Mega-Yachts OUT, Mega-Bunkers IN

Discussion in 'People' started by ~Zen~, Jan 23, 2024.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

After decades of building the world's largest mega-yachts as a way to burn money, the mega-wealthy are now renting out their floating palaces. After all, they are holes in the water which you pour money in to keep them afloat. That is, if said yacht has not been sanctioned and confiscated because you happen to be a Russian oligarch.

Yachts are out. Mega-bunkers are in!

[​IMG]
    Above: Inside the Oppodum Bunker in the Czech Republic.

Now they pour huge sums of money into holes in the ground instead!

There seems to be somewhat of a contest going on amongst the top players.

Zuckerburg has bought up thousands of acres of land on Kauai in Hawaii. Now he is building a $270 million underground fortress, built to survive any attack.

Zuckerberg’s underground place is a massive 57,000-square-foot place with its own power and food supplies, featuring a door designed to withstand significant explosions. Business Insider reports reveal plans for over a dozen buildings on the surrounding estate, boasting 30 bedrooms, 30 bathrooms, elevators, offices, meeting rooms, and a spacious kitchen.

Rapper Rick Ross recently was quoted saying the following:
    “One time for all of my doomsday prepper. Elon Musk I see you, I saw your ground plans. I’m impressed but guess what? My bunker going to have a garage. My bunker going have wings. HUH!? Yeah we breaking ground. Huge excavations.”

He went on to say “You gotta have your fluids—I got a water maker. Something that can make a—a machine that can make water outta H20. I got a water maker, we got our canned goods. So if you thinking the brothas ain’t ready, we ready!” he said.

I myself have doubts about the sustainability of Rick Ross's digs.

Now Musk is building a huge underground complex in Texas, of course. Maybe he figures if it all goes bad, he can wait for his Starship to fly in a nearby bunker with a huge garage, of course. His big idea seems to be going to Mars. We wish he would go already!

Peter Theil is building a very secretive underground project in New Zealand.

While we all can't dig a place into the ground, maybe we can get a Tesla Cyber House instead!
    cyber house.JPG

jball45 and Toker like this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Wow. I could build a cinema in that first one and it would not need any seats. :D

Perhaps I am getting nuttier by the hour, but I am sure that I could find an even nuttier Russian to sell the idea to.

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wonder how you can make water out of h2o?! lol

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

BINGO!

You won the prize!

That was the most absurd thing I read in the news ... yesterday.

He thinks he is Jesus I assume, making water from water. Quite fun!

What will the news offer us today?

6. ~Zen~

Not only the mega-rich, the merely wealthy also want to buy their way into one of these havens before the shit goes down...

However, I often wonder how these wealthy and uber-rich folks will flee to their bunkers when the shit HAS gone down... It's not like we get advance warning of the apocalypse.

Constantine666 likes this.
  7. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

The other glaringly obvious situation is, even if they do make it to these Mega Bunkers, what will they do when it is all over?
    Those bunkers can only be self-sufficient for a finite amount of time.

With no infrastructure left outside, and no one inside with the skills or ability to recreate a functional infrastructure, aren't they just waiting to die anyway?

8. ~Zen~

I can just imagine some tech-dork jumping into his Tesla to escape to his bunker, but OOOPS there has been an EMP and it doesn't work... so sad.

And yes, the thought of surviving the war only to live a life in hell isn't very appealing. I'd prefer to go swiftly, without time to even think about it.

Constantine666 likes this.
  9. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

I was also thinking of the corporate Tycoons that spend hundred of millions on a bunker similar to your 1st picture, like an underground tropical resort, complete with movie theater, pools, spas, a luxury hotel with presidential suites and a stock of the best wine, caviar s, and gourmet food prepared for them, then after "X" years and supplies running low, their Ultra Hi-Tech, Silicon Valley Certified Contamination Detection system gives them the all clear, and they pop out into the post apocalypse world to find out that nothing works, and they no only don't know how to fix it, they never knew how to run it in the first place.

Yes, if the World is going to die, I'd rather go with it and not know how it ends than to go through any Mad Max, Snowpiercer, Postman, Planet of the Apes type of lifestyle for my remaining years.

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

lets get rich

11. Julio Torres

Julio Torres Members

Money pit