Million Muslim march on 9/11 in D.C.

Discussion in 'People' started by EyesOfTheWorld420, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

yeah, I really hate the political aspect of 9/11. I usually just tune this day out because the politics surrounding it are so incredibly fucked up - I think these two separate protests illustrate that pretty well. I work with a guy that watched the towers come down from his bedroom window - talking to him today reminded me that for some, 9/11 is a really sad day of remembrance and has nothing to do with politics. I think everyone should just respect that and organize their marches on another day. in a perfect world.

2. Sig

Sig Senior Member

This thread has nothing to do with Obama.

Good.

3. odonII

odonII O

Not all of them - but that's who has organised it, and I would imagine a large proportion of them are.

4. odonII

odonII O

When did he say this?

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I don't think the Muslims are being immature. They're trying to fight a fear fueled stereotype. I can respect that, and if I was a Muslim, I would probably do the same. As previously stated, I don't think it's appropriate to march on this day.
    Oh wow, saw it from his window? That's pretty intense. Yeah, 9/11 has become a fight for the spotlight rather than focusing it on the people who truly deserve it.

6. oscar2u

oscar2u Banned

7. odonII

odonII O

oscar2u

So, he did and then he didn't now he is - how long for?

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Perhaps not everyone feels the need to be for one side.

9. odonII

odonII O

Stay classy, guys...

[​IMG]

7,286 people like this.

[​IMG]

OPENING RALLY!! BIKERS ARE THE BEST!!

This is a patriotic event. This is a God event. I believe America has been in a 12 year funeral. But I'm a Christian man and not a Muslim. I believe in the resurrection! God bless America!
    Bishop

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

haha - "America has been in a 12 year funeral. I'm a christian man and not a muslim - I believe in the resurrection!"

Do people not hear the ridiculous things that come out of their mouths..

11. odonII

odonII O

(from Facebook group)

Thomasina Grillo How come all of America doesn't see and understand this? That's the down fall right there. We have to preserve our rights in our country. We come first! It's our country. Want to protest as a Muslim? GO THE FUCK HOME TO YOUR SHIRTY ASS NO RIGHTS HAVING COUNTRY AND GET YOUR PROTEST ON! NOT UP IN HERE AND NOT TODAY!!

Apparently not.

I am cherry-picking a little bit, but the overall tone is > < painful, to me, anyway. Lots of flag waving, 'Go America', 'God bless America' etc etc.

12. Mr Kite

Mr Kite Member

Oh here we go.The States doing what they do best.
    Land of the Free? Do me a favour? Took the negroes a long long time to become anything near equal citizens.

13. Sig

Sig Senior Member

How is that ax of yours coming along? You've been grinding it for so long I imagine it has to have a very sharp edge on it. Anyway, you may want to come down off that high horse of yours.

BTW, we say blacks now. Negroes is so 1960.

14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

In a certain sense I find it sad that you feel that way, though I am not surprised. So many Europeans I have met are relatively beat down when it comes to pride.

15. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Is is a representative of that group? Is he a spokesperson?

16. Mr Kite

Mr Kite Member

You get my point,Sig :)

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So now it's the muslims and christians in a showdown? Here? Now? The more things change, the more they remain the same. Religion comes through again.

18. odonII

odonII O

I might not have expalined myself very well...

*tries again*

This better represents a lot of the 'patriotism' I've seen on their FB pages...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not talking about patriotism in general...
    I know you guys are more outwardly patriotic than we are (I can only speak for the UK) ...
    I don't find any need to have a large flag outside my house or run around the streets shouting how great my country is.
    You know, generaly draped in too many flags and making yourself horse with: 'Go team America' etc.
    The OTT version of patriotism.
    That's all ok, to a certain degree...

The right wing version of patriotism - scares me.

I am only talking about a certain type...and the type I've seen on their pages is painful.

I'm proud of my country.

19. odonII

odonII O

She...

Pretty much...

No...

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

just because a few states are legalizing marijuana doesnt make the united states any less Fascist..