Midterm Predictions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lode, Oct 10, 2018.

?

Will the midterms be a Red Wave or Blue Wave?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2018.
  1. Red Wave

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Blue Wave

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. We vote 'no confidence', ritualistically eat our representatives, and start from scratch

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. lode

lode Banned

True. But if life has taught me anything... things can always be worse.

2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

giphy (10).gif

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the only person who cares lives in australia.

4. Welllll, they have like $2B in US foreign aid on the line, so............

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

^^^Sooo....the First and Second Amendments proudly on display?

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Hmm. Thats odd. That article is from a right wing, pro 2nd amendment site. And yet the tone of the article seems to imply that exercising 2nd amendment rights in this particular case is a bad thing.
    I wonder why?

Noserider likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

intimidated voters isnt so good tho.

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It's OK. They aren't white and standing there with any Republican candidates sign. It's not the same thing. Man you gotta do better at speaking Libtard.

Libtrard logic= Security patrol in this picture. Reverse the picture and they would be Trump loving redneck racist intimidating black voters.

Got it now?

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont really believe they were outside a polling place as it is illegal to stand outside a polling place with political signs. You cant believe everything you read on a conservative blog, believe it or not

Other sources say they were marching through the streets of Atlanta, not standing at a polling location.

Obviously if they WERE at a polling location what they were doing is illegal, but i just havent seen any proof that was the case

And i dont really care either way if a militant conservative group or a militant black power group wants to open carry, you guys know how I feel about guns but open carry is legal in Georgia with a permit, I can only presume they have permits and if not, thats up to law enforcement and has nothing to do with any of us and our opinions

But I really cant help but notice some of those who are most passionate and vocal about advocating for 2nd amendment rights dont seem to think those same rights apply to this particular group, and I cant help but wonder why

That isnt libtard logic, just plain ol' logic

McFuddy and Tyrsonswood like this.
  12. I'm the innocent shy one. Hit me up if you think you've got what it takes.

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Ummm the only mention of them being at a polling station is the part where the Black Panthers said they were in 2008.

I don't know where any part of the right wing publisher stated anything about it being outside a polling station in these pics.

I'm sure I'm wrong........ somehow.

Libtard logic requires it.

Nothing in that piece stated it was bad thing they were exercising their 2A rights. More Libtard logic.

Their question was correct, how would it be perceived if White Men from a racist organization stood around with guns supporting Kemp. That's a question we all know the answer to.

Let's see if the national media picks this up.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ok.

I'm not really clear why the article, you, and orison all mentioned that they're intimidating voters if they're not at a polling place. It would only be voter intimidation if they were, ya know, hanging out a place where people vote

But i'll just let it go lest i get caught up in some kd logic

15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Good choice.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm sorry i ruined your black panther party

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I guess my position would be that it does create intimidation around the issue of that particular political contest. I definitely have a problem seeing guns. I don't like them. I think they do create intimidation and that that's the purpose of most men who open carry. The protection argument is pretty meaningless to my ears. Some people may have seen the article I posted in the score card thread about militias taking up arms and going to "aid" at the border. I feel like this is less offensive than that. Seems like I double standard, but I'm not sure it is.

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

that made me crack up :)

Meliai likes this.
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

WTF? Not my party. I'm hoping to see both Oprah and Kemp step up and denounce them and reject their support.

Just as they demand Trump do to his racist supporters.

20. lode

lode Banned

It's a classic movie line.

So post your predictions or start your own thread, which I presume will be titled 'libtards'.

Meliai likes this.