Midterm Predictions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lode, Oct 10, 2018.

?

Will the midterms be a Red Wave or Blue Wave?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2018.
  1. Red Wave

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Blue Wave

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. We vote 'no confidence', ritualistically eat our representatives, and start from scratch

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes

YisiH0DN_400x400.jpg

This guy?
    This is what i'm talkin about. He's no Young Hot Stalin either, but he's pretty easy on the eyes

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah, Gavin Newsome

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I am still detecting some butthurt even though it was a resonable result for the blue team

Orison likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I was so close!

According to CBS News voter turnout was 49%.

I can't find any voter turnout numbers for the entire country, it's all broken down by state and district. I'm not going to add all that up; however, there were 35 Senate seats and 435 House seats up for grabs last night and I can only find where 2 independents won. So by my calculations Americans voted to fill 99.574% of the contested Congressional seats with either a Democrat or a Republican. Close enough.

Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi, two corrupt, self-seeking politicians, will be in charge.

And Donald Trump is still a moron.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

And it's Wednesday night.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Y'all. I'm so used to SC going red I havent even been paying attention to the big upset that occurred here in another house district. A Democrat beat a Republican. And he's a former ocean engineer. And he's handsome. Just look at him, he looks like a better David Duchovny

downloadfile.jpg

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I'm not seeing the basis for the Pelosi hate, though maybe there's something about her that I don't know about.

Dianne Feinstein on the other hand is corrupt as hell

8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

not in Georgia.

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

He's looking plastic to me. I don't know anything of substance about this guy, but tell a consultant did tell him something like, "Ok, for your photo shoot, have your hands out in front one over the other, but make sure the wedding band is showing, cause our focus groups show that'll boost your numbers. Try to look like you're doing it casually though, like you're not even aware that that's what you're doing, cause our focus groups show that seeming sincere will boost your numbers"

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Not my type. Are whiskers back in?

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps but most suburbs, nationwide, swung to the Democrats in the election

Women accounted for 53 percent of voters, and backed House Democrats over Republicans by a 21-point margin.

12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I blame the no confidence people for Rick Scott. Although it looks like it's so close and with ballots still not counted, they'll have to recount.

13. lode

lode Banned

Here's the scoop, with some comparisons to other big midterms.

2006 dem's picked up 31 house seats, 6 senate seats and 6 Gubernatorial seats at +5.5% popular vote advantage.

2010 reps picked up 63 house seats, 6 senate seats, 6 Gubernatorial seats +6.2% popular vote advantage.

2018 dems will pick up 34 house seats, lose 3 to 4 senate seats and pickup 7 Gubernatorial seats with + 7.1% popular vote advantage.

Analysis:

This election was big. Go Donkeys!

Okiefreak likes this.
  14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He reminds me a bit of Hank Moody

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

They could be twins. It's eerie. If he ever runs for president he needs to find an Uncle Runkle look a like to be his VP

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i didn't realize they had gone out?

i had no idea there was a famous uncle runkle character. i worked with a guy about 12ish years ago who we called uncle runkle, but i always thought that was just because his last name was runkle and that rhymes with uncle. here i am a third of my life later, learning that i had no idea what was going on back then.

soulcompromise likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The US needs more Charlie Runkles in high places