Meditiation

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Spacer, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Do many people here meditate or do tai-chi or yoga? If so what's your daily routine. As part of my daily Tai-Chi I have my standing practise which is basically a standing meditation which I do for 30 minutes a day, then I do another 30 minutes doing the form and some Chi Gung aswell.

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I meditate, but not traditionally. I don't do the whole eyes closed and candals thing daily. I'll just stare at blank space like the wall or the ceiling and just... meditate with my eyes open, but a lot of the time I'll close them and not notice it.

3. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

hmmm i generally just do it when i'm trying to fall asleep at night...walking around a big tree. noticing the bark and little flowers around it.. i sometimes wonder if i'm in austria when i meditate...

4. Spacer

You live in Austria? Whereabouts?

5. MoonjavaSeed

hahah no.. just the scenery that comes into my mind when i meditate.. looks like austria. i live in canada hehe. i should have been more clear i suppose

6. Spacer

haha, ah right, anyway alot of the scenery in Canada would be similar the the Alps in Austria.

7. rainbowkid

rainbowkid Member

Yeah I normally light some 'Nag Champa' and a few candles and shut my eyes whilst thinking of a cravace or a enchanted wood land area but I need to start to do it regularly to get my body used to it and having an easier perception of meditation itself.

8. MoonjavaSeed

rainbow. that man has a sweet ass hat

9. Orsino2

gong. :D

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I'm Buddhist, but I really dont find much time to meditate...

Maybe once or twice a week I'll find somewhere nice to sit around outside and focus.

11. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i like to play some real calm music, lay down and stare at the ceiling sometimes and daze off into my thoughts...if that counts as meditation. I tried doing the whole, sit up, close your eyes, concentrate on your thoughts, yadda yadda, but i always get uncomfertable and frustrated...maybe i try to hard to meditate that way?

12. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

I practice the Asana position during meditation for maybe thirty minutes a day, usually evenings. .. I'm so burnt out now

13. Orsino2

I meditated earlier... about an hour or so... I guess an hour. Sometimes I just don't get time.

14. Spacer

It is hard to get time but it's one of the few things that I always try and make time for. It's ludicrus (sp?) to say that you couldn't fit in 30 minutes a day. I find it's a vital part of my life and couldn't manage without it.

15. Moonfirepheonix

Moonfirepheonix Member

In these winter months I find myself in a constant meditation. Entering into the womb cave of earth, like the bear... Sometimes I do breathe exercises, and chakra alignment... but fundamentally for me its all about stopping the internal dialogue which binds us to our reality, which is just assembling the 'IS' eminations on a particular point of our capability of awareness, and holding it there... stopping the internal dialogue stops the world.

16. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

Focus is a huge factor in meditation. I do the same type thing. I don't think you have to necessarily light candles and such to meditate. Just channel your thoughts and such appropriately.

17. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

i do but i dont live on a schedule. thats sort of the point. just go with the flow. let the wind take you

18. Orsino2

Once, I thought about worshipping Robert Johnson... but then I was like... no.

19. Spacer

I know what you mean but I still find it easier to have a bit of time set aside for it everyday otherwise I'd keep putting it off and never get it done.

20. Orsino2

I really don't set time aside for it... I just end up doing it and don't always notice it. It's odd...