Metabolic typing, food combining, individual nutritional profile, etc

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Stabby, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Stabby

Stabby Member

This may to hard to... swallow (get it? get it?) for some but nutrition is a lot more complicated than dividing things into the "healthy" and "unhealthy" categories and only eating the "healthy" foods. Type, proportion and ratio, timing and combining of the food that you eat can be immensely beneficial. Knowing your nutritional profile and listening to your body, as well as getting actual scientific testing done can take your health and the effectiveness of your nutritional plan to new heights. Just like with anything else, the cookie cutter approaches are for the lazy and laziness begets mediocrity.

I myself am far more of a protein type than a carb type but I don't like to eat animal flesh more than once a day so beyond my usual whey, eggs and seeds I've added shredded coconut and coconut oil and I'm feeling much better and more energetic throughout the day, although some of that should be attributed to the coconut in itself. I've also replaced most grains with legumes like lentils and chickpeas and limited grains to only non-gluten ones.

As for food combining, I don't adhere to it as strictly as I used to because "poor" combinations can actually be beneficial, like if I've eaten a lot of carbs and want to slow their metabolism down. It's a delicate art to get as much of the nutrition from the food but maximize their metabolic impact simultaneously.

Oh also here's Sean Croxton talking about metabolic typing basics. I love his expressiveness and sincerity so I chose his video over more technical ones. People who want to get into nutritional typing will most likely read up on their own anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTwdjoirOWM&feature=rec-fresh+div-f-3-HM"]YouTube- What to Eat to Lose Weight