#MeToo

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Aerianne, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Social Media has been raising awareness about Sexual Assault under the hash tag, or status update, of "Me Too".

I thought I'd start it at Hip Forums for anyone who wants to add to the awareness of the number of people who have experienced Sexual Assault, in any form.

If you want to participate here you can simply post "Me Too". You do not need to list any details unless you want to.

Let's keep this real with no joking and no judgement.

The term sexual assault refers to sexual contact or behavior that occurs without explicit consent of the victim. Those underage are never able to give consent.

2. Aerianne

Me Too.

I might talk about some of it later in the thread.

2 people like this.
  3. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I've been sexually assaulted, groped by women and men. Not trying to downplay the effect this might have on some people, but just to say it didn't ruin my life.

I used to work in a nightclub, and when I went out to collect glasses some of the girls used grab my bum. Another time I was talking to a gay guy in a club, and of course because I used to be practically irresistable he was testing the waters, grabbed my arse a couple of times, the second time of which he was presented with a final warning.

Also, when I was 17 I worked in a local supermarket there and one of the older checkout ladies took a shine to me and used to tickle me on the ass. I used to fantasise about her coming upstairs to the warehouse and seducing me. I wish this had happened, I know she wanted to.

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In France they go with #Balancetonporc

Which translates as 'Expose your pig'

:cheers2:

3 people like this.
  5. Aerianne

That's a good one.

6. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Sometimes I wish the word assault wasn't used for almost everything. I know it's a legal term that comprises also simple touching without consent

Dont get me wrong. I wouldn't wish sexual abuse of any kind on anyone. Unwanted ass groping is a bad thing and should be punished immediately by bitch-slapping.

But when I assault someone there will be a lot of hurt going down.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  7. Aerianne

Granted, there are different kinds of assault and different degrees of assault but it's all still assault.

8. Aerianne

The first time I was sexually assaulted it was by my brother and I was 5 or 6 years old. It continued for about 5 years until he got his girlfriend pregnant and my parents moved him out of the house.

9. Aerianne

Then by one of my brother's friends.

10. Aerianne

The son of a preacher sexually assaulted me on their church bus when I was 13 years old.

When I was about 14 yrs. old, I was raped by a 16 year old guy at his house.

11. Aerianne

After a night of partying, I was awakened by a group of 4 guys kissing and groping my body. They were friends of the one I called my boyfriend at the time. I was 18 years old.

12. Aerianne

When I was about 20, I was in a bar with my husband and another couple. Another patron at the bar (male) and I were talking as the bartender made drinks. The guy grabbed my face and planted his tongue in my mouth.

13. Aerianne

I don't know if there are more instances...I'd have to think.

My life wasn't ruined in spite of any of it, but it did go into forming the person I am just as everything that happens to us does.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Me too

This was more harrassment than assault, actually I think it maybe constitutes kidnapping... but in 9th grade two brothers I had known for a few years gave me a ride home from school, but halfway home they told me they wouldnt take me home unless I showed them my breasts. I refused, and they drove around for 30 more minutes while I refused. I was terrified they were going to stop somewhere and do something but finally they gave up and dropped me off.

Then when I was 19 I crashed in the same bed at a party, fully clothed, as one of my best friends and I woke up the next morning with his fingers inside of me. I didnt know what to do so I just laid there until he stopped. He played if off like he thought I was awake the whole time. And the fucked up part is I believed him. For a long time I believed him, until another friend of his accused him of the same thing. And even then I didnt really think about it. It wasnt until recently that I really started thinking about it and realized what bullshit it was and started getting really angry about it. Of course he knew I was asleep, I woke up from a dead sleep and his fingers were already inside me. How could he not know I was asleep?

That incident is one reason I get really pissed when people blame the victim for not stepping up and saying anything or pressing charges. Being assaulted can be really fucking confusing, no one is taught what to think or what to do when it happens and it can be hard to make sense of it.

1 person likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm glad you started this thread, Aeri.

2 people like this.
  16. Aerianne

Yes, Meliai you were a victim or sexual assault.

[background=#ebdbef]

Meliai said:
    Me too

Being assaulted can be really fucking confusing, no one is taught what to think or what to do when it happens and it can be hard to make sense of it.[/background]

That's one of the most difficult parts.

I never told.

1 person likes this.
  17. Aerianne

When I was 10 years old, at a family gathering right after my grandfather's funeral, a male cousin followed me into the bathroom at my grandmother's house, backed me against the wall and forced his tongue into my mouth.

18. Aerianne

When I was about 11, our family took a ride to look at something. They took my great aunt and great uncle along in our big car.

I had to sit on my great uncle's lap all the way there and all the way back.

He had the hardest boner with me on his lap for the whole trip. I didn't even understand, until much later, that he was sexually turned on. I just knew that it was very hard and very uncomfortable for me to sit on in the car.

19. Aerianne

When I was 13, a couple of neighborhood kids were hanging out at the river that ran beside our street. One of the older neighbor boys pressed me down to the ground, stuck his tongue in my mouth and his hand up my shirt. My younger brother was looking for me, saw me struggling and told him to stop. Bless his little heart.

20. Aerianne

When I was 24-25 years old, my husband found out I'd slept with another man.

He'd come home from work everyday and back me against the wall to interrogate me about what I'd done during the day and then he'd force himself on me, sexually, every night. This went on for at least a month.