Mental Health, Music & Masterpieces

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Pua Mana 'Ohana, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

~ Mental Health, Music & Masterpieces ~

This Forum is being conducted by Dr. Kerry Huaka'i Emerson of Pua Mana 'Ohana via our 'Ohana = Family profile here on The Hip Forums & does not necessarily reflect the opinions of all members of Pua Mana 'Ohana though we fully support him in his most excellent eccentricities & appriciate him Greatly representing for us.

~ Mahalo nui loa = Thank you very much ~

20170906_135747.jpg

It's time for yet another talk about mental health sponsored by The Hip Forums, Medical Marijuana, Wellbutrin wakness, Prozac poison & viewers like you.

Our society has reached a precipice & stands in Great danger of having future generation of Great American children captured & led off a crazy cliff by the pied Pfizer piper for profit.

Here is a quote about my cousin The Great Ralph Waldo Emerson, found online that illustrates our current generations sick obsession with diagnosing every person past, present & future with a mental illness:

"Emerson was believed to have suffered bipolar disorder in his life. He suffered depression when his wife died. He exhibited the depression in the form of many disagreements with the beliefs and policies of the Boston's Second Church."

amazing-every-word.jpg
    "Amazing. Every word you just said is wrong" ~ Dr. Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker

"Emerson was believed to have suffered bipolar disorder in his life. He suffered depression when his wife died." ~ some nobody wannabe internet psychologist

Well almost every word is wrong:

You got the "suffered depression when his wife died" part right -- though you are awarded no points, as even Al Bundy would be devastated & depressed if Peg Bundy passed away!

T0690g.jpg

Who would not cook dinner for Al & his children Kelly & Bud Bundy??

"Keep it real because I'm hungry like the Bundy's" ~ Artifacts

Next...

"He exhibited the depression in the form of many disagreements with the beliefs and policies of the Boston's Second Church."

Disagreement is a diagnostic tool for mental illness now too?

Maui Wowie...what a travesty!!

These fake doctors are out of control!?!

From control to troll con
    that is precisely what they are on
    Trolls perpetuating the modern day pharmacology psychology con upon the Geniuses of the past, as they destroy the Geniuses of tommorrow with their ill pills today.

Ralph Waldo Emerson's full articulate argument to Boston's Second Church about the practice of the sacrament of communion can be read here:

The Lord's Supper by Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson is considered to be one of the Greatest American writers in history.

An ironic side note on quotes & history:

This quote shows how The Great Ralph Waldo Emerson felt about quotes:

"I hate quotations -- tell me what you know" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

God truly does have the best & most infallible sense of humor -- as Ralph Waldo Emerson goes on to become one of the most quoted humans ever to put a pen to the page.

Are there any other old school movers, shakers & Makers of Masterpieces who are currently being diagnosed with mental illness by our generation, as opposed to being appreciated for their crucial contributions to the society we enjoy today?

Beethoven, Tchaikovsky & Mozart, "oh my"

The list goes on, sprinkled with a complimentary cherry on top in the form of an audacious accusation of Autism cast upon Michelangelo due to his ability to focus while creating a masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel:

30065801.jpg

Sombody get these folks some pharmaceutical medications before they contribute another work of art for the people of tomorrow to enjoy!

Are we spending too much time nitpicking, labeling & hating rather than congratulating??

I am not writing today just to complain, there are many solutions flowing & floating around inside this insane brain...

Speaking of Maui Wowie -- we have a plant that can & has helped humanity for over 10,000 years...

FB_IMG_1527223754711.jpg

Oops...someone made it illegal?!?

Speaking of Geniuses...

I was very lucky to grow up (though growing up may not be the most accurate term for my development) during the time when Hip Hop music was born in America.

In the Hip Hop community being labeled "Mentally Ill" is one of the highest compliments to bestow upon an M.C.

For this forum we will be diving off the deep end while we explore the wonderful aquatic world of mental illness & shatter the stigmas surrounding mental illness -- setting ourselves free to make masterpieces...

Please feel free to share your own personal stories of Mental Illness, Music & Masterpieces...

~ Mahalo = Thank you ~

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Parental-advisory-explicit-lyrics.jpg

The ability to "Flow" is a cherished quality in the Hip Hop community as is being "Mentally Ill"

~Logorrhea Love Fest 2018~

This article is about the psychological term.

For the linguistic and stylistic term, see Logorrhoea (rhetoric).

"In psychology, logorrhea or logorrhoea (from Ancient Greek λόγος logos "word" and ῥέω rheo "to flow") is a communication disorderthat causes excessive wordiness and repetitiveness, which can sometimes lead to incoherency. Logorrhea is sometimes classified as a mental illness, though it is more commonly classified as a symptom of mental illness or brain injury." ~ Wik Wik Wak-apedia

"Insane in the Brain" by Cypress Hill

"Scream" by Janet & Michael Jackson

"Shimmy Shimmy Ya" ~ Ol' Dirty Bastard

"Your not crazy" ~ One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Keysey

"Time to get ill" ~ The Beastie Boys

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  3. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Surgeon_General's_warning_cigarettes.jpg

And now a commercial from a pharmaceutical company:

Chantix Side Effects Center
    Table of Contents
    agonistselective for a4ß2 nicotinic acetylcholinereceptor subtypes used for cessation of smoking. Common side effects of Chantix include

Chantix is not addictive and is not a controlled substance; however, some patients may experience irritability and sleep disturbance if Chantix is abruptly discontinued. Patients may experience psychiatric symptoms such as behavioral changes, agitation, depressed mood, and suicidal behavior while using Chantix. Tell your doctor if you have serious side effects of Chantix including

• burning feeling in feet/toes, or
    • unusual pain in the legs when walking.

"The recommended dose of Chantix is 0.5 mg daily for 3 days followed by 0.5 mg twice daily for 4 days, then 1 mg twice daily for the remainder of the treatment period. Duration of therapy is 12 weeks. If treatment is successful, continue for an additional 12 weeks in order increase the chance of long-term abstinence. There are no adequate studies in pregnant women and it is not known whether Chantix is excreted in breast milk.

Our Chantix (varenicline) Side Effects Drug Center provides a comprehensive view of available drug information on the potential side effects when taking this medication
    ." ~ Chantix

"Chant down Babylon
    " ~ Bob Marley

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  4. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

5. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

What if Cannabis Companies were allowed to have commercials like pharmaceutical companies:

The world would be a happier & healthier place...:kissingheart:

#LegalizeIt

#ReLegalizeIt

#HealingoftheNations

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  6. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Medical Marijuana and Mental Health: Cannabis Use in Psychiatric Practice
    May 31, 2017

"Psychiatrists and other behavioral health professionals need to better understand the relationship between cannabis and mental disorders so that they can respond to increasing medical and recreational marijuana use among their patients. More than half of states now allow for medical use, and 8 states and the District of Columbia have legalized adult personal or recreational use.

Knowledge about herbal cannabis, the endocannabinoid system, and cannabinoid pharmacology is rapidly expanding. However, compared with the literature on non-medical cannabis use, the scientific literature on therapeutic use of cannabis is underdeveloped, as noted in a recent systematic review of medical cannabis and mental health.1 Although herbal cannabis has a long history of medicinal use, its federal prohibition under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 with Drug Enforcement Administration Schedule I status has focused the federally supported cannabis research agenda for half a century on the potential harms rather than on the historically acknowledged therapeutic benefits of this complex plant.

Medicinal potential of cannabis

For the sake of this discussion, herbal cannabis refers to plant material derived from the flowering tops of Cannabis indica, sativa, or ruderalis biotypes. Indica, sativa, and indica-sativa hybrid strains are commonly available on the medicinal cannabis market.

Herbal cannabis is biochemically rich in a variety of compounds, both psychoactive and non-psychoactive. It has been reported that there are 483 compounds unique to marijuana, including more than 60 cannabinoids and some 140 terpenes. The phytocannabinoid that produces much of the psychoactive effect is delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, there is increasing interest in another constituent, cannabidiol (CBD), which is not considered psychoactive but appears to have therapeutic value for a wide variety of conditions, either alone or in combination with THC.

Although federal policy has disallowed access to cannabis even for medicinal use since the passage of the Controlled Substances Act, THC was approved in a synthetically manufactured formulation in 1985 as an oral medication indicated for nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy. Originally a Schedule II medication, molecular THC was later reclassified under Schedule III, which indicates lower abuse potential. From the late 1970s into the early 1990s, a few patients gained access to herbal cannabis through the federal Investigational New Drug program, but no new patients were enrolled after 1992.

It is ironic that currently in the US the non-psychoactive compound CBD is generally accessible for medicinal use only in the form of federally prohibited herbal cannabis products available under state medical marijuana laws. Grant and colleagues2 have summarized succinctly a point made by many others: “Based on evidence currently available the Schedule 1 classification is not tenable; it is not accurate that cannabis has no medical value, or that information on safety is lacking.” Interestingly, the US government has held a patent on substituted CBD derivatives as antioxidants and neuroprotectants for nearly 2 decades.

Perceived benefits of medical cannabis

Regardless of the legal status of cannabis, many patients with psychiatric disorders use cannabis and report improvement in their symptoms. Patients use cannabis for symptoms of PTSD, anxiety disorders, depression, ADHD, bipolar disorder, chronic pain, insomnia, opiate dependence, and even schizophrenia. In addition, patients use cannabis for neurological conditions such as the spasticity of multiple sclerosis, agitation in dementia, and specific seizure disorders that are unresponsive to standard therapies. Patients also use cannabis to reduce the nausea and anorexia of cancer chemotherapies and to improve their mood and outlook—frequently with their oncologist’s approval.

With the advent of state medical cannabis laws beginning with California in 1996, medical cannabis has become commercially available in many states as herbal material that may be smoked or vaporized, as well as consumed in a wide variety of other preparations (Table). In addition to the various formulations available through state-based programs, pharmaceutical-grade whole herbal cannabis extracts have been under development during the past 2 decades. The first product to gain approval for medical use was Sativex, a whole herbal extract standardized to a THC:CBD ratio of 1:1 and administered as a sublingual spray. Sativex was approved in Canada for use in multiple sclerosis in 2005 and chronic cancer pain in 2006, and has been approved for medical use in at least 2 dozen countries, although it is not FDA approved. More recently, a liquid formulation of pure plant-derived CBD (Epidiolex) has been undergoing trials as an anticonvulsant for seizures refractory to other available treatments..."

Read full article here:

Medical Marijuana and Mental Health: Cannabis Use in Psychiatric Practice

"White Rabbit" ~ Jefferson Airplane

"Free your head" ~ Janis Joplin

brody-just-say-know2.jpg

An All American Love Story: Starring President Donald J. Trump

"Just say know" ~ Leafly

Learn mo' about Hawaiian Pakalōlō, Medical Marijuana & the re-legalization of Cannabis sweeping the Nations from our 'Ohana = Family at Leafly here:

Leafly

Leafly Puna Buddaz listing

Leafly Kaua'i Electric listing

19.39.Cover-Don-Shearer-Windward-Aviation-medical-marijuana-courtesy-shot.jpg

#HealingoftheNations

7. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now a #Word from our sponsors in The Matrix:

And another pharmaceutical drug commercial for those of you who would like to stay sleepy in The Matrix:

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" ~ The Wizard of Oz

8. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

If one was to judge the artist of the following lyric perhaps any up & coming psychologists could diagnose our Bradda Bill Withers with Bi-Polar Manic Depression as he says:

"Lean on me, when you're not strong
    And I'll be your friend
    I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long
    'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on"

What does he mean you can lean on him but it won't be long until he needs someome to lean on?

Is he bi-polar??

I heard bi-polar is bad I also heard that everyone is bi-polar I am so scared medicate me before I go bi-polar too

We could dissect the lyrics of this musical masterpiece & diagnose the artist with multiple mental illnesses until Ken Keysey's cows come home...or we could just enjoy the magnificent music the artist left humanity as a gift from his glowing soul:

"Hmm hmm hmm hmm
    Hmm hmm hmm hmm
    Hmm hmm hmm hmm

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
    We all have sorrow
    But if we are wise
    We know that there's always tomorrow

[Hook]
    Lean on me, when you're not strong
    And I'll be your friend
    I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long
    'Til I'm gonna need
    Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
    If I have things you need to borrow
    For no one can fill those of your needs
    That you won't let show

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
    We all need somebody to lean on
    I just might have a problem that you'd understand

Lean on me, when you're not strong
    And I'll be your friend
    I'll help you carry on
    For it won't be long
    'Til I'm gonna need
    Somebody to lean on

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
    I just might have a problem that you'd understand

If there is a load you have to bear
    That you can't carry

I'm right up the road
    I'll share your load
    If you just call me

Call me, if you need a friend
    Call me, oh baby now
    Call me ...
    yeah ever need me
    Call me, call me
    Call me, call me
    Call me, call me
    Call me, call me
    Call me, call me
    Call me, call me
    Call me, call me
    Call me, call me
    Call me"
    ~ Lean on Me by Bill Withers

9. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

"Better recognize your brothers
    Ev'ryone you meet
    " ~ John Lennon ~ We All Shine On

"Instant Karma's gonna get you
    Gonna knock you right on the head
    You better get yourself together
    Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
    What in the world you thinking of
    Laughing in the face of love
    What on earth you tryin' to do
    It's up to you, yeah you
    Instant Karma's gonna get you
    Gonna look you right in the face
    Better get yourself together darlin'
    Join the human race
    How in the world you gonna see
    Laughin' at fools like me
    Who in the hell d'you think you are
    A super star
    Well, right you are
    Well we all shine on
    Like the moon and the stars and the sun
    Well we all shine on
    Ev'ryone come on
    Instant Karma's gonna get you
    Gonna knock you off your feet
    Better recognize your brothers
    Ev'ryone you meet
    Why in the world are we here
    Surely not to live in pain and fear
    Why on earth are you there
    When you're ev'rywhere
    Come and get your share
    Well we all shine on
    Yeah we all shine on
    Come on and on and on on on
    Yeah yeah, alright, uh huh, ah
    Well we all shine on
    Yeah we all shine on
    On and on and on on and on
    Well we all shine on
    Well we all shine on
    Well we all shine on
    Yeah we all shine on
    Like the moon and the stars and the sun"

Songwriters: John Lennon
    Instant Karma (We All Shine On) lyrics © Downtown Music Publishing

Speaking of mentally ill the above music video features Yoko Ono crocheting with knitting needles while wearing a blind fold!?!

This may just be the most epically ill moment in music video history?!?

Q: Who knits a stylistic sweater on the set of a music video while wearing a blind fold?

A: Yoko Ono
    lennon_3.jpg

:kissingheart:
    #PeaceOnEarth
    #GodBlessAmerica
    #HealingoftheNations

10. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

"Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono O Hawai`i
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono O Hawai`i

(Spoken)
    I feel free now, you know?
    I was just confined like, you know?

My Mom was born on Ni`ihau.
    My Dad was born here
    My Dad, he was a...he worked for the Navy. Down at PWCA Public Works.
    Down Pearl Harbor

Oh my mother was tight ah...was tight. My Poppa was tight ah My Poppa died when he--when I was 10 I think...I was 10 years old. But every once in a while, he come Back you know. ...I trip..... Just like couple of weeks ago I was sleeping my place, and then my mother and auntie Nina came...

How would they feel?
    Would their smiles be content rather then cry?
    Cry for the gods
    Cry for the people
    Cry for the land that was taken away
    And then yet you'll find Hawai`i

(Spoken)
    He loved music brah
    He had a massive heart attack

The way that--just depression brah. He was real depressed
    I was on the same course he was going
    And he knew that too. And that's why he came back
    And tell me that "eh"--'cause he DID come back and told me that
    "Eh, 'cause, you know, no be scared. There's people here for
    Help you brah". It's kinda like telling me, if he
    Had them...he would still be here. I still believe if he had called me
    He'd be alive
    ...'Cause he died of a broken heart brah

How would he feel?
    Would his smiles be content rather then cry?
    Cry for the gods
    Cry for the people
    Cry for the land that was taken away
    And then yet you'll find Hawai'i

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono O Hawai`i"
    ~ Israel Ka’ano’i Kamakawiwo’ole

Israel Ka’ano’i Kamakawiwo’ole Biography Link

11. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Did you know music releases the neurotransmitter dopamine sending signals of pleasure to your brain?

"Don't worry be happy"

Enjoy this music video by the legendary Bobby McFerrin featuring the late Great Robin Williams & when your are done jammin' check out the link below for an awesome article about How Music Therapy Can Relieve Depression:

"Here's a little song I wrote
    You might want to sing it note for note
    Don't worry, be happy
    In every life we have some trouble
    But when you worry you make it double
    Don't worry, be happy
    Don't worry, be happy now
    don't worry
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry
    Ain't got no place to lay your head
    Somebody came and took your bed
    Don't worry, be happy
    The landlord say your rent is late
    He may have to litigate
    Don't worry, be happy
    Oh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh don't worry, be happy
    Here I give you my phone number, when you worry, call me, I make you happy, don't worry, be happy)
    Don't worry, be happy
    Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
    Ain't got no gal to make you smile
    Don't worry, be happy
    'Cause when you worry your face will frown
    And that will bring everybody down
    So don't worry, be happy
    Don't worry, be happy now
    Now there, is this song I wrote
    I hope you learned note for note
    Like good little children, don't worry, be happy
    Now listen to what I said, in your life expect some trouble
    When you worry you make it double
    But don't worry, be happy, be happy now
    don't worry
    don't worry
    don't worry, don't worry
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, don't do it, be happy
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) put a smile in your face
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't bring everybody down like this
    don't worry
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) it will soon pass, whatever it is
    (Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) I'm not worried, I'm happy"

Songwriters: Robert Jr. McFerrin
    Don't Worry Be Happy lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

How Music Therapy Can Relieve Depression

12. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Our Bradda from Big Island the late Great Terrence Mckenna teaches us about healing our sick modern society during this mind-expanding multi-media experience:

Check out this Ted Talks seminar by our Sista Rosalind Watts about combating depression with Magic Mushrooms:

6161KKhcS8L._US500_.jpg

"The hour is late...
    the clock is ticking...
    We will be judged very harshly if we fumble the ball..."
    ~ Terrence Mckenna

IMG_20180129_111747_310.jpg
    It flowed down the center of the main street. On each side of the river grew a tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, with a fresh crop each month. The leaves were used for medicine to heal the nations. -- Revelation 22:2

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  13. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

The Bad News:

You have just been diagnosed with a mental illness by a punk pill pushing psychologists with a matching Pfizer pen & prescription pad.

The Good News:

Life Goes On

"Life Goes On" by Pigeon John & Abstract Rude

#RealDreads #RealHipHop #RealMedicine

[Verse 1: Pigeon John]
    It goes
    One for the money
    Two for the show
    Three for my minions who got in the back door
    Four for the honey dips
    Five for my bros
    And death as my breath kept in and no flow
    And it's so slow
    You see my life don't grow
    And my raps only collect daft so-so
    It feels every word that I write steals my fate
    Losin every single one of my friends today
    And its the weight in my mind
    A continual war chyme in my head yellin that the past ain't dead
    But it's alive to well with many stories to tell
    Exiting one cell only to a new jail
    Destined to fail it seems
    And my positivity is trapped in dreams
    But I gotta let it shine to affect my team
    I can't go back, gotta press on back
    Yo

[Hook]
    Life goes on
    No matter if your life is tattered
    And you can't fix what went wrong
    Life goes on
    Your battered and your life is scattered
    You're a hook in your own theme song
    Life goes on
    You're a fighter but the grip is tighter
    And you know that you can't stand long
    Life goes on
    Boy it's gonna get brighter
    Life goes on
    Girl it's gonna get brighter
    Life goes on

[Verse 2: Abstract Rude]
    If ever you're hungry, (you) should never feel lonely
    If god is with you
    If I go know that I will make a return
    Give me frankincense myrrh, his ashes in the urn
    But learn life goes on
    Chant the psalm, sing solomon songs
    All of them troubles be gone
    We life on with this
    I'm sick as rhyme kickin consciousness
    And time's slippin, that's why I'm takin risks
    It's us prosecuted without cause
    The long arm always chases an outlaw
    Who did nothing to noone
    They just don't understand who he is (is) where he comes from
    But I know
    When you're playin their game
    Stuck on this airplane
    You'll always be fair game
    Survival
    You're liable to go nuts, but still gotta hold up
    I know it gets though, believe Life Goes On

[Hook]

Scratching
    *The truth is told, the youth can grow*
    *Live for life and love livin for kicks*
    *The truth is told, the youth can grow*
    *break bread at the table of life and live truthfully*
    *the truth is told, the youth can grow*
    *Live for lifeand love livin for kicks*
    *the truth is told, the youth can grow*

[Hook]

Humming to fade out...

Plus you can always get a second opinion from a health care professional like myself who will tell you mental health is just like physical health -- therefore one who is sick can be healed.

Mental Health is really brain chemistry.

If you are have imbalances they will manifest in illness.

~ Balance is the key to Mental Health ~

Speaking of the flow...

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
    ~ The Late Great Jeet Kun Do Master Bruce Lee

soulcompromise likes this.
  14. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now a Public Service Announcement:

"Hemp Hemp Hooray Re-legalize Today" ~ Total Devastation

Abstract Tribe Unique:

~ The Renaissance ~

15. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

And now a Public Service Announcement from legendary comedic genius Dr. Dave Chappelle:

"The worst thing you could call someone is crazy...it's dismissive...I don't understand this person so they are crazy.

That's bullshit...they are strong people...maybe their environment is a little sick"
    ~ Dr. Dave Chappelle

"Laughter is the best medicine" is a quote attributed to the wisdom of King Solomon in Proverbs 17 "a merry heart is like medicine".

Laughter therapy
    “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – E. E. Cummings

What is laughter therapy?
    We were born with the gift of laughter. Laughter is a natural medicine. It lifts our spirits and makes us feel happy. Laughter is a contagious emotion. It can bring people together. It can help us feel more alive and empowered.

Laughter therapy, also called humor therapy, is the use of humor to promote overall health and wellness. It aims to use the natural physiological process of laughter to help relieve physical or emotional stresses or discomfort.

Research supporting laughter therapy
    A growing body of research supports the theory that laughter may have therapeutic value.

For years, the use of humor has been used in medicine. Surgeons used humor to distract patients from pain as early as the 13th century. Later, in the 20th century, came the scientific study of the effect of humor on physical wellness. Many credit this to Norman Cousins. After years of prolonged pain from a serious illness, Cousins claims to have cured himself with a self-invented regimen of laughter and vitamins. In his 1979 book Anatomy of an Illness, Cousins describes how watching comedic movies helped him recover.

Over the years, researchers have conducted studies to explore the impact of laughter on health. After evaluating participants before and after a humorous event (i.e., a comedy video), studies have revealed that episodes of laughter helped to reduce pain, decrease stress-related hormones and boost the immune system in participants.

Today more than ever before, people are turning to humor for therapy and healing. Medical journals have acknowledged that laughter therapy can help improve quality of life for patients with chronic illnesses. Many hospitals now offer laughter therapy programs as a complementary treatment to illness.

The healing power of laughter
    For people living with cancer, it may seem strange to find humor when facing such serious issues. Yet, laughter may be helpful in ways you may not have realized or imagined.

Laughter may help you feel better about yourself and the world around you. Laughter may be a natural diversion. When you laugh, no other thought comes to mind. Laughing may also induce physical changes in the body. After laughing for only a few minutes, you may feel better for hours.

When used in addition to conventional cancer treatments, laughter therapy may help in the overall healing process.

According to some studies, laughter therapy may provide physical benefits, such as helping to:

• Enhance oxygen intake
    • Stimulate the heart and lungs
    • Relax muscles throughout the body
    • Trigger the release of endorphins (the body’s natural painkillers)
    • Ease digestion/soothe stomach aches
    • Relieve pain
    • Balance blood pressure
    • Improve mental functions (i.e., alertness, memory, creativity)
    Laughter therapy may also help to:

• Improve overall attitude
    • Reduce stress/tension
    • Promote relaxation
    • Improve sleep
    • Enhance quality of life
    • Strengthen social bonds and relationships
    • Produce a general sense of well-being
    Laughter therapy at CTCA
    At Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), we fight cancer using an integrative approach. Our Mind-Body Medicine Department offers supportive options, including laughter therapy, to help you cope as you receive conventional cancer treatments.

Laughter therapy strives to help you use and enjoy laughter as a tool for healing. Dr. Katherine Puckett, Chief of the Division of Mind-Body Medicine at CTCA®, first introduced laughter therapy at our Illinois hospital upon a patient's request.

CTCA offers humor therapy sessions, also known as Laughter Clubs or humor groups, to help cancer patients and their families use and enjoy laughter as a tool for healing. These leader-led groups take patients through a number of laugh-related exercises, including fake laughter and laughter greetings.

Laughter Club is based not on humor or jokes, but rather on laughter as a physical exercise. One group laughter exercise involves patients standing in a circle, with the leader in the middle. Patients put their fingertips on their cheekbones, chest or lower abdomen and make “ha ha” or “hee hee” sounds until they feel vibrations through their bodies. Dr. Puckett says that, during these exercises, it is hard for people not to join in because laughter is so contagious.

According to Dr. Puckett, at the end of a laughter therapy session, patients have said things like "I didn't even think about cancer during Laughter Club" and "That felt great! Things have been so hard that we hadn't laughed in months." Dr. Puckett adds that the 8-year-old daughter of a CTCA patient who attended Laughter Club said afterwards: "I never thought about laughing every day, but now I realize I can. Like even when I don't feel happy, I can still laugh and feel better
    ." ~ Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Here is a link to the full article by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America:

Laughter Therapy

Speaking of laughter therapy & our Bradda Dr. Dave Chappelle:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  16. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

In the song "Like a Bird" by our 45th President Donald J. Trump's tremendously talented daughter Tiffany Trump, her lyrics are a deep reflection shining off the surface of the shallow pool of popularity -- calling out the hippocracy of Hollywood, as she seeks balance & serenity:

"Everybody's partying
    Obsessing over crazy things
    I just want serenity while living it up"
    ~ Tiffany Ariana Trump

"[Bridge: Tiffany Trump]
    Diamonds are so shiny
    Special things I got on me
    You know what you say
    Baby, baby don't you go
    Everybody's partying
    Obessin' over crazy things
    I just want serenity
    While living it up

[Pre-Hook: Sprite]
    Every time you're loving me
    You're something that I'm fallin' for
    You know what to say, baby-baby, don't you go
    I know what you're feelin' baby
    You know what I wanted
    If you feel the beat then you're living it up

[Verse 1: Tiffany Trump]
    Feel like I spot a bug crawlin' through the liquid love
    You kill and you tweeted me, baby you go beep-beep-beep
    Everybody's partying
    Obessin' over crazy things
    I just want serenity
    While living it up

[Hook: Sprite + (Logic)]
    Like a bird, like a bird, like a bird, like a bird
    (We flied away)
    (See those sunny days)
    (So how can I?)
    (Did you escape me)
    (High, high)
    (I wanna fly away with you)
    (Take me away)

[Verse 2: Logic]
    Fly like a bird
    She's on the verge
    Of flying away
    So I gather my nerves
    Try to sing the right words
    Maybe we can live yesterday, today (so far away)
    Everybody's partying
    Got a feeling fiending for finer things
    Designer jeans behind the scenes
    Kinda like that drama that Madonna brings
    Plan my escape in the drop top Cobra
    No spoiler, we living it up
    Shine like aluminum foil in the club
    The moon and the stars ain't got nothin' on us

[Outro]
    Fly
    (Fly away)
    Fly, fly
    (So far away)
    Fly, fly..."

Some of humanity's Greatest Spiritual Teachers extoll the virtues of finding a balance between the material & the spiritual.

In her song "Paranoia" she once again confronts the stigma of mental illness with style & finesse attempting to set the listener free:

Paranoia!!!!!!!!! by Tiffany Trump & Spr!te

"P-A-R-A-N-O-I-A
    This Is Paranoia
    This is Paranoia
    Dreams , Dreams ,
    Runaway Dreams
    Together we can make it.
    Through the lies , cut ties & magazines & Realitys.

Changes are made as we correct our souls and energys we gather our Keys.

(We Gather ah Keys)

Packing & unpacking we play Hide & Seek with light - Truth be Told

T-T-T TONIGHt is gonna be the Night
    I'll Give it to you
    A-A-A I'll Shatter my Soul

Paranoia Paranoia
    Its all around me & i just want to be Alone AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ALONE!!!
    P-A-R-A-N-O-I-A

This Is Paranoia This is Paranoia

RUN! RUN!
    HERE THEY COME!
    Together we BREAK FREE!
    Through the lies , cut ties & magazines & Realitys.

Changes are made as we correct our souls and energys we gather our Keys.

(We Gather ah Keys)

Packing & unpacking we play
    Hide & Seek with light - Truth be Told
    T-T-T TONIGHt is gonna be the Night
    I'll Give it to you
    A-A-A I'll Shatter my Soul

Paranoia Paranoia Its all around me & i just want to be Alone!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ALONE!!!

Paranoia Paranoia Its all around me & i just want to be Alone AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ALONE!!!"
    ~ Tiffany Ariana Trump

7 Amazing Lyrics from Tiffany Trump's Pop Song: "Like a Bird"

Though the mainstream media has attempted to discredit & portray President Trump as "crazy" if you do some research you will see that talent & intelligence runs in his Family:

President Trump's Uncle John G. Trump was a top Professor of Electrical Engineering at M.I.T.

"Professor Trump was involved in radar research for the Allies in the Second World War, and in 1943 the F.B.I. had enough faith in his technical ability and his discretion to call him in when Nikola Tesla died in his room at the New Yorker Hotel, in Manhattan." ~ The New Yorker

It was the late Great Professor John Trump who the F.B.I. called to decipher the works of the late Great Nikola Tesla.

Aloha Trump 'Ohana!

Thank you for your service to this Great Country We Love!!

God Bless the entire Trump Family eternally, The United States of America and The Planet Earth!!!

17. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

Speaking of breaking free from fake news views & the stigmas surrounding mental illness...

18. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

5925ab281600002200ddc9ab.jpeg

"All you need is Love" ~ The Beatles

"Love, love, love
    Love, love, love
    Love, love, love
    There's nothing you can do that can't be done
    Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
    Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
    It's easy
    Nothing you can make that can't be made