Megan's Law Every parent view!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Applespark, Jan 5, 2005.

1. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

Florida is one of the states that requires all sex offenders to register. Luckily, the crime appears next to their name. The poor kid who lives a few blocks from me & had a 15 year old girlfriend when he was 19 isn't someone I'm worried about... the creepy man who had been convicted of sexual battery on a minor under 12, however... well, I'm just glad that he's moved.

2. HADLEYCHICK

HADLEYCHICK Member

I have been looking and the town I used to live in had quite a few, it was a small town and I recognize some of the faces. I can't check out where I live now thoug, think I have to ask the police department, I can only see a number and there are 17 in my city.
    H

3. Megara

Megara Banned

i dont know about all the states, but i know Vermont's state sex offender list is bogus. Statutory rape is included as a crime. 17 year olds getting put on the list cause their girlfriend's are 15...yeah, those are predators.

4. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

that is freaky i have one around the block from me

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

In Illinois, you can see the crime(s) the person was convicted of. So, you can know if it was a horrible aggressive act, or something else. I didn't see any "stat rape" on our list, I don't know if it doesn't count in IL, or what. Of course there are no details, so if it said "indecent exposure" you would have to go to public records to find out what it was.

A dude just a block from here got convicted of raping a 4 year old his dd was baby sitting about 15 years ago. He was also accused, but not formally charged, of raping his own daughter. We found out as soon as he got out of prison (a cop let us know, as this was before they were all required to register) and our kids knew to stay away from his house. He actually approached a little boy on our block about 2 weeks after his release. Tried to get the kid into his house to "help him with something." The kid was smart enough to run and tell his mom, who reported him. Yuck.

6. Element

Element Member

it makes me so paranoid the guy who lives right across the street from me is a sex offender. it makes me so overprotective. when my sister has friends over (or when Jill is around) they cant hang out in the front yard until he leaves for work or whatever he does. they used to wonder why i would scream at them to get in the back yard...its not like i can yell "hes a child molester!" so ive made all them scared and paranoid.

7. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

ooh... :(

there were quite a lot in my neighborhood :(

8. HappyJoy

HappyJoy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i'm in pennsylvania. it says i have to email the state police and request a copy. so i did! didnt hear back, yet.

9. OceanLily

OceanLily Member

that gave me creepy!! ... none in our area (YET) ..this is crazy!

10. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

none registered anyways