Migraines and Insomnia

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Peaceful_LotusFlower, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

My PTSD is getting better slowly. I'm focusing on my personal interest and trying to get back on my feet. Trying to working on my self esteem, which is good. Domestic Violence ruined me, especially when it was longer than a few years. Not many people get it. I was brainwashed and manipulated and gaslighted. Towards the end, my ex raped me. I'm scared to tell the police about it and it took me awhile to tell my parents.

As of right now I suffer with a lot of insomnia and migraines due to PTSD. It's hard to relate with people sometimes and I get lonely and cry. So I always try to reach out as often as I can. A lot of my friends don't understand, which I can understand. I got myself a therapist, which is good. I know this may be a lot for people to read right now but it's real. I used to blame myself for so many years for things but I now know that I couldn't think straight due to being brainwashed, gaslighted and manipulation. I simply couldn't see things straight.

One good thing I did is that I started collecting records and listening to all different kinds of music and working on my art. I just need to find the courage to share them and I know I will soon. The one thing that I suffered from the most is how my ex never pleasured me sexually, it was all about him. All the time. So I'm giving myself self-love before I let anyone in and get involved with anyone romantically. The migraines and insomnia is killing me though. So if anyone is suffering with PTSD, I relate with you and trust me you're not alone.

Candy Gal and Dude111 like this.
  2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Im so sorry you went thru all that......

We all heal @ different rates so dont worry about how long it seems to be your recovering ...

Im glad you have some good analog music to listen to :)

Peace and love to you my friend [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    newbie-one likes this.
  3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry that you went through that @Peaceful_LotusFlower

I'm not sure if you want recommendations about treatment methods, but I could try to make some if you are interested.

I hope that things can get better soon.

Dude111 likes this.
  4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Oh, I am so sorry for you.
    I can only pray that you will get through this.

Dude111 likes this.
  5. this is fun

this is fun Banned

Maybe go and speak to a psychologist who might be able to help you get your worries off your chest.
    I know this helps because i've had to do this myself when I had my now late natural mother abandon and neglect me as an 18 month old baby.

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I hope you are doing somewhat better Peaceful_LotusFlower :)

Thinking of ya buddy!