Members experiences of COVID Vaccine Side Effects

Discussion in 'People' started by Mysteron, Apr 24, 2021.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

To ensure correct distribution and retention of the vaccine, it is injected deep into the muscle tissue. Whether the needle hits nerves or a blood vessel is largely Russian roulette, but some doctors have more skill than others in selecting the best spot.
    Generally the staff at the vaccination centres develop more skill than everyday doctors.

Mysteron likes this.
  2. wilsjane

Unless carefully checked out and put into perspective reports like this can be highly misleading.

Care workers are by nature dealing with very sick patients and in any period some of them will die, regardless of which virus is involved during their final 72 hours.

Once vaccinated, if you contract any viral spores, you can still spread them until your modified immune system clears them up and this can take several days. This is why both vaccinated and naturally immune people still need to wear a mask and follow the guidelines that are controlling the speed of spread of any virus. However, the chances of spreading the virus are mostly lower than with a seriously infected person.

Mysteron likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Yes it was Covid as I have an Antibody Test result that i got some time ago . Not via the NHS .
    I have completed the Yellow Card notification .
    The other guys that have had the AZ vaccine ,have also reported fatigue .

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Over night, my left arm began to hurt in a major way. That's the only symptom that I can detect.
    Soon our entire family will be vaccinated. I have missed seeing son # 2 and his kids and my daughter for an entire year.

Mysteron likes this.
  5. wilsjane

That is quite worrying. The Pfizer vaccines we are using in our area have no side effects as yet.
    The whole corona virus situation is becoming a bag of worms which I believe started in 2017 and had a second mutation in early 2019.
    Following a discussion yesterday with a highly qualified consultant friend from India, I am beginning to wonder whether the mutation that we call covid19 was deliberately (or accidentally during experiments on developing a vaccine) developed in China.
    Despite my disbelief in almost all conspiracy theories, their is something about the ongoing world concern that makes me think that their are areas that are being covered up.
    I doubt that your immunity test showed which mutations of the virus that you suffered in the past. It could start to become a factor, particularly if they infected a region that is now using a particular vaccine. This whole mess could drag on for years.

Mysteron likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Had the first shot this morning... Arm is sore at the injection site...

Mysteron likes this.
  7. Captain Scarlet

The common complaint about the Pfizer is the sore arm. I can live with that but the Fatigue from the Az has driven me nuts and just about getting better now.
    I'll be having a chat for sure with my GP before having my second jab.

8. wilsjane

I did not end up with a sore arm from either of my Pfizer jabs, but Jane had some soreness from her first. The vaccination needs to be deep into the muscle, so missing nerves and blood vessels is something of a lottery.
    In general, the vaccination centres who do it all the time are becoming more skilled at finding the best spot than doctors who only do it occasionally. Most people seem to agree that doctors trained in India have a far better knowledge of the structure of our muscles.

I suffered viral meningitis in my teens and I still remember the horrific stories about the pain from a lumber puncture being used to take a fluid sample.
    When my turn came, my consultant was on holiday and about 6 burly nurses sat on me to keep me off the ceiling while the relief doctor drew the fluid.
    He looked puzzled and asked them what they were doing, explaining that their was a route into the cavity after feeling down my spine for about 10 minutes.
    To this day, I still remember feeling almost no pain and then turning over to find this huge red turban looming over me. The team of overweight nurses were just standing there with their jaws open and no sound coming out. :)

Mysteron likes this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Felt somewhat tired, minor headache that didn't last long---just not right for the day. Guess that means it's working to rile my defenses up against an invasion of the virus.

Mysteron and wrat1 like this.
  10. Pfizer - sore arm for a couple of hours with both. Nothing else!

Tyrsonswood and Mysteron like this.
  11. Captain Scarlet

My brother and Sister in law had the Pfizer second Jab on the 30th April .

My sister in law was fine

My brother was ill for one day. Tiredness and a general feeling of unwell.

Both fine now and in work

12. Captain Scarlet

I thought I would place a couple of updates from my family and elsewhere

I am a firm believer in transparency no matter what the implications are .

First of all and very sad news but a fellow electrician who had his first dose of AstraZeneca just over a month ago died recently of the very rare blood clots associated with this Vaccine . So this side effect whilst very rare is very real . More deaths occur with the female contraceptive pil so I have been advised . So it is very rare but shocking that it has taken the life of someone you know well .

Whilst knowing this ,it didnt put me off having my second dose of which details will appear in a further post . I am pro vaccine as I feel this is the only way that we can regain our freedoms and UK hospital statistics data is beginning to show this .The majority of new hospital cases are mostly unvaccinated with a small number of just one dose people and a very small number of double .

arizonacook likes this.
  13. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tell me about it, - I've survived not one, not two nor even three, I've had FIVE diagnosed pulmonary Emboli - which is why my lungs are so crap.

Mysteron likes this.
  14. Tolkien

Tolkien Newbie

I have had 2 jabs of Pfizer. It was ok. Sore arm 2 days each time and it's all. We're not the same. Everybody may react differently, and it depends on immune system reactiveness (like that guy that wrote he suffered Covid 3 times). I heard that Pfizer elaborated 2 d

15. Tolkien

Tolkien Newbie

16. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I had Covid 2020 November 9 on my birthday I got the moderna vaccine first shot I woke up in a panic with a fever of 103.3 I had severe nausea felt like I was going to throw up my fever was higher than when I had Covid I also had a really sore arm aces and pains bad headache the second shot I had a very sore arm a little bit of a fever and Was short of breath for a couple days the booster shot I had I also had a sore arm severe nausea but no fever just aches and pains

17. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

Age 47
    Received maderna first and second shot, Still need booster, sore arm for several days ( good reason to order pizza):rolleyes:
    Hubby age 69 got same, plus booster and flu shots and whined more with flu shot :cool:

I will still booster

2 of my kids got boosters already age 21&22 they received Pfizer/maderna....each had 2 of one with booster of other just sore arm for a few days

18. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I got both my Moderna shots and my booster just 2 months ago.

First 2 shots-other then sore arm I was fine.

Booster-i got it in the evening g and I was fine, well the next day I started out feeling fine and got sicker throughout the day. Chills and fever but then I was fine the next day

19. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

I'm so glad that everyone is sharing true accounts of their experience

20. Vinny19

Vinny19 Visitor

I had my second dose of Pfizer 4 months ago. Only side effects were a sore arm for a few days and fatigue after the first dose.