Militia Vows To Defend Flint, Michigan

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

And with that Aeri, Id have to say some those that are testing their water are doing it wrong.. to get a proper contaminate reading on the water, one should let the line run for a full 30seconds to a minute .. The alkalinity in some waters, whether it be the Flint river or under ground fresh water wells will leach indoor and outdoor plumbing pipes of lead. This is a well(pun)known fact for ages, into roman times/ whom also knew the lead was poisonous to people and livestock. While newer homes and infrastructure piping will have less lead than older homes and piping, solder today is 99% silver.. Jointed outdoor pipes no longer use lead,, they weld them. lead is only legal for draining .. however this dont account for the millions of miles of piping already in place from the 1940s.

2 people like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They said they coat the pipes with some chemical/s to keep the leaching down. I wonder what's in that?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

its usually some sort nylon kevlar inside steel pipes for outdoor underground water pipe., its burns when welded, but not very much.. Id consider it safe .. it is also very expensive,, one 50ft section is about $1,000.00 aside labor to install ..

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Flint still has lead pipes carrying potable water as part of it's system... When they switched to corrosive Flint river water it etched the pipes and exposed lead that had been coated with calcium buildup over the years. Flint can't afford to replace this ancient plumbing system. Running your water for 30 seconds works for local lead, like old solder inside the pipes in your house... It doesn't do much if the water entering your house is already full of lead.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

have you ever watched a water line break being replaced? ... These clowns only repair what it broken.. fuck all that digging up 50feet of street.. they will replace 4 to 8 foot section. fill the hole in and thats it, cost about 7 to $13,000.00., for some dinky weld job and a backhoe.. what a joke these people take us all for...
    when it comes to water, not much fuck is given because its not natural gas.. and nobody will die if they dont do much right.

2 people like this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

they should fully flush the system.. no matter the age the piping, with continuous use the piping should be well below toxic ratings, opening hydrants ect,, all residents flush water the same time a day, once a week.. they dont want to do this. some of these people just want us to feel sorry for them. even acting like they cant shower, or flush toilets. lets get real here. lead is harmless to adults, and children over the age of 3 when showering.. if they want to sit in a bathtub of toxic water, they deserve defects. a lot of these people use the bathtub on their children like they use modern tv sets.. its a time consuming process.. bitches get your crotch fruit out the damn tub, take a fricking walk ffs.. ..
    sounds like shitty science, but there should not be enough lead within the existing pipes to account for anything when properly flushed.. Id be more concerned about the other industrial waste more than lead.. specially halomethanes..

8. Tyrsonswood

Nobody is going to do a mass flush of their pipes for an hour or more once a week if they have to pay the bill for water and sewage. (sewage charge is based on water usage) Which, by the way, Flint is still charging for their water.

This whole deal could have been averted in one of two ways... Either not have switched to Flint River water in the first place, but it was cheaper, and you know..... or when they did switch it would have cost the city $100 a day for anti corrosives to nullify the situation. But it was all about saving money, that's what started all this. Fuck those people's lives, all mighty dollar is worth more.

Basically, Flint is fucked...

Who's city is next? There's something like 40,000 miles of lead pipe still in use for potable water in this country.

9. Tyrsonswood

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Rick Snyder better come up with that money; and he may still land his ass in trouble for "involuntary" homicides.

11. Tyrsonswood

We'll see... After all she's one of those "Damned Liberals, always whining about clean water n shyt"

1 person likes this.
  12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Those Good Ole’ Boys are just trying to show the government what lead poisoning is really all about [​IMG]

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  13. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Flint, Michigan has a page on Wilkpedia.

They have a lot of problems in Flint. The water distribution problem may be a symptom of a greater dysfunction.

Seemingly, it would be easy to treat the PH level in a water distribution system.

14. jfast94

jfast94 Members

Flint has been in dire straits for decades. It is just now gettting attention since the city posioned the ople. It took this for anyone to give a shit.

15. What it took was spinning it into a racial issue. Up to that point it was a simple, but horrid class issue that had nothing to do with race. At the moment the best click bait is finding any kind of "proof" that some horrible old rich white guy did something terrible to a bunch of poor black people. Party affiliation doesn't matter, just find the old rich white guy, that allows ALL of the old white guys to be tagged, which leads right back to blaming the GOP for these horrors. It's the spin these days that really gets to be disgusting.

But what do I know? I'm an "old white man" so I am surely a bigoted member of the KKK with extreme NRA leanings and a pocket sized New Testament in my hand preaching on and on about the evils of homosexuality and race mixing. Of course none of that is true but I still hurt a lot of sensitive feelings when I speak my mind. So if I'm radiating microaggressions you might want to get some tin foil.

As for Flint, consider how many municipalities this size and smaller are also being run by incompetent and greedy assholes like the ones in Flint. It's enough to make me want to move back to the Mohawk valley. As for the militia, huh??????????

16. jfast94

jfast94 Members

I get it. You are kind of seen as "privileged" or "fortunate" because your white. But this is the same concept of Hispanics being seen as lazy or Blacks being seen as "aggressive" or some other stereotype nonsense. It's just blowback for decades of it.

I'm white too and I get some of this "well, you got money, you're white." When we stop listening to the bs rhetoric and start focusing on class issues, then we'll start to see some progress. But when all the people with immense power and wealth are white, it's hard to separate it.

17. jfast94

jfast94 Members

Remember that Michael Moore movie, Rodger & Me? Yeah I know he made some of that shit upo, but Flint was pretty broke back then and that was 30 years ago.

18. But that's just not true. The US has a growing number of wealthy and powerful people who are not considered white. Oprah comes to mind way ahead of Spike Lee and all the different actors and performers. So many prefer to live in the past since they already know the story and it always ends the same way, "it's white people's fault" the eternal crutch. In the meantime, how many can tell you about Ronald McNair, who is never mentioned in February. Now, who do I have to sue for reparations for the Roman occupation of Sicily?

19. Sunnyriver

Sunnyriver Members

What is going on with flint now?

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Nothing has changed kids and adults continue to be slowly poisoned to death.

Lead is highly toxic which is why it was removed decades ago from Paint, Pipes, and Gasoline.

Hotwater

Piney likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.