Midterm Predictions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lode, Oct 10, 2018.

?

Will the midterms be a Red Wave or Blue Wave?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2018.
  1. Red Wave

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Blue Wave

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. We vote 'no confidence', ritualistically eat our representatives, and start from scratch

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

My prediction is no matter how it turns out the liberals will whine about the results.

2. lode

lode Banned

Wouldn't if we ate em all...

Okiefreak likes this.
  3. Republicans are anything but whine-free. Remember how they bitched and moaned because Trump refused to pledge that he would not run as a 3rd party candidate if the GOP failed to nominate him. The dumbest thing the GOP ever did was come up with that stupid plan, he laughed in their faces.

THEN there was concern that he'd challenge the election results if Hillary won. I think there was some mention of a pledge at that point too, but I don't think it gained much traction.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh good, i see a second person will be joining me at the dinner table now

Will we be having

TurtleSoup.jpg

Flagme15 likes this.
  5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yeah I do. LOL. They didn't want him to go Independent and spoil votes. So he pledged allegiance to them. I bet they regret that whine. They asked for it. He don't give much of a crap for them. But he at least isn't yet trying to undo their existence........yet.

WritersPanic likes this.
  6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I highly doubt Pelosi will benefit your party. As speaker of the house, she used to fly a personal private jet on a weekly basis from SF to DC, while lecturing to working class Americans that they need to reduce their carbon footprint. Plus, she's going totally senile and losing her mind.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    onceburned and WritersPanic like this.
  7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'll give you my prediction Tuesday night

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

On my ballot, there's a measure to tax already legal marijuana at the city and county level. My answer: fuck no! :angry:

WritersPanic likes this.
  9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

President Trump in Macon Georgia on November 4, 2018

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Orison likes this.
  10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

so I hear that if the republicans lose the house he will blame lyin' ryan.
    of course if the repugs hold on to the senate, he will take credit.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If she is losing her mind she’s the perfect choice to take on Trump who couldn’t pass a psyche exam if his life depended on it

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well here in America there’s never been a shortage of racist bigots, white supremacists, xenophobes, isolationists, conspiracy nuts, and gun toting trailer trash ~ sigh~

MeAgain likes this.
  13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Lol....Name calling.

Ouch.

14. Agreed, he played it to win. Prior to this I never considered Trump to be a republican. But he wanted the top seat, so he chose the side that would be the easiest for him to defeat first, a pragmatic plan. It seems like the democrats would have been happier as they watched him make fools of the "top" republican contenders. Heck, he even said unsavory things about Ben Carson. I mean really, just look at all the GOP dirty laundry he exposed, democrats should have celebrated.

BUT, they couldn't. Because he was going after them next and their closets were no cleaner, leastwise the Clinton's skeletal humidor. What happened next I can only describe as the biggest continuous tantrum I've ever seen. I figured if the Clintons went through the trouble of sinking Bernie's canoe, they surely had everything they needed to dispatch Trump (politically of course). But I was wrong, oh what will I do?

15. Another thing I noticed on the Georgia ballot was that the challenger to David Scott was actually on the ballot. In previous years the republicans had to write-in any challenger because they never seemed to get enough signatures. This year things are different for some reason. Still, I seriously doubt some new republican can possibly unseat such an anchored public tick.

At least he doesn't think islands can capsize.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Seems clear. These people are too easily intimidated by black men :p

17. How's it going, Americans?

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I got handed a free bottle of water after I voted so, pretty good. Hydrated.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I was impressed. The local election crew had things running like a well-oiled--I guess machine would be the wrong metaphor in a political context, but things went smoothly and efficiently, and everybody was upbeat and civil. And really big turnout! Here in Oklahoma, the big issue is whether or not optometrists and opticians can practice in retail stores. If WalMart wins, I'm movin' to Canada! Otherwise, things seem to be fine. There's hope for us yet!

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  20. lode

lode Banned

Fox News just called the House for the blue team. Go Donkeys!

So Dem's win House. Republicans win Senate. And possibly a recount in Florida.

hotwater likes this.