Mescaline - how it compares and how to prepare for the trip

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by walsh, Mar 20, 2012.

1. walsh

walsh Senior Member

My San Pedro is almost mature and I'm going to prepare a brew soon.

What I want to know is if the way you approach the mescaline journey differs from psilocybin or LSD. I usually get periods of intense darkness and anguish on psychedlics. I don't see this as a bad thing, as it is a part of my overcoming and is a necessary part of the journey however it sometimes gets out of control making set and setting very important. Does this happen often on mescaline?

Also looking for the best way to prepare the cactus, as I have found a wider variety of opinions. Is blending the whole thing and boiling it for 4 hours then consuming it as tea generally the best way?

2. Trip Shmip

Trip Shmip Guest

I have only done both once, but in my experience I've found that LSD REQUIRES a set and setting unless people who can take it to walk their dogs in the morning just for the heck of it. On Mescaline, it was very different... I've heard it been called a Vacation Drug' and except Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas where they would go nuts, I saw people laying down throughout the trip and always forgot to notice that until the drug hit me. Its a very soothing way to relax with nature, its way more easy to close your eyes and just lay down and listen to music for hours.. On LSD I felt like I'm in a very hightened virtual reality where everything from colours to your emotions echoes in a rough way where on Mescaline its more of a dream state which is easier to handle but then again i guess its more appropriate for the specific person who takes it to determine

3. Perilless

Perilless Member

I've had very introspective and difficult mescaline trips before, but I always found them the most valuable. The way I approach preparation for a mescaline experience doesnt really differ from any other.
    Not eating for 6 hours beforehand, making sure you're in a warm and familiar environment and have no responsibilities for at leat 24 hours etc.....the usual.

If at all possible I do like to make sure I have access to a natural place for some or all of the trip, as I find the best thing about mescaline is the feeling of a connection with gaia/nature/earth that it instills in me.

Another thing you might want to consider are methods to prevent nausea / vomiting. A lot of people use Ginger in some form, though I never have. Its never been a big issue for me, I only get mild nausea for about an hour until the trip kicks in, but I think it effects some people more than others.

As for the preparation method, I've only ever worked with dried material, not fresh. However I think you dont want to be consuming any more of the plant material than you have to, so straining out the solids after you've boiled would make sense. With dried material, I just shred it finely, then carry out about 3 boilings....and throw the plant material away.
    Describing it as tea is a little far fetched...its more like a sludgy green slime that smells like the devil has a bad case of diarrhea.....but once its down it usually stay down.
    Happy journeying, let us know how it goes :)

4. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Thanks. Yes I was intending to strain the plant material and drink the liquid sludge.

My cactus kinda looks like this maybe a little bigger (not my pic):

[​IMG]

Would this be enough for a decent trip?