Minimal effects

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by lou_reed, Feb 15, 2009.

1. lou_reed

lou_reed Member

I took some salvia (35X) a few days ago and i barely felt anything. Took a huge hit off a pipe held it in till there was nothing left and passed the pipe. At first i felt something coming on like electric waves in my body. Then i couldnt move and thought a trip is gonna kick in any second. But then nothing happened i just felt slightly hyper and then very mellow. So i quickly took another few hits but still nothing. My friend was tripping balls though. Any idea why this might have happened?

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

its normal

you need to 'break through' apparently

3. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

Get a gravity bong, stick that shit in there, take the biggest hit you can and you best hold that shit and believe you me, you will feel it.

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I've done that 5 times now and nothing, just some weird sensations like sweating from my scalp and dizzy and a little distortion in size of objects, slight derealization. But definetely missing the primary effects, i'm stuck on the comeup.

5. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

try a butane lighter, if i remember right the active compounds vaporize at a higher temperature. i havent researched nor done salvia for a long time though, but id always use a butane lighter and it worked for me just fine.

there is definatly somthing to be said about the accumulative effect as well.

6. prismatism

prismatism loves you

You don't need a gravity bong or any kind of bong or any special lighter. At least, I never have. I've always just used a really small amount in an ordinary pipe... even with matches it's worked. And you don't even really need to take the biggest hit ever and hold it as long as you can, either. I think you just need practice, and a decent extraction. Good 10x is enough. Once you get a feel for it, there are no set rules about how to make it happen. You shouldn't have to worry about running out, because a really small amount (like a pinch) should be enough.
    Just practice.
    And RESPECT IT. Don't treat it casually. Don't try to maintain control. Give it your full respect and let go of your ego.

7. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

i guess people have different tolerances to it. because i seem to get nothing from the typical dose of salvia.

8. prismatism

prismatism loves you

How do you smoke it? And how often?
    I know there are hardheads, but I think they're a lot more rare than people assume. And this stuff is really concentrated.

9. lou_reed

lou_reed Member

I tried it twice. Through a home made pipe with a substantial amount. burnt it with a normal lighter and after a few seconds took a fairly big hit. held it in for what must've been 30 seconds. Felt paralyzed and once that wore off i took another few hits but they weren't as big as the first one. didn't do anything after that.