Microwaves?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Spacer, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Anyone reckon using them could be bad for you?

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Well my guess would be yes. We tossed our microwave about three years ago and it's amazing how much better we are all feeling (we used to use it daily). What the cause is, I don't know. All I know is that they supposedly damage your eyes if you look into them, and who doesn't like watching a mug of hot water circulate for three minutes? The other thing is, if you actually cook food in them, they cook out a lot of nurtrients in the food.

I would say they are probably fine so long as you don't have a pacemaker.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Microwaves are bad simply for the fact that they deplete most of the nutrients and vitamins out of food. Plus, I believe microwaves are dangerous for other reasons as well. Though the radiation that is released from a microwave oven is minimal, no amount of radiation exposure is good.

Food tastes much better heated up on the stove or in the oven, besides.

I have a microwave, but I rarely use it. I just don't really like the idea of eating radiated food. It's just not healthy.

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

5. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Microvaves preserve many nutrients and vitamins in food. If you boil veggies, for example, you discard the nutrients with the water.

I wouldn't worry about microwave use, at all, just don't get inside of it!

6. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

or you could always eat veggies raw! or lacto-ferment them... or steam them, or.....

seriously there are so many options!

...and i've read studies that show that people recovering from surgery in hospital heal faster if they're in the control group that ISNT eating microwaved food. microwave ovens are evil! dont use them. :p

7. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

yeah, I have only heard evil stuff about them too. sorry I don't remember what, except that microwaved food is deader then cooked food, in a way....

8. WildChild12843

WildChild12843 Member

Something about microwaves has always freaked me out, I'm seriously afraid of them. They aren't natural...they're weird. ::shudders:: Food shouldn't be cooked by radiation. Stoves aren't natural either, but at least they only use heat.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i only use a micowave for microwave popcorn...thats about it.

10. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

My friend told me something about this once... he's a nutritionist junkie lol... I can't seem to remember exactly what he said.. something about the radiation and how it is unhealthy for you.... i'd say he's probably right. Maybe I'll stop using mine so much!

liv mj

11. juggla

juggla Member

fuckin' retards posting here, a microwave aint gonna kill you, and no radiation bullshit about it either the sun gives off more radiation than a microwave. and how else are you gonna heat a frozen burrito in less than 3 minutes.

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

for me, microwave food just tastes like shit compared to real cooking. I dont understand people who use them regularly. its like substituting flavour and nutrients and often the texture of the food, for faster and easier heating. you lazy bums!

its good for heating canned foods, but even then, heating them on the stove tastes much better imo