Million Muslim march on 9/11 in D.C.

Discussion in 'People' started by EyesOfTheWorld420, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

This is a silly response dude. Everyone who dislikes certain things of his own country (not in birds case here but in general) should just leave according to people like you. I see this statement often and it always annoys me.

2. odonII

odonII O

An understanding about what?
    I would imagine it was to create some publicity - but why not?
    I would have thought it was the perfect day...
    It's anybody's day! (if you have a permit :p )
    I think the general opinion amongst the bikers for turning up is demonstrated in the post I responded to.
    How many of those bikers do you think actually care about the message?

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Should the Muslims be allowed to march on Sep 11? Sure. They have that right as Americans. But that doesn't exempt them from the repercussions of making that decision, because we are alao free to aggressively disagree with them. They knew good and well that it would create an uproar, and that's why they picked that date. As sig pointed out, if they really wanted to spread awareness, or whatever their supposed intent is, then they could have done so without the cloud of this controversy.

The jabs about the lack of freedoms in America in this thread are kind of ironic, because if the tables were turned we wouldn't even be having this conversation. It is

4. oscar2u

oscar2u Banned

Well people such as you annoy me. You and people like you allowed a traitor to become president. He is actively supporting our enemies the same as you are. Get your head out of your ass if you care about the freedom to live a hip lifestyle. If you believe in this muslim stuff move to a country that embraces this religious insanity. I am an athiest, so do not lay your anti Christian crap on me. ...Oscar

5. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Asmodean is Dutch too....

6. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Understanding that a rally on the 11th by those of their faith would cause offense to large and vocal sections in this country. It is certainly their right to assemble today as American citizens and I don't condemn them for it. I just question the sincerity behind their stated goals and objectives.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

First off, I am Dutch. You didn't suffer for me or my freedoms. Nor do I want or expect you to.

I been to Muslim countries many times. Let me tell you a secret: they are humans too. Mostly they just want to live their lives peacefully and they don't want war or trouble. They were generally very welcoming to me, even though I am an agnost.
    It's sad that people tend to forget they are human beings with feelings and emotions too, just like you and I.

8. odonII

odonII O

Yes I know.
    A large Christian backlash etc etc etc.. the usual BS a large majority of Americans seem to express on occasions like this.
    A large dose of 'It's our day, not yours', imho.

I think questioning their sincerity is the most reasonable response...but it really doesn't matter if it is or isn't - as long as they don't run around screaming 'Allahu Akbar - die infidels' - who cares if it is or isn't sincere?

9. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I said nothing about Christians, nor a "its our day, not yours" attitude. Indeed, I haven't encountered either attitudes.

I care if they attempt to garner sympathy for their cause by exploiting it.

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

All religions are equally insane. Every single one of them does have a history marked in blood. Even Buddhism, which is often viewed as peaceful.
    Why single out Islam?

11. odonII

odonII O

'And yet they chose to march on the day that members of their faith carried out the deadliest terrorist attack on American soil.'
    'It shows a general lack of understanding and foresight on their part, IMO.'
    That seems, somewhat, of a 'it's 'our' day, not yours' type of attitude.
    Why are bikers deciding to try and ride through DC today?
    That seems to be a: 'It's not your day, it's or day' type of attitude.
    I did a bit of research on this and the first results that came up were from Christian sites.

Why?

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

This is what America looks like today,, just a different flag with the same ideas..

[​IMG]

13. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I'm not into the whole "remember" being shoved in everyone's face all day, but I do think this should be a day where the victims are honored and remembered by their loved ones. I'm all for what the Muslims are doing (which is marching to protest fear, if I'm understanding correctly?), but I do think they should be doing it on the day before, or the day after. If anyone should get attention today, it should be the people who died horrific deaths and the ones who survived and now have to live with the trauma for the rest of their lives.

Also, I think the bikers should GTFO. They're just being immature.

14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

And you are mistaken. It is their day, as citizens, just as much as it is mine. They are free to assemble on it just as others are free to assemble on it. Again, I just question the sincerity behind their cause. I equate their tactics with those of Westboro; they aren't really looking to promote anything but, instead, illicit the biggest media splash they can even if it comes at the cost of their supposed cause.

You'd have to ask them. I am sure the reasons vary by individual.

15. odonII

odonII O

P.S - Isn't the 'Freedom Bikers' a CHRISTIAN org' ?

16. Sig

Sig Senior Member

You're better than this.

17. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Does that mean all those participating in that ride are "Freedom Bikers"?

18. Sig

Sig Senior Member

And those in the Million Muslim rally aren't being the same?

19. odonII

odonII O

Sig

I'm just getting a few mixed messages and a bit of an undercurrent, that's all.
    'Westboro' are a bunch of nasty bastards. What gives you the idea this group are a bunch of nasty bastards?
    Perhaps a poor e.g.

Ok, why do you THINK they decided to do this? - and don't be coy ;)

20. oscar2u

oscar2u Banned

Well I hope I am getting through to someone here. So many of the responders are not at all clear about what side they are on. I am an Atheist. I fought for this country as a US Marine. I am loyal to our Nation and NOT some temporary president. The current president is NOT loyal to our Nation and it`s constitution. This president literally bowed to a Saudi prince. He stated he would not wear the traditional American flag pin on his lapel BECAUSE it was patriotic ! ! !
    Some posters have said he sometimes now chooses to wear that flag pin on his lapel.
    This president is supporting the moslem brotherhood with US armed forces. This moslem brotherhood considers all non muslims infidels and therefore enemies. The Russians and Chinese are unhappy with his support of this group. They have to live in countries that border Libya, Syria, and Egypt. We may very well end up in a war that will rank right up there with WWI and WWII. Not a pleasant scenario or even worse because of NUCLEAR weapons.
    I have nothing more to say and I am done for today. ...Oscar