Minneapolis Police Choke Handcuffed Man to Death

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by TheGreatShoeScam, May 26, 2020.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Black Fathers Matter

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You're not holding him to account for driving into them? I would fire him. That shows belligerence and a lack of self control. He could try reverse.

3. soulcompromise

You approve of violent policing?

4. 6-eyed shaman

We all have a right to self defense. Even the police. Believe it or not.

5. soulcompromise

that much is true. I don't approve of his response though. He drives into them? He should have reversed course.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  6. 6-eyed shaman

Oh noes! A couple with a gun won’t let us destroy their property!

Quick! Call the police

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, backing over them is preferable ? ;)

soulcompromise and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Actually some of the protesters had guns (naturally for self-defense) and since this couple doesn’t exactly look like Mr. and Mrs. Smith,
    things could have gone terribly wrong.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Karen really wants to speak to the manager, right fucking now!

Lynnbrown and hotwater like this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Two teenagers shot in Seattle's Chop autonomous zone

A teenager has been killed and another critically wounded in a shooting in Seattle's autonomous zone.

One teenager, 16, was fatally shot and died after being taken to hospital. The other victim, 14, is in intensive care.

The zone, initially known as Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (Chaz) and now called Capitol Hill Occupied Protest (Chop), was set up amid protests over the killing of George Floyd.

As it is part of a protest against police brutality, it is self-policing.

In a statement, Seattle hospital Harborview Medical Center said one of the boys was brought in by a private vehicle at 03:15 local time, while the other was driven in by the Fire Department's medical team at 03:30 on Monday

Two teenagers shot in occupied area of Seattle

12. hotwater

Here's the source ...............

Yanes Martel, at the time a Miami Gardens police officer, was working security off-duty when the manager of the club asked him to give a verbal trespass warning to a woman who had allegedly thrown a tip at a waitress.

" According to FDLE's investigation, "while (Martel) had no legal authority to detain the victim, he forcibly removed her from her vehicle."

Ex-Miami Gardens Police Officer Charged for Putting Knee in Woman's Neck: FDLE

13. 6-eyed shaman

14. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I heard you can no longer, say all lives matter. REALLY?

15. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

My thoughts

Looting and destroying property doesn’t end racism.

The only people who want to abolish police and prisons are people who would commit crimes.

White people who are supporting blm seem ironically more racist.. as though they pity the black community?

In the uk blm movement is supporting antisimiticism explicitly. Racism doesn’t cure racism.

Slavery isn’t exclusive to one race/time. The phone/computer you’re reading this on, many of the parts were made by some poor schmuck you don’t care about.

Btw trump will win again because of this shit.

16. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sigh !!! - Criticism of the racist, fascist zionist government in Israel is not, REPEAT NOT !!! antisemitism !!!

17. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

A
    ...and criticism of a mob that supports violence, theft and damage to property is?

18. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Fired Miami Gardens Police Officer Accused Of Kneeling On Woman's Neck

FDLE's conclusions are based on their interpretation of the video, not a claim that that uniformed police working paid security details do retain the power to make arrests.

19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I wish I knew an answer, any kind of viable one... I do NOT agree with the actions of many LEOs. I don't agree with many laws - particularly in my state where everything (such as weed) is illegal, and every little thing can be a misdemeanor. you get a few misdemeanors, and they want to say - OH! now its a felony. wut?

Yet...I absolutely 100% do not want to live in a lawless society. I do think that the officers that are allowed to use lethal force should have special training...more than they get, that is for certain. All others (policemen) should be STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to bring all people alive to the police station to be dealt with further. That surely doesn't seem a current concern of any police station in general. Perhaps there are exceptions...but the rule (in SC, at least)...is very blase...you lose a few, eh?

I want there to be restrictions as to who can own and obtain firearms...such as diagnosed mental patients or say, if someone has to take a certain kind of med, they should not be allowed to own a firearm, or to buy one at least. If you have a domestic violence conviction, DENY them. good grief I'm sorry if that makes anybody want to cry, but I've worked with people with all kind of disabilities - and from experience, I agree wholeheartedly that everybody in this dang country should not own a gun. (Unfortunately any number of those people seem to be my local police.) smh

I bring this up because it seems that all of this comes into play, eventually, in a case like this. It IS politics and it is so so so much more.

20. hotwater

How often we hear the words “It’s all in your mind, there’s no longer any racial discrimination against blacks in America" and yet study
    after study (usually performed covertly) often reveals unimagined levels of discrimination.

We read the study, we're momentarily shocked, then we simply brush it off.

Personally, sometimes I wish I was just being paranoid...........................

Study: Black Renters, Voucher Holders Face ‘High Levels' of Discrimination

Black renters experienced discrimination in 71 percent of cases that were tested in a study by Suffolk University Law School.

The study, led by the university's Housing Discrimination Testing Program and Analysis Group, Inc., found that of the participants who were not using
    vouchers, white people were able to arrange apartment viewings 80 percent of the time while Black people were only able to see the same properties
    48 percent of the time.

The data revealed real estate professionals are “deeply involved in purveying the discrimination," according to the report.

Study: Black Renters, Voucher Holders Face ‘High Levels' of Discrimination

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020