meth is not your friend.

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by serra, May 17, 2004.

1. serra

serra tentacle girl

it's true. the stuff is evil. i watch it ruin friends all the time. problem with being involved in this here rave scene is that people often confuse being a raver with being a druggie- sometimes it's hard to tell which is which.

meth is usually something that makes the difference obvious.

2. KBlaze

KBlaze Member

yeah, my best friend who i've known since 1st grade and always used to get stoned with got into that stuff recently. it started out like hed bust the speed pipe out when were gettin high, and little by little it gets worse...now i see him once every other month or so and he lives in a house with other methusers and sometimes i get down on myself for not trying to stop him, but its like, its his choice you know, i try and respect my friends' decisions, but am i a bastard for not doing anything?

3. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Your friends gonna do what hes gonna do. But if you know hes gonna hurt himself, or he gets outta control(which it sounds like he is), then your an asshole for not doing anything. But if hes keeping it cool, then let him be

4. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I actually smoke a little meth here and there. Last night, for instance...
    As always, meth must be used in moderation. This is near impossible for most people though... I think it has something to do with the crash...

5. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

You get up there with the exhale of your 1st hit, thats why when you come down, Its so easy to smoke some more,and not be crashing hard but this time you gotta smoke more then when you did last time, then the next times you need more and more to get off.
    and like the above person said
    It needs to be in moderation, But with such a good buzz, its hard to resist

6. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

:eek: Yeah, I don't think I finished that post or somethin. Anyways, I've been on one since last night, or I was on one. I just eat nutrition bars and the come down is a nice smooth transition back to almost-sobriety. I say almost only because I haven't slept, can't sleep when the light comes out.
    It's gotta be the hardest drug I know of to not want to re-up you're high, it's never enough. And whats worse, you come down and think, hey, I did it, so I my as well do it again since I can. Thats another lesson wrapped up in experience... Bad ones.:mad:

7. Dallas-321

Dallas-321 Member

Take it from someone who threw away 3 years of their life on meth.

METH WILL RUIN YOU.

To the guy who is losing a freind to meth you need to at least talk to him. Dont come at him like your better because you dont do meth because that wont work. Ive lost many freinds to this bullshit and its quite frustrating to watch poeple you care for hurting themselves. The best you can do is point out the things that he probably doesnt see. For instance is he is hanging out with a totally different set of freinds than he used to. Things that he can rationalize and identify with are all he is going to listen to.

To anyone else that is just starting out on this long walk off a short peir. Think about it. There are many people who have beleived that they were going to be that 1-5% that didnt get addicted and 99-95% of those people found out the hard way. This includes myself. Are those the kind of odds you want to stake your life on?

.... steps off the soapbox

8. fallenangel

fallenangel Member

I think that a meth high is the best i've ever experienced. That scares the shit out of me tho b/c that makes it even harder to resist. I know so many ppl who do this on a daily basis, wasting away both physically & mentally, Will i eventually end up like that?

9. KBlaze

KBlaze Member

yeah wow. i see now my assholeery is obvious. well im hanging out with the guy on fri and ill see what i can do. thanks for the input everyone

10. serra

serra tentacle girl

responses that i expected! meth is a bad, bad thing. to the girl who said it's one of the best highs and that's why it scares you- it know what you mean! i've done it a few times and i always want to do more. it scares me because it's the only thing i've ever found myself fiending for! this is why i stay away....

to the guy who's friend is getting into it. that sucks a lot. i know you can't change what he wants to do with himself, but what you CAN do is remain a sturdy support for him. don't turn on him, because that will push him away. when i first got into "drugs" in high school, all my strait friends were "worried" about me, but they all stopped hanging out with me. bad move, because who KEPT hanging out with me? other stoners! and now look at me! (just kidding. just an example)
    but you should try and remain as a presence in your friend's life at least. don't tell him/her what to do, but just try and show that you are there for them.... just my opinion/advice, anyways.

and to the guy who got off meth: Good for you!! *hugs*

11. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Eh, I know this is probably not the best thread to be putting the following but I have to tell someone about this...

First off, I fucked up and smoked meth yesterday for the second time this month, damn... for this week actually. I should mention I didn't buy it though... you see, I was out walking around and I bumbed into one of my mom's freinds and he was like "Oh hey Mike! Man... Dude c'mon you've got to try this c'mon I'll give you a sample, Oh this shit is fuckin great just got finished..." Something about some new freind or whatever makeing it. So anyways, I wasn't really doing shit and we were right next to his house, so I was like "Alright". Dude... It didn't look special, it looked kinda off colored actually. But I did what I said I was gonna do and took a hit... At first I thought it was just same old average dope, but I noticed something hella crazy. The smoke literally fell to the floor. Not a slight, or even somewhat fast sinking like it normally does(I do get good dope when I indulge don't get me wrong), but that shit just dropped. litterally as if it weighed a pound or something. For somereason he let me finish the bowl to my head, well, actually it's cuz it was so strong and he had already had enough. anyways I smoked it and went home and ate because I fealt kinda twitchy and way overly tense. After I ate it was somewhat smoother for awhile until I apparently got a little dehydrated somehow. Anyways, that was yesterday at like 4:00pm. and im still fucking spun. Which doesn't exactly thrill me. I keep jerking towards sounds and shit, and im not hungry(I eat anyways though, learned habit). Im slightly paranoid about god knows what("Sometime's it feels like... somebody's watching meee") And my pupils are as big as an owls at midnight. Everyone can tell, my boss didn't even ask if I was going to work(This is acceptable behavior where im from...). Of course I could work quite easily right now, but I obviuosly look tense and paranoid. Eating isn't helping. Maybe I should go buy sleeping pills, but it's not really that this is that bad either. Fuck, look at that tangent! All I meant to say was this was some bomb shit. At least my song is downloaded.:)

So yeah, I've never smoked shit like this that dropped that fast and fealt this strong for so long with no clear sighn of diminishment.

That being said, Fuck Meth. Being all speeded up just makes you act and look sketchy. Weed never complicates thing's like this. No insights to be found here, just false promises and the fucked up tendency to make you emotional over stupid shit.

On the up though, I would like to mention I got a lotta songs downloaded last night.:rolleyes:

12. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

You know what? Man, FUCK THIS. Ima quit and rehabituate my habit to makeing MONEY. Dude, im still high and now rather irratated which is growing on itself and, oh yeah never mind fuck it. Im makeing an ass of myself. This is probably all directly related to the fact that I have no ciggarrettes. I would quit those, but im useing them as a crutch to help stay mostly sober. Yeah, besides this meth I haven't been doing much of anything lately... Time to cut back I guess.;)
    p.s. My apologies to for useing this post as a place to vent.

13. ~piscean]-[delusions

~piscean]-[delusions Member

hmm, meth... yea, I've had my run in with the stuff... another amazing substance in my opinon, but certainly not for everyone... I'm not tweeking right now, nor have I for a few months now, but I still think about it quite a bit and I would do it again, but then again I'll do anything when it's convenient to do and as long as it isn't getting in the way of what I need to take care of... it's the trucker's choice, hitler endorsed it and man does it burn but holy shit look at the productivity... until you burn yourself out from being awake for 72 hours straight or more. the brain needs a rest once in awhile... I believe every substance has the potential to be a valueable tool when not abused, but most people can't control themselves. I rely on inner strength because I refuse to let a substance consume me - I am the consumer, not the substance.

14. reef

reef Member

hrm... meth what a drug.
    my favorite drug i would dare say

though i have been clean for several months now, i still think about doing it. especially when you get the extremely pure stuff, that is the worst.

i would recommend you stay clear from it, but your gonna what your gonna do.

as with most people at first i found myself thinking myself responsible convincing myself i was doing good by using it only in moderation which soon became a joke. even though i only used it for a short time.. heh LOL

i already know i'm changed forever. but what are you gonna do?

15. firelip

firelip Member

Afterw watching dozens of friends get sucked down the meth rat hole, i can offer a few observations gleaned over the last 25 years.

We all know about the induce paranoid behaviour and violent tendancies. A surprise effect that we have observed over and over is the induced bipolar disorder that lasts for 6 months to 2 years after the user puts the drug down. Every regular meth usuer i have come across has increased the amplitude of their mood swings to the point of classic bipolar disorder. I think it has to do with the damage to the neurtransmitter receptors. in any event, they are left wacked for a hell of a long time after they quit. My advice for those with friends who are into meth. recognize that if they are heavy into the shit, that they are no longer your friends. Just get away and let them rot or crawl out of the hole they have dug for themselves. Some will make it out, but most will just use and hurt anyone foolish enough to care about them. They will be fine one day just to be a dangerously whacked the next. Fuck the speed demons! Frank Zappa said,"speed turns you into your grandparents" His generation learned the speed lesons the hard way, but did not hand down the wisdo to their children.

Jim

16. ~piscean]-[delusions

Jim, I have to agree with your input on the subject, fortunately I was always strong enough to not let myself be consumed by the substances I chose to consume, but I did notice the bipolar thing, I still notice it but it isn't nearly as irratic as it was. Still, I can't say I wouldn't do it again, but that's only because I don't get out of hand, I've had my initial experiments in excess and survived it quite well aside from the after effects. The pain of day to day reality makes it all the more subtle in comparison.

17. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i recently had to turn a friend down who called my house, said she wanted to hang out but soon i find out she is broke, being evicted and lost her car.

She has a meth problem and was only using her connection with me to try to find drugs, get a ride, and probly crash cuz she can no longer afford her meth habbit and pay her bills..............

18. reef

reef Member

i find it disenheartening when i can recognize meth for what it is, but yet still have the desire to use again.

it saddens me to think of all the wonderful, and i mean wonderful, explorations ive had with my friends and know that meth was involved.

19. Dallas-321

Dallas-321 Member

Very well said firelip.

20. ~piscean]-[delusions

I feel for everyone who loses control and hope that they'll figure it out for their wellbeing.