Mental anguish dealing with someone's death.

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Pete's Draggin', Jul 7, 2018.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I got a teary reading the first post.

My mom actually found someone at the her bereavement group. 15 years ago shortly after my dad died.

It was the weirdest thing my mom found a boyfriend ? Take to long to explain but I never would have thought.

There was a bird after my dad died, it was like him watching me or just hanging out.

I think they hang around for a wile before moving on. Still have dreams where he is there part of it even though shamefully I dont consiencely think of him every day after 15 years.

Candy Gal and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I don't think there's any reason to feel shame. He doesn't need you to think of him. It's probably better to only think about him when you want to, rather than feeling like it's your duty.
    It's probably weird because you always knew them as and thought about them as a couple. That she's now ready to have a new partner is a sign that she's dealt with your dad's death in a healthy way. People really aren't supposed to stay in mourning forever.

I think every couple should give each other the permission to find someone new if one of them dies. A lot of people spend too much time feeling guilt about finding someone new.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Last night sitting inside with my 4 girls, listening to music, the ceiling fan (that wasn't turn on) , very very slowly, spung 4 times, then came to a complete stop.

Misty was saying "hi"

I love her signs she sends me.
    Her spiritual energy is so strong, I am amazed at how she can control electricity the way she does to let me know she's always around watching me, the 4 girls and lil' Pete.

My life is so complete, knowing she's my guiding light

Spectacles likes this.
  4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm so glad she's hanging around for you, Pete!

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  5. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Happy Birthday Luv