Midterm Predictions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lode, Oct 10, 2018.

?

Will the midterms be a Red Wave or Blue Wave?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2018.
  1. Red Wave

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Blue Wave

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. We vote 'no confidence', ritualistically eat our representatives, and start from scratch

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. lode

lode Banned

And I don't want to seem partisan. Let's have a light after dinner Schumer Sherry.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can bring my famous Pelosi punch and make it a real party

your cannibal dinner seems much more high brow than mine.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

How can we turn the midterms into a drinking game?

That's all I care about

4. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

I am hoping that we can keep Heidkamp. Cramer is just fucking bad news.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm prepared for disappointment, but I know how to vote and plan to do so. I hope that the Democratic party seats as many House members as they can. I hope Beto Orourke (however you spell it) wins his Senate seat in Texas for all the world to see. As for any wave that might happen (it would need to be a blue wave for me to be satisfied) the numbers are a mystery. I think that the odds are republicans will vote for republicans. If that doesn't remain constant I'll be surprised. If democrats get off their collective behinds we might stand a chance against a red wave.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Trey Gowdy's seat is up here.
    11,000 people voted in the Democratic primary for his seat
    70,000 voted in the Republican primary
    :/ so that seems pretty indicative of how the vote will go

7. lode

lode Banned

Okay, let's all tune into CNN election night.

Every time they mention minority turnout, we take a sip of beer.

Every time they interview someone from middle of nowhere to see what 'middle america thinks' we take a shot.

We take two drinks when they compare the districts results to 2018.

We chug wine for 5 seconds when an anchor messes up.

And we each choose a color for our predicted team for house and senate. Losing each takes 2 shots.

We each take a shot at the end of the night.

8. lode

lode Banned

I went to fancy lad school. :D

Meliai likes this.
  9. lode

lode Banned

I've thought you an Aussie this whole time.

Senates tough for Dems this year. There are probably one of three seats they're polling behind but would have to win to get to 51. Heitkamp in North Dakota, O'Rourke in Texas, or Bredesen in Tennessee. Bredesen just came out on top in a poll today though.

Poll: Democrat takes the lead in Tennessee Senate race against Repu...

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always liked mid term in HS because they didn't send out report cards for mid year.

Lol whom I kidding, my report cards were all gold except for a few "Jocelyn is a constant distraction to the class" remarks. Which was true too. I was a distraction.

11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Sorry, I don't eat anything with a deflating face that just kind of blends into the neck.

Seriously. Dude looks like a melting turtle

Meliai likes this.
  12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

When I was a kid I called my grandmother Graham cracker crunch.

Random info.

Meliai likes this.
  13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think Mitch McConnell looks a little like this smiley: :flushed:.

14. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Dems win the house, barely, but reps gain seats in the senate.

Note: if republicans try to cut SS, and Medicare, look for people to take to the streets.

15. quark

quark Parts Unknown

It will be I that comes out victorious.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Sorry if you misunderstood. I didn't mean to imply you're a Trump supporter, and I never thought you were. I think you're an apolitical anarchist who thinks Trump is normal, typical and par for the course in American government. And I think you're wrong.

"Superficial" is a relative concept. I hardly think the difference between Trump and Obama is superficial.

Not new, but not typical. Trump's is the most corrupt administration since his hero Grant's, and he matches Nixon in assaulting the institutions of democracy.

You have the primary obligation to make your posts clear. They seem clear enough, and this one, attempting to clarify the previous ones, seems further to make clear that your take on Trump is seriously out to lunch. BTW, I think Terance McKenna was fuzzy minded, to put it charitably. I suppose us ordinary folks can't appreciate true genius--his and yours. I agree that we need to be informed before we "charge off with some political agenda"--up to a point. But taken to an extreme, that can easily become an excuse for more navel contemplation and acid dropping while the Ship of State burns down around us.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I'll take issue with one thing you posted.
    Trump does not match Nixon in assaulting the institutions of democracy...he far exceeds him.
    Nixon had a brain.

pineapple08 and Okiefreak like this.
  18. Trump isn't even that bad. As far as fascists go, he's pretty run-of-the-mill and certainly no worse than any other president of the 21st Century. I know democrats hate to hear this, but Obama was a total creep, too. Just some baby killer behind a smiling facade.

I mean, you guys have engendered all that is happening with your conformity and nationalism. And then you act all shocked. Say what you will, but I am experienced enough that Trump's presidency is not shocking in the least. I'd be more shocked if we were waging war in the middle east like we did under Obama and Bush. Trump can't get away with that, though. He's too inept at home. Only real professional scumbags like Obama and Bush can get away with that shit.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Midterm Prediction

20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Your baseless ramblings lack specific detail. You're just emoting--in such a vague, general way it's hard to reply.

21. Irony, anyone? My vague "baseless ramblings" lack specific detail.

You just know that what I'm saying is true and don't want to get into an argument with me about it, because you know I'll win. And that's fine, because I know there's no point in arguing with nationalists like you anyway. You guys have the dividing line, red and blue, and you never point the finger at yourselves. Just point elsewhere...that's the enemy, not you! There's always some external enemy you can point the finger at. Meanwhile atrocities are committed in your name and you never once own up to them.

Trump calls himself a nationalist. Where do you think that comes from? It comes from the phony war on terror that you all adore so fucking much. You are total nationalists, creating nationalistic fervor, and Trump is just the guy who takes advantage of it. And there will be more.

Excuse me for not getting into the bullshit specifics of your backwards country with you. I'm the type to actually address what's going on here rather that deflect to the bullshit minutia of daily political life you all jerk yourselves off with. Bunch of nationalist cowards discussing the bullshit in and outs of their bullshit country.