic ladder they get knocked back down? You don't think that the Dominican Republic's 90% white population and the wars between the two has had anything to do with the status of Haiti?

Why are you so intent on keeping this discussion on a global, generalized, statistical course? Why are you unwilling to narrow the focus to one nation and look at the history and reasons for failure? Are you afraid of what you might find?

15. wa bluska wica

[never mind]

16. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Not true. I evaluated the evidence for 6 years in the Psychology departments of 3 colleges and a lifetime of study into the field Human Behavior and Social Interaction. My degree is in Psychology with a minor in Sociology. I think nowadays that makes me somewhat of a Social Psychologist. Psychology is not exactly an exact science, it requires quite a bit of hypothesis to arrive at a "theory," which is all you have here.

There is no agreement among the so-called professionals as to the reasons for the disparity in IQ scores, so your insistence on using them proves nothing. I scored high on the test because my parents knew the value of education from birth, had the resources and knowledge to provide it and raised me in an environment that was rich in opportunities for learning and exploration at a very young age.

Conversely, people who are raised in poor environments by parents who have little to no education and little to no resources generally will score lower on IQ tests.

So, what is your reason for steering this conversation to the intelligence of blacks? Is it to prove that you are superior to others, or are you open to learning something? If you are interested in learning something, let's look at some historical evidence for the reason why blacks are not doing as well as whites. Frankly, if I gave you the disparity in IQ, that still does not explain the differences in success between races since we're talking about averages, not absolutes. After all, the Chinese, who score higher than whites, have historically been much poorer than whites. So, why have whites been more economically successful than other races? Could it be because they've always had better weapons and more of a propensity to use them to take what they want?

17. Amyoxl

Amyoxl Member

Lots of posts here, and I'm not going to take the time to read all of them. The first post is quite inflammatory and it's fairly obvious that the writer blames white racism for his/her inability to thrive in this country. All I ask is that he/she take a look at what fairly recent asian immmigrants have been able to achieve here. I'm talking about vietnamese, thai, cambodian, chinese, japonese and others (even including the eastern indians), whose children are our valedictorians, saludatorians, doctors, scientists, etc. The list goes on.

I personally think, based on personal observation, that many of the minorities that the writer says are victims of white racism have a strong dislike for these orientals because their success reveals the shallowness of the writer's thesis.

For the record, I am a woman of european descent who is in a relationship with a man of african descent.

18. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

No. You are. I am still waiting for you to show me one single black majority country anywhere in the world that is run well.

19. TheMadcapSyd

Many sub-saharan countries are run well, Gabon, Botswana, Zambia, Gabon, Ghana, Namibia, oh snap.

20. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

dont forget zimbabwe. one egg cost 30 billion zimbabwe dollar because robert mugabe thinks u can print money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.