Michael Flynn Case Gets Dismissed

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, May 8, 2020.

1. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

[​IMG]

erofant and snowtiggernd like this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Assuming that the US is a democracy, what on earth is wrong with having a democratic relationship with Russia.??????

Following WW2, the rest of Europe decided to cripple Germany with taxes, removing hope and expectations from a complete generation of German people.
    I fail to see how people are still surprised why this led to the popularity of Nazi propaganda.?????
    We all know how that ended up.!!!!!!!!!!

It is time that the US invited Putin over for another cup of tea, rebuilt Detroit and concentrated on making America great again.

Instead they are still sending all their dollars along a one way street to China.

Are people too stupid to realize that China is a worst enemy to the US than Russia.?
    They will never need to send an army.
    Just wait a couple more decades and they will simply own the country.

PS, My thoughts apply equally to the EU.

Mustard Tiger and walkoflife like this.
  4. It's not though. And the founders went to a lot of trouble defining a government that transcended a simple democracy.

WW1, a little over a century ago! And not only did Germany deserve every copper coin of that reparations bill, but it was their own German arrogance that gave rise to Hitler. As beaten down as they were all it took was platitudes and projected pride to turn a nation into a military camp.

Nobody "likes" the US (unless the US is sending them money, then they grumble in hushed tones). The US is just a money machine and the world only wants to plunder it. And who can blame them when they see the US government treating citizens like cattle? Stupid cattle at that.

5. MeAgain

Nothing, who said there was something wrong with a meaningful relationship with any country??

6. wilsjane

While I agree that the German people have a great sense of pride, I don't think that the average German person in the street feels that it should be at the expense of others.

It is a difficult situation and in my opinion their is so little differences between your political parties that I do not even know which one is in power at the moment.
    The problem is that any country needs capitalists and workers, along with a government that ensures that neither are exploited. Easier said than done.
    The problem is that any new party rising from the ashes may follow a path leading to a communist system.
    When I talk to the working class 'know it all's; I ask a simple question. "If you were working under your ideal system, how many people would you employ". Surprise surprise, I never get an answer.
    I don't think that describes the attitude of the UK government towards the US. I think that trade between our countries is fair and equal.
    Regarding the everyday people, I hope that you will always feel welcome here, regardless of the size of your wallet.

On a more humorous note.

American cross party conference.

Then along comes a Russian visitor,

7. wilsjane

Being in the UK and only getting reports of US politics via the media, I get the impression that all attempts to relax tensions with Russia are met with cries of "Traitor" by the opposite political party.

I am sure that it is not the view of the average man in the street.

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't have any problem whatsoever with the Russian Federation. I do however have a problem with hackers. The issue that should be fresh in everyone's mind is that nonpartisan intelligence agencies identified a Russian-based campaign to affect something in the 2016 election. They have also said that these same sorts of things continue to influence our affairs.

I've personally never been sure if these allegations were being directed at Russian citizens or bad actors just simply on Russian soil, or if this was coming from the Kremlin. It's likely a classified matter. Without knowing, it's really hard to be objective about relations with Russia. It feels like we don't know their motivation beyond some allegations that they meant to sow seeds of discord, which holds a negative connotation.

Again, I have no problem with them.

Similarly, I think that much has been said about China that doesn't necessarily make them an enemy. I could use clarification about it. The one thing that really stands out in my mind though is the trade deficit - or at least what was once a deficit. But our trade war with them ended as far as I know.

We borrow lots of money from China and because of that I'm confused as to why there aren't more attempts at diplomatic interactions with them.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  9. I've known many who expect it. One was a 24 year old engineer working in Martinique and getting ready to go back to Germany to get his masters, all for "free". Since their country doesn't feel a need to maintain a massive defense force anymore, under an American umbrella, they are able to invest liberally in their human resources.

Look how they shrieked when president Tang told NATO he stopped payment on the check. Them German fuckers BANK on the expense of others.

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

He's been Flynndicated

11. MeAgain

Do you know what Flynn plead guilty to?

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

breathing is met with cries of "traitor" by the opposite political party.

Mustard Tiger and wilsjane like this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

After the Nov 2020 election outgoing President Trump would have pardoned him anyway so no big deal

14. wilsjane

I am of the impression that his efforts to maintain a friendly relationship with a Russian ambassador were seen as some sort of threat to the US by the FBI.
    Perhaps not thinking that foreign policy was within their remit, he played it down and was somewhat sparing with the truth.
    Their are 2 sides to every issue, but it all seemed quite harmless to me, particularly since someone in his position would not be privy to military secret information in the first place.

15. erofant

erofant Members

Russia has been considered an "enemy state" for decades by both Democratic and Republican administrations. U.S. Russian relations improved a bit when Reagan and Gorbachev were talking. But Gorbachev was open to being non-militaristic and antagonizing to the West. He's the primary reason that U.S. - Russian relations warmed up and travel between the two countries became much more common. Free communications and non-communist information was allowed, where before Gorbachev, the Kremlin controlled all information and activity. If only a Russian leader would emerge who is more like Gorbachev was, and things could return to a more stable footing between the U.S. and Russia. But it WILL NOT happen with Putin alive. He just forced the Russian government to change some Communist Party rules to allow him to remain in power for life. Prepare for more conflict and aggressive military maneuvering by Russia. Putin and Xi Jinping from China are now cooperating in many things against the West. That fact has been in the news a fair amount recently. The two biggest Communist countries working together against the U.S. and the West ……………………. raise any alarms??? Any red flags???

With that fact as a backdrop, Rump has said he knows more than all the Generals in the U.S. military!!! It's on VIDEO TAPE!!! And Rump trusts nobody in the CIA, FBI, NSA, NIA, etc. and has installed his supportive, long-time buddies who know nothing about military intelligence, as puppets to oversee those agencies. Could we BE more vulnerable????? I can see WW-III approaching.

Now that Putin ( a former Kremlin official ) has been in there, things have gone backwards for Russia. Putin controls everything in Russia again, and he's become more militarily aggressive to annex areas that were part of the former Soviet Union. The biggest embarrassment to Putin is the fall of the Communist State of the Soviet Union, so he's moving to rebuild it again into totalitarian system of government. AND THIS IS THE COMMUNIST RUSSIAN LEADER THAT TRUMP PRAISES AND ADMIRES FOR HIS STRONG LEADERSHIP STYLE!!!!

Webster's Dictionary definition of Totalitarian - "a system of government that suppresses all opposition." - or - "one who adheres to that belief." SOUND FAMILIAR??? RESEMBLE ANYONE WE ALL KNOW UNFORTUNATELY??? Suppress all opposition ……………. insulate oneself from negative commentary …………… suppress news that isn't complimentary ………………

16. wilsjane

For all his goofy ways, Trump is no fool.
    Dragging Putin onto the world stage may get him away from idolizing Stalin and make him see the folly of his image of Russia's future.
    We could teach him a thing or two about how we managed to negotiate independence with the former British colonies and maintain them as friends and allies, some of who still recognize our Queen.

17. MeAgain

Flynn was in secret communication with Sergey Kislyak. Trump refuses to disclose what was said, but we know it dealt with the expulsion of 35 Russians becasue of the election interference and the lifting of the sanctions. "We'll review everything."[116]. All in violation of the Logan Act.
    Sean Spicer lied about the date.

The FBI interviewed Flynn and found he was compromised by the Russians and open to blackmail. They found he lied to the vice president.
    Flynn denied the conversation took place.
    In addition Flynn colluded with Putin to end sanctions outside of diplomatic channels.
    Trump responded by firing the director of the FBI for investigating Flynn's actions.

Then Trump met with the new FBI director and tried to get him to drop the investigation of Flynn, "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go" adding "he's a good guy."[133]

The FBI had evidence that Flynn was, "planning a kidnapping and extrajudicial rendition of Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen to Turkey.[140][141]" and that he had lied to the FBI.

Flynn plead guilty to, "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI.

So let's review:
    Russia interferes with our election.
    The U.S. imposes sanctions and expels diplomats in response.
    Flynn secretly meets with Russians and assures them he will work to lift the sanctions.
    Flynn works with Putin to develop a deal, though Turkey, to lift the sanctions, by kidnapping someone they want.
    The FBI finds out.
    Flynn lies to the vice president and the FBI about the meetings.
    Trump responds by firing the head of the FBI.
    Then Trump tries to strong arm the next FBI director to look the other way.
    Flynn pleads guilty...that is he admits he was an agent for Russia and lied about it multiple times.

Trump's bogus DOJ drops all charges that Flynn has admitted to.

What this means:
    If you speak the truth in the era of Trump, you get fired.
    If you secretly meet with Russian agents after they have tampered with our presidential election to cancel repercussions and then lie about it, all charges, that you admitted to, are dropped.

Under Trump:
    Trump calls the FBI scum.
    The rule of law has no meaning.
    Russia and her agents are free to do what they want.

erofant and Bicaptain My Captain like this.
  18. wilsjane

Thank you for putting me in the picture. None of this reached mainstream news in the UK.

I agree with a good relationship with Russia, but "getting into bed with them" is going too far. Perhaps Trump's background and age has got him out of his depth in matters like this. It can happen all too easily.

MeAgain likes this.
  19. lode

lode Banned

Barr wanted to save Trump the grief of pardoning Flynn.

Committed Perjury. I say fuck him.

20. srgreene

srgreene Members

Agree completely. Flynn should never have been arrested, let alone prosecuted. Entrapment by the FBI for political purposes at its worst. Thank goodness Barr did what he could put an end to that awful misapplication of criminal law. Per Kellyanne Conway:

“I would remind everybody that President Obama told President-elect Trump he had two things to worry about: North Korea and Michael Flynn,” Conway said last Thursday on Fox’s America Newsroom.

“Folks, that’s just weird on its face,” Conway continued, as if folks needed to be told. “You gotta worry about a nuclear-capable dictator in North Korea, and you gotta worry about a general of 37 years who served in… the Obama administration.”

We should all be grateful we have capable patriotic Americans like Gen. Flynn, and should all shudder at the prospect of them being targets of corrupt FBI investigations.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art...amas_russia_collusion_plot.html#ixzz6M5h1uQ9I

walkoflife and Mustard Tiger like this.