Message to young people about the draft

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Changeyourlatitude, May 23, 2004.

1. Changeyourlatitude

Changeyourlatitude Banned

Five years ago no one was talking about the draft, right? Now they are and you have to ask yourself what has changed? Nothing has changed, the reality was just suddenly pushed in front of Congress so they voted for war, and then voted for war again. Suddenly the attractiveness’ of military duty isn’t as attractive.

Had Congress been prepared for reality the military would already be larger and there would be no talk of draft, right?

So what have you learned so far? Congress waits to react and then takes drastic action.

How could you change your future knowing this FACT to keep the next drastic action from being your DRAFT NOTICE?

Force Congress to take action early to eliminate need for drastic action, organize with large numbers of people and tell them to get busy or you will fire them.

What do they need to get busy on?

The two things that could cause you to be drafted are Energy and Defense. You must push Congress to find energy away from the Middle East, be it oil, solar or hydrogen. Defense is the next priority and our homeland, not foreign will probably be the largest consumer. A National Civil Defense Corps need to be organized now for the upcoming small cell terror assaults that will require large numbers of personnel to defend against.

The only resource the government has to draw from now is Police and Military. Military is already thin. Local communities can hardly pay police for overtime on raised terror threats now. So, logic will demand the military fill the void if multiple small attacks occur. To fill need for Foreign Service the draft will be the Drastic Action to cure the sudden emergency.

So, organize and threaten with your votes for your representatives to organize the Civil Defense Corps. Many former military would gladly take positions in such a force along with unemployed persons. Such a force, once organized could be placed on “reserve status” to be called to duty when threat levels or actual threat exist. Get your schoolmates, family and friends to push the agenda for you. Because if you don’t it will be crisis management and you will be called on to fill the SUDDEN EMERGENCY!

Below is a site where you can officially send millions of letters to elected officials to get their ear. Don’t think about it…DO IT!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/

Changeyourlatitude

2. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Guess I should be glad to miss a few months of these crazy times when I go abroad this fall.

I don't mean to forever be the doubting Thomas, but aren't we a tad paranoid? The terrorists aren't that good, or they'd have bombed us alot more already.

3. Changeyourlatitude

Dude

If we make through the election without something going down then I'll join you. Think of how things go down in Congress. The Govenator wants the NG for the bridge and Rummy wants the NG for Iraq. Congress says fuck it we need more soldiers now, lets do the draft. If there was an inactive Civil force to be called to duty for bridge guard duty then no draft.

Remember the threat leading up to 9-11 was in the making for 40 or 50 years and the force was drawn down? Two wars back to back and they rely on the reserve. Guess what a lot of reserve will reconsider duty after Iraq.

I think we are more vulnerable to disruption of oil supply than an interior attack but go figure I couldn't have dreamed up 9-11. Think of the man and boy with a rifle in the DC area and do it all over America. Going to need a lot of security.

Changeyourlatitude

4. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Last time I checked, we had at least 100,000 reserves (minimum that is) waiting to be called up. Unless China invades us, I don't think a draft is likely.

5. Changeyourlatitude

You are correct! The US has a two war strategy and we have a rotation of troops out of Iraq to contend with. Should the terrorist attack multiple targets before election troops would have to be committed from the second war team and if the guys are guarding the Golden State bridge the dude in North Korea will show his ass. As soon as he did the draft!

Changeyourlatitude

6. trippymcnugget

trippymcnugget Member

Yea, no one's really talking about a draft. It was just brought up as a possibility by 2 congressmen.

And China invading us is a VERY unlikley thing to happen at this point in time.

7. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

To all you youngen's here,be afraid......very afraid,of the draft.Reinstating the draft is a very real possibility.100k in reserves?How many of that 100k are combat troops?Not everyone in uniform is a rated combatent.You have medical,personnel,finance,transportation,etc.I believe that this will happen.I hope it won't,but given the present status of our foreign affairs it is likely.For every troop in combat,there is around 15 to 18 personel in the rear as support troops.That takes a big chunk out of the 100k.I am being very realistic about this thru my own experience.Take care kids,I love you all and don't want any of you to come to ANY HARM.Peace

8. free-outlaw

free-outlaw Member

let them bring back the draft cards, ive got my lighter ready and waiting!!!

9. Maverick

Maverick Banned

I'm asthmatic, they can't take me. In the emergency that they need the draft(which they won't) they can't take me. This is just liberal media trying to scare people. Wheee...

10. thespeez

thespeez Member

I agree with those about the possibility of a draft. For those interested in more information, I highly recommend checking out this site:
    http://www.draftresistance.org