middle tennessee area anyone ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by disabledvet, Nov 27, 2007.

1. disabledvet

disabledvet Member

ok, I am a 48 year old disabled vet (peacetime warrior). Moved down here about 16 years ago so did not grow up with anyone here. Few years ago, started researching quantum physics which I found just absolutely mind blowing. This led me into more research into spitiualism. I delved into books and audio by people like Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, terrance mckenna etc.
    Which, in turn, has led me into a whole new understanding of life. IN my younger days, I felt I was a "hippie", but that was mainly because I was a HEAVY drug user. Alas, in my teens and 20's, I used lsd frequently, but using it for recreation rather then a spiritual tool.
    Not knowing anyone in this area, I experimented with trying to grow shrooms so I could use them as a spiritual aide, but alas, didn't fare well(I was trying to grow them secretly in my garage, away from prying family eyes).

I now try to meditate every day and am seeing my experience here in a whole new life.
    My "quest" at the moment is trying to meet some like minded indviduals who live fairly close to me who would be willing to meet me, get to know me so they understand who I am and what I seek, and maybe help me in my spiritual quest.
    I LONG to try things I used to use recreationally, only this time, understanding that they are nothing more then an occasional tool to help me look inside myself and find my true inner being, to help me understand and become what I truly am - a spiritual being in a temporary human existence.
    Anyway - just curious if any like minded people exist around my area.
    age is not a consideration, just a meet and greet to show u that I am truly what I say I am.
    thanks

2. Iblistech

Iblistech Guest

I've lived in Middle Tennessee my whole life. Anyway, what part of Middle Tennessee do you live in? I live in Madison, which is very close to Nashville.

3. mtsyouguy

mtsyouguy Member

Quatum physics? Awesome holla at me Ima MTSU student!!!

4. caraflower

caraflower Member

do you still live in the area? I've been here for quite a long time now....peace on :peace:

5. mtsyouguy

mtsyouguy Member

Yeh man i still live here in Murfreesboro...15 mins from Nashville...what u into???

6. ShortDude

ShortDude Member

I'm near Franklin.

7. mtsyouguy

mtsyouguy Member

And whatcha into?? Can senda private IM if ya want....trying to find some 'cool' peeps to kick it with ya dig.