Members meeting members on the forums

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by trekker, Nov 16, 2007.

1. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

I've met the most amazing, perfect guy imaginable :) It wasn't as though I was actively looking but things turned out well.

2. touch_me

touch_me Member

nooooooooooooo

3. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

No but I have met some really cool pholks Flmkpr,peaceluvinhippietaz,Personface,and evsride who lives just 30 mins away, is a really awesome person and someone I'm proud to call a friend.

4. NHMI

NHMI Member

I met my wife online, not here but on a dating site> I think it is good because you can ask things online that you normally may be shy about. I just used it to break out of my shell and then I was meeting girls online alot until my wife and I hooked up and got serious.

5. Mar9990

Mar9990 Member

The only one for me on the forums is Orgazmik. I think she and I would have hit it off pretty well, assuming she thought I was cute haha..But no, actually I met the love of my life on a free dating site and I always thought it was lame before that...so anythings possible I guess...

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I met mine on myspace, but she saw me in person first =P

7. Mar9990

Mar9990 Member

And there are also some people who post on here frequently who's point of view always makes me smile or is one I really tend to often agree with/respect. Like Orgazmik, Shale, just to name a few...

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

There are definitely members on here that I love in the admiring sense, though I don't think any of them know it.

9. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

It's happened for us :) We've been physically together for almost a year and talked on here for 5 years before we met

10. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Perhaps if I didn't live thousands of miles away. I stopped pursuing people that did, as the likelihood of us meeting is slim. I'm a catch n all, but not worth the air-fare.

11. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

I met my husband on myspace, and we have been together 2 years now!! It is possible, but we only talked maybe 5 times before we decided to meet, then dated for a year and 2 months before we got engaged. then waited another 7 months before we got married. It does happen. You just have to be careful when you meetp eople off the internet, and at first be in a public place. bc you never know who they are . My first marriage, I met off the internet, and he was an abusive asshole, so you never know....but good things can happen like my husband (2nd marriage). and honestly I wouldnt have it any other way right now. I have also met guerrillabedlam and huldra, adn they are really sweet people, good friends.

12. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I'd meet someone if it came to it, but I just don't see the need at the moment. It would be nice to actually talk with expression for a change however, I always try to convey a sense of expression that I think gets lost within the text

and people would be able to see that i'm actually quite nice, I get the impression that I come off a little negative at times.

13. odon

odon Slightly Popular

^ Hi, Sweetie.

Cheers Glen

14. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

you guys finally moved in together, huh? :rolleyes:

15. odon

odon Slightly Popular

:D

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The only member I can remember lives in Aus is GlenGlen, but the only reason to visit Bathurst is for the car racing, and I'd want to be able to walk properly when visiting the car racing, so I guess thats out

17. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

No, just plenty of good friends:2thumbsup:

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

met some great girls online but dont think it would work out since the smell of smoke and hippy armpits gives me migraines

19. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

^ now sweetie you know I don't smoke and I shave my armpits...So whats your excuse now...:)

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

your husband...plus the grandkids would keep interrupting our sex :love: