Men and women being “equal”

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by WomenPower, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Maxxy

Maxxy Members

We have come along way in terms of equality I doubt things will be ever be perfect (Nothing is)

But before 1918 women could not vote or be elected in Parliament.

It then took 61 years for us to elect our first female prime minster in 1979, then other countries were like of we are doing the same.

I'm not saying Everyone who did not vote for thatcher or may hates them because she is a women (I know Some do but a few people hate her for other reasons)

Honestly if I was an employer and I could legally pay women less all the men would be fired immediately.
    Everywhere I worked men and women were being paid equally i know that because we all shared our pays with each other to check.

2. GeorgiaRhythm

GeorgiaRhythm Members

I'm good with it! Strip! Show those Ta Ta's!!

3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Whew!
    Evidence supporting this statement?

Now that is grand. Where do you come up with this shite? No seriously what evidence have you?
    Feelings as support for a statement the likes of this? You know I got feelings too but I dunna go and label large social groups because of those feelings.
    Again, aye, but you have no evidence supporting such a statement. Sweeping claims are only useful in enforcing the us vs. them mentality.

Come on now Balby what sort o' shoddy work you doing here? You tryna make a load of unsubstantiated claims and then you tryna shut down the thread before anyone can respond. Well that inna gonna happen so long as I got a say. Again I ask for your evidence please?

TrudginAcrossTheTundra and wrat1 like this.
  4. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

@Balbus You gonna back up your claims mate? Come on it'll only hurt a wee bit

5. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

:)

Don't antagonize, though. We know it by its smell.

Notice they attack people instead of discuss the merits of issues. Emotional appeal vs logical debate. It's a dogma with no room for independent thinking.

wrat1 and Running Horse like this.
  6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I was listening to the radio in my car and almost drove the vehicle off the road when I heard an interviewer ask some African-American teenagers giving a concert for Juneteenth what they thought of performing music that had been written by white men. What a question! I doubt that the teenagers were thinking anything about it until the interviewer raised the question. Why would anyone think there was something wrong with that. We take our great composers where we find them. The ones we look to as the masters in classical music are mostly white, male and European, for cultural reasons I think we all understand. Non-whites were relegated to the background in classical concert circles, although African-Americans are the dominant force in popular music, from jazz to rock to rap to hip-hop. Back in the day, women were relegated to the background, despite a few exceptions like Saint Hildegard of Bingham, who wrote some kickass ethereal plain chant. Fanny Mendelsohn and Clara Schuman were no slouches either, although not in the same league with their famous brother and husband, respectively. Women like Debbie Wiseman, rachel Portman and Anne Portman are making names for themselves in the modern concert and film scent, but no Bachs or Beethovens yet. I was pleased and proud to hear a work by a fellow Chickasaw, Jerod I. Tate, "Clans" performed by the Oklahoma Philharmonic a couple of years ago, but Native American composers of western-style symphonic music are literally a handfull, nor do they seem to be much of a presence on the pop music scene. We take our composers where we find them, and probably shouldn't expect people to be excelling just yet in a medium that is culturally not their own--although give them time and they may surprise us. But I really find it unfortunate that anyone should be disgruntled because we don't give women and minorities equal acclaim with Bach and Beethoven as composers just yet.

TrudginAcrossTheTundra and ~Zen~ like this.
  7. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Of course, if a Juneteenth program was limited to non-black music instead of the rich legacy of spirituals, that would seem strange and inappropriate. But I still question making a big deal of it. Music is the universal language that should transcend such concerns.

8. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Should have been Rachel Portman and Anne Clyne.

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I don't think either party is really great, but the Retrumplicans suck big time. Speaking of easily duped, you seem to be totally steeped in Retruplican cult ideology. Is there any particular you disagree with? It would be nice to have two sides if both of them were rational, in touch with reality, and committed to the democratic process. A recent Hill-HarrisX poll found that 30% of Retumplican voters think their hero will be reinstated in 2021, .Poll: 30 percent of GOP voters believe Trump will 'likely' be reinstated this year
    Trump WILL be 'reinstated' as prez by the end of year, a third of GOP believe
    Some 60% believe the election was stolen from him, and that he won the election, and about half believe the January 6 insurrection was either a peaceful protest, the result of left wing false flaggers. Most Republicans Still Think Election Was Stolen Or more recently the FBI. One Trump supporter, Pastor Cuoy Griffen of New Mexico, who said "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat" also believes that Trump was "anointed by God" That would make him the Messiah. The recount going on in Arizona, in which the ballots have been turned over to a group of conspiracy theorist who have now taken them to a secret mountain hideout in Montana is alarming, Arizona Sham Auditors Transport Voting System Data To Secret Montana Hideout | HuffPost as are all of the voter suppression efforts going on in Red states. It's not productive to take a "both sides" approach with people who are that batshit crazy.

~Zen~, Tyrsonswood and soulpoker like this.
  10. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

What about Cher?

11. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Cher was not raised in a Native American household, although her mother claimed to have some distant Cherokee ancestry.

12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Maybe. She claims to be part Cherokee, but isn't on the tribal rolls or any genealogies. Jimmie Hendrix also claimed to be part Cherokee, and Marty Robbins also claimed some distant Native Amercan Ancestry. There are some more definite examples. Buffy Saint-Marie (remember her?) is Piapot Cree.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

My "ideology" as it were is based on experience and observation, and was well in place long before Trump came on the scene. You've confused me with someone who buys into a party's or another person's ideology, which could be projection but a rookie mistake regardless.

I like that Trump stood for some things that made sense. I like that he made shit happen. I like that he had a low tolerance for bs.

Some people are so focused on what might benefit their personal situation as to put a back seat to national security and finance. Some people have more trouble looking long range or maybe don't care. Especially childless people. It's disconcerting but good people are becoming aware.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

aware of what?

15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Do you believe he won the election? He says he did. I'd call that B.S., Ph.D.(Piled high and deep!) He instigated an attempted insurrection, which puts him at the bottom of U.S. Presidents and in a league with Benedict Arnold. Some people have their heads up their asses so deep they have a shitty outlook on life.

16. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

He's no longer commander in chief. If he'd won the election, we wouldn't have all these people jumping the border. And Texas having to protect their border without federal support.

17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

If he'd won the election, we'd have a dictatorship and many more of us would have died from Covid!

granite45 likes this.
  18. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Oh boy...
    Operation "warp speed" was a failure???

19. Fox&Wolf

Fox&Wolf Members

on topic,

there is no gender at all, we are all still the same, they called our sort humans, but in fact we are stil all animals just like horses, dogs, birds, only the form of it is not the same, we have a diferent structure, but we are all animals.
    I also don't believe that there are males and females, it are just names.
    That's why our family changed our gender markers into X what means we are gender neutral/ gender less and that makes us more flexibility than before.

20. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

"The XY sex-determination system is a sex-determination system used to classify many mammals, including humans, some insects (Drosophila), some snakes, some fish (guppies), and some plants (Ginkgo tree). In this system, the sex of an individual is determined by a pair of sex chromosomes. Females have two of the same kind of sex chromosome (XX), and are called the homogametic sex. Males have two different kinds of sex chromosomes (XY), and are called the heterogametic sex."

wrat1 likes this.