MG question

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Jetblack, May 8, 2004.

1. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

wow man this really sux the old hip forums is gone... i really liked that set up and all the posts r gone :( o well hipforums shall prevail!!!!! o well anyways onto my MG question. I heard to clean it you can just put it in some ice water and soap and let it soak for liek 30 minutes and repeat this a few times and then after the third time rinse the seeds off in luke warm water then proceed to girnd up. does this sound good? if not any suggestions?

2. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Ice water and soap?!?! You must be joking...

The only decent MG seed preparation involves a polar/non-polar extraction, usually using naptha and ethanol. Anything less than this will usually result in moderate to severe nausea and vomiting.

Lotsa details over at Erowid...start reading!

3. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I think they are only asking how to clean the pesticide nastiness off the seeds, not how to do a proper extraction ellis.
    The soap thing should work, but I would just look for untreated seeds, Martha Stewart brand at K-mart are supposed to be untreated, and so are burpee but I am not entirely sure.

4. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

if you can find them from an organic stuffs company, they should be pesticide free.

5. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya i just wanna clean them from dirt etc

6. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

just rinse them with water then, no need for soap or ice

7. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Better yet, use the store-bought seeds to grow flowers, then harvest the seeds from the crop you grow. That way, you KNOW that they are untreated.

8. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

how many seeds do you think would be produced from one plant?

9. Darius

Darius Member

a million

No joke

10. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

be careful, you could lose reputation making statements like this now!!! lol

11. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

i think used with a shamanic context they can produce visionary experiences. after all not only were morning glory seeds used as a tool for accessing the spiritworld, but also the seeds themselves were considered to be deities.
    note, this is not true with hawaiinbaby woodrose. though they got more lsa in them, from my experiences i think they are more toxic to your body.
    now rivea corymbosa, ololiuqui, thats one that i ve been wanting to hear more about, there almost no trip reports and confusing dosage info, but i have a feeling that this one is the cream of the the family of lsa plants.

12. eCubensis

eCubensis Member

yes, eugene was correct, burpee's are grown without the use of pesticides/fungicides, and they are quite an easy brand to find. as far as washing goes, water is fine if you buy the organically grown kind. if you want the best effects without doing any extractions, grind them up with a coffee grinder, and figure out a way to swallow them without vomiting. if you can handle it, mix it with water and just down it. i wouldn't recommend mixing them with any foods, for i'd rather go into it with a empty stomach.

Ellis, it seems you are knowledgeable on the extraction methods...i am yet to do this..all materials needed are in easy reach, such as the petroleum ether, and ethyl alcohol, yet there is one thing i am wondering about. now, when i've done the seeds, i've ingested about 11g of them. if i were to perform an extraction on seeds, would extracting the d-lsa amide from 11g be enough? or should i use a larger amount? i'd guess extracting wouldn't allow you to gain 100% of the d-lsa amide, and so i'd figure you'd need a higher quantity to start with. but how much exactly?

13. eCubensis

eCubensis Member

cripes............