Message from an Iranian

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by ginalee14, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jeff Doe

Jeff Doe Member

I think the intent of this beautiful message is in these two lines. IMO, this poem tries to get us to walk in each others shoes. I think it does a good job.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Where did that idea come from?

3. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Feminists maybe, who knows. I call it scar-casm. Sticks & stones may break my bones but words will mangle me forever!

4. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I thought it went.. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Iranians will never hurt me..? I could be wrong though...

Ironically people in that part of the world fought with sticks and stones until America started arming them...

5. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Well Hello, lunaverse and Good Evening to you

Americans fight the endless battle of wits via the strongest and most deadly weapon in the world, the tongue. Same tool can heal and cure, sure wish humanity would take the initiative to begin excelling. But no, scientists pack information in a pill and make ya swallow .. which makes no sense.

6. Aerianne

I've never really felt assaulted by sarcasm.

Sarcasm - Merriam-Webster Online
    www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm‎
    Merriam‑Webster
    the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny ...

7. lunarverse

The tongue can be deadly... But hey, how about that hydrogen bomb...

8. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

If you have never felt assaulted by a language that is intended to insult you...

then you have super-powers! Super-powers are great and wonderful, I'm a fan of super-powers but not scar-casm.

9. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Anything that kills must be worshiped? The anagram of violence is nice love. The anagram of violent is not evil. Who da bomb? I dunno, call some American high school and ask.

Edit: do people still talk that way? You da bomb, she da bomb.. no? I don't know.

10. Aerianne

Words intended to hurt, maybe in the moment, but it's not usually just from something as benign as I feel sarcasm is.

11. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

It's a common language and is socially acceptable. Verbal violence is normalized. I'm sure you're the majority and more people see it the way you do. I don't mind being the minority, not a bit. :)

12. Aerianne

I don't condone hate speech toward anyone but a little sarcasm usually rolls right off.

13. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

No doubt, sarcasm is an eternal language. I just won't ever see it as being completely harmless because I know that it isn't. But, I'm somebody who used to never swear. At all. When I gave birth I cried out "goodness gracious" and was mocked by nurses and others. They taught me something that day.

14. Jeff Doe

Jeff Doe Member

15. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

” Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-soul people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded.” ~Fyodor Dostoevsky

16. lunarverse

Keep in mind of course that sarcasm meant something very different in Dostoevsky's time. Hell, James Dean was given shit for wearing t-shirts (and not suits). Now a standard and accepted article of clothing.

17. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I suppose maybe that's where it came from then, "sarcasm is the language of violence". I myself am not the source of those words but when I read it for the first time (and I don't remember where), I completely agreed.

For one's soul to be so invaded is injustice, which is why Justice is the ultimate healing and peace. I think so, anyway. Another thing I've heard and entirely agree with is "no justice, no peace".

They say silence is golden but I don't agree with that, either. I think silence can be another form of violence. The LOUDEST thing I have ever, ever heard is silence and for me, it is skull cracking. I just don't like it.

Everything has its right time and place, I suppose.

18. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Love this quote....perfect! :)

19. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Charity doesn't have it's right time and place. That's the third pillar of Islam.

20. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity