#MeToo

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Aerianne, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Me too

Though once it was totally my fault, so I'm not sure it counts.

When I was in high school, me and some locals from town would camp out and party on the river that ran through my dad's property. Most of us were in our late teens-early 20s, but someone seemed to always invite some 35-40 year old guy, which, at first, wasn't creepy to me in the least. Not until some 40 year old perv was trying to convince me to show him my boobs. I was like 17 at the time. And it wasn't an off-color joke. He crawled into my tent, cornered me, and told me to take off my top. I was really freaked out and uncomfortable. Ended up sprinting home across the fields, and locking every door and window in the house before going to bed. But I never mentioned it to my dad. I've never mentioned it at all, ever, until just now.

Second time, I was in college and still unsure in my sexuality, and went out with a guy and was dumb enough to invite him to my room. Of he course he took that to mean I wanted to sleep with him. When I was less than enthusiastic at that notion, he kept whining and begging and grabbing and groping me. He tried for 20 minutes to fuck me, and then I realized that if I had just given him what he wanted, it would have been over and done with and he would have been gone by now. So I gave him what he wanted...not because I wanted it too, but because it was the only thing I could think of to actually get out of the situation.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It does count. You were sexually assaulted both times.

3. Me too

1 person likes this.
  4. Aerianne

Thank you for raising your voice, Etherea.

5. You're welcome! Unfortunately I don't know of any woman who hasn't been physically or verbally abused at some point in their life.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Isn't that horrible!?

There are men who are subjects of sexual assault, too.

NotMyRealName and morrow like this.
  7. I am aware of the abuse that men suffer but sadly the vast majority of abuse is perpetrated against women.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I'm sorry for what happened to you. But if you say it was your fault then all efforts are in vain.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I was slapped on the ass in a crowd once. It was weird, but I'm not too bent out of shape about it. I didn't really understand it at that time but now I realize it was inappropriate for whoever it was to do that. It was some girl I didn't know.

1 person likes this.
  10. Aerianne

You're right, it was sexual assault.

1 person likes this.
  11. Aerianne

My granddaughter, who has just turned 15 years old, was sexually assaulted at middle school today.

A boy was touching her butt as she was walking up the stairs. When she reached back to slap his arm away, he lifted her phone out of her back pocket and threw it across the floor.

Her mother is reporting it to the school principal by email this evening and calling it "sexual assault".

We will see what Monday brings.

scratcho likes this.
  12. Me too.

1 person likes this.
  13. Aerianne

Thank you for speaking out.

14. Aerianne

Fiona Apple wrote this about her rape at 12 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDPD5iKaA5U

15. Noserider

Just got off the phone with my mom. We had a long chat.

Anyway...

...add her to the #metoo pile

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Not sure if this counts, but my first boyfriend forced himself on me once. I was 18. We had already done it once, then he started to come at me again and I told him I didn't want to. He said he could take me if he wanted to and I couldn't do anything about it. He did and he came in me. Then he took me to a walgreens to get Plan B and told me he would do all the talking because I was upset and embarrassed, but when we got to the pharmacy he just stood there while I asked for it with my messy hair and no bra on under my shirt. I'm kind of amazed the pharmacist didn't even think to ask me if I was in trouble. Then when he took me home I told him how humiliating that was for me and he laughed in my face like it was funny. He's a piece of shit.

Not to mention whenever I told him I was uncomfortable he would make me feel like a kid who was inadequate. Saying things like "I knew you weren't ready for this" like it was my problem and not anything he did wrong, like ignore me when I told him he hurt me. I guess I was too desperate for someone's attention that I voluntarily kept sleeping with him even after all this. Until he cheated on me, or more likely, raped someone else. Either way I was done with him.

scratcho and Asmodean like this.
  17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Of course it counts! Why wouldn't it?? Because he was your boyfriend? Or because you already did it? You should have shanked his nutsack!

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Unusual article in the paper here the other day. A male was kidnapped and sexually assaulted. No details given and nothing more about it. That may be the 1st time I have ever seen that in any paper. There have been some assaults around the Uof O , but they have been against women, as usual.

19. Aerianne

I'm glad she felt she could confide in you. I know it meant alot to her.

Yes, it absolutely does. Thank you for responding.

20. Noserider

That's how it works...

21. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Whenever I catch a plane, security takes my naked picture with their x-ray machines. One time while being frisked in the same airport, I had my balls groped by a security guard who was having too much fun with me. Couldn't do anything about it because I needed to catch this flight.

Me too

Aerianne likes this.