Military

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YouFreeMe, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

Lol.... like here, years ago the greens wanted to make our Navy simply a coast guard. That would have been a marvelous help to the victims of the Tsunami wouldn't it? That is what people seem to forget, without the military of the western world, non of that kind of aid would ever get there.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am not on the left side of anything.

3. odonII

odonII O

Melanie_86

See, I told you. :devil:

If he is not on 'the left' of anything, does that mean he is 'on the right' of everything?

Melanie_86
    This is minutia. We don't need intricacies here... it's all broad strokes.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

remember way back when...there used to be people who were middle of the road on everything.

5. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

One thing I don't get is when one of your soldiers die and its a big fucking thing, but no one cares that he shot dozens of others before this.

I mean, when you get shot, while shooting at someone, it is kinda your fault.

6. odonII

odonII O

Eh, how do you know they have been shooting others? What does that matter?

It's a kinda crass thing to say.

You don't understand why people are upset when people die?

Jeez....

7. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I don't understand why people are upset about single person that died, while there was shitton way more casualities on enemy site, which afaik are also people.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

be more specific, name each soldier that was killed and the innocent people he killed rather than bunch all of the soldiers into a category of baby murderers like you seem to want to do.

9. Sig

Sig Senior Member

You sound like a great friend. I'm sure she'll be worse off not having you around.

10. odonII

odonII O

That's not quite what you said first time around.

Are you now saying why do 'we' care more for 'our' troops than the people that 'we' are fighting or those that are killed 'in the middle' of it all - civilians?
    It's a rather personal question that you have not bothered asking anybody.
    Imho, broadly speaking - why not?

11. Sig

Sig Senior Member

My years in the military were, so far, the best years of my life and I regret every day getting out when I did. The bonds I made, the skills I learned, and the experiences I had made me a much, much better man.

12. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

I'm not even going to bother quoting Fruit Fly's post, I have never seen such a horrid disgusting attitude towards the people who give up their lives so that we can be free. But I think put simply, military personnel at least for the major part in western forces, are sent into action on the whims of politicians and for reasons that escape a lot of people. Police actions, assistance to nations fighting for independence, helping to thwart terrorism. That they have to shoot back when shot at, is hardly something they can do anything about is it? Would you prefer they use harsh language?

Sadly yes, innocents do get involved and hurt/killed. But you do not mention once, the atrocities inflicted on these innocents by people such as Al Queda and the Taliban.

13. odonII

odonII O

I think his questioning of being too demonstrative regarding our 'heroes' is ok. It's just the rest of his pathetic attitude that makes me cringe.
    He knows he is being pathetic and a complete ass.
    He probably is bored.
    This is what bored trolls do.

14. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

If you go with a gun to another country with intention of capturing it, of course they will shoot you...

Ok, see some statistics,
    ~2500 people died in 9/11

Iraq war
    Afghanistan
    ~19 000 civilians dead

And those are only documented ones

Since when a single terrorist attack is enough reason to kill over 100 000 civilians and turn 2nd world countries into 3rd world countries?

Do you realise how many damage US did? They could aswell nuke these countries. At least people there wouldn't suffer so much, while you played on your iphones while taking shit.

Do you really think that they were about to attack? With what? They haven't had and still dont have any technology compared to US.

---

I have nothing agains US soldiers, they are just pawns, it is about people who send them there.

---

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

15. odonII

odonII O

Well, that was not the intention. Have you any thoughts about the Iraqi and Afghan army that is being killed too. You know, the ones we are working with.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

16. odonII

odonII O

Sorry. I get a bit worked up when somebody talks bullshit. It's nothing personal. That much. Honest.

17. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Typical bullshit being spewed by Odon.

18. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

The US really did kinda devastate Iraq needlessly, Saddam wasn't a threat to anyone. :biker:
    The Administration lied about WMD's and Saddams potential threat, talking about mushroom clouds and what-not... it's fucking documented mang.
    It basically classes as an atrocity and a war crime.

Not even gonna mention Afghanistan, it's just a continuation of the "war on terror" so...yeah.:(

19. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

While no one cares to admit to the fact thsy we all need to have a military presence in todays world. We need people who wish to make the military their careers by choice as the alternative is one we would like even less.

If this is what your friend really wishes to do with their life then the call is theirs to make. If you can not support that decision then at least perhaps keeping negative comments out of the conversation is wise.

There is honour in doing any job well, that should be what matters. Ironically you rarely hear any military personnel bragging about what they have seen or done in the line of duty. It is unlikely to become conversation.

War and unrest in the world in not going to go away. No matter what our own personal views on those situations are.

20. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

ptsd :(