Midterm Predictions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lode, Oct 10, 2018.

?

Will the midterms be a Red Wave or Blue Wave?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2018.
  1. Red Wave

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Blue Wave

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. We vote 'no confidence', ritualistically eat our representatives, and start from scratch

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I really don't care who wins in Texas. Ted Cruz is a traitor and a bait-and-switch type. I remember when the Campaign for Liberty, started by Ron Paul, endorsed his senate run back in 2012. But he showed his true colors a few years ago when he deliberately was absent for a vote on the Audit the Fed bill. We needed his vote to make it pass the senate, and he wasn't there. Bernie Sanders at least voted for it; he was one of very few democrats who actually did the right thing. Heidi Cruz is a shill for Goldman Sachs. So I don't really care if Beta-Male O'Rourke dethrones his senate seat or not. Ironically, it just so happens Cruz is actually more hispanic than O'Rourke, who pretends to be one for publicity sake. He joins the ranks of Sean King and Rachel Dolzal.

WritersPanic likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

From everything I’m hearing from both sides the Democrats will take control of the House while the Republican’s will hold onto the Senate. Even Trump reluctantly conceded the House earlier today.

I’m a long time Democrat and while I can’t stand Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro Pelosi, if she becomes Speaker of the House, it will only benefit our party because if there’s anyone other than Hillary Clinton the Republicans can't stand it's Nancy Pelosi.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

we didn't get report cards, but i'm pretty sure if we had an awful grade they would call the parents or something. i remember a handful of midterms when my mom confronted me after hearing that i had like 12% in a class. it was always enough to make me buckle down and actually complete one or two assignments, just enough to bump my grade up to a B or so.

this is probably why our workforce is so awful these days. you shouldn't be able to give zero effort half the time and half effort the other half, and still end up on the honor roll.

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I assume since midterms is red, she is voting republican

[​IMG]

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    McFuddy likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I think ya'll are in for a bit of a surprise.

Reps have 235 seats in the house at the moment.

Im going to say they will have 238 after midterms.

Anything more than 220 and it will basically mean Presidents approval rating means diddly squat nowadays.

Last 30 something years midterm means the Presidents party loses seats in the house, haemorrhage seats if he has a shitty approval rating.

This isnt a pro Trump rant, I just suspect that approval rating doesnt mean what it used to

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This thread is titled Midterm Predictions

So come on, eveyone say how many seats Reps will have in the House after the elections

Then we can come back and see who was WRONG

11. Why don't Democrats just run as Republicans? I seriously think Republicans will go for it. Besides the really staunch Democrats, the rest of the Democrats will vote for them, too. I know this would work. And Republicans would think they won and everyone would be happy.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So no one wants to stick their neck out, make a prediction?

Even all those whining about Trump?

13. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I honestly think a very large number of democrats in their 50's and older will be voting republican for the first time in their lives. Since Trumps landslide win the democratic party IMO has become more vicious and stupid than any time in this countries history. Both sides are corrupt, there is no disputing that but our flourishing economy itself will sway enough voters red to once again scorn democrats to bring about yet more domestic violence from within the democratic party sinking it yet deeper into its self created sink-hole.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Your new avatar makes you look like you are in a boy band

Neon'sync

15. lode

lode Banned

Sticking with 35 to blue team.

230 D
    205 R

I'm feeling a little less confident in Senate. The dem's are defending a lot of red turf, so no change in current makeup. I'm saying:
    51 R
    49 D

16. lode

lode Banned

I've never heard of losing an election by 3.5 million votes called a landslide.

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I predict approximately half of the eligible voters won't bother going to the polls, the other half will vote for either a Democrat or a Republican, both houses of Congress will be controlled by corrupt, self-seeking politicians and Trump will still be a moron. On Wednesday we'll see if I'm right.