Mediterranean Diet

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Duncan, May 7, 2022.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm planning on taking a 28 day challenge for the Mediterranean diet. Anyone familiar with it? Suggestions? Favorite meals/recipes?

6Sailor9 likes this.
  2. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Interested as well!

3. Had to look up what this is. Lived on the Med for 14 years and ate basically what is being advocated on the Mediterranean diet web page. Still do. As you can see from my avatar I do not have a weight problem and eat a lot daily. I have breakfast and then a 3 course meal every day mid afternoon. Eat lots of fruit, vegetables, beans etc and if you must eat meat keep it to a minimum.

skip and 6Sailor9 like this.
  4. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I love Mediterranean food <3

5. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I consider it to be a vague term and as I understand it, popularized by Ancel Keys for whom I don't have much respect. The Mediterranean takes in a number different countries. They would not all eat the same food. Maybe, the Mediterranean climate is best suited to human beings. Libya is not the most advanced country in the world , but life expectancy is quite good.

6. That's why I looked it up. Having eaten in both eastern and western Med countries there are similarities. Use of olive oil, fresh seasonal products and a variety of pulses and rice being the most common. I believe the climate and attitude to life is also key apart from in cities where it is as chaotic as any city anywhere in the world.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  7. LeessWeeneys

LeessWeeneys Newbie

Oh, that's for sure one of the healthiest diets in the world. I tried it too, and can confirm it's amazing. My favorite meals were the Greek salad and stuffed bell peppers.

8. YasminReynolds

YasminReynolds Newbie

Hi there! This diet is the best. I tried it and I was thrilled about the results. The bell peppers are a masterpiece, btw. They are stuffed with a mixture of brown rice, tomatoes, and herbs, then baked in the oven. Amazing! Also, grilled fish. That's a flavorful dish made by grilling fish and serving it with lemon and herbs. But remember that the Mediterranean diet is not a strict set of rules. You can adapt it to fit your tastes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2023
    6Sailor9 likes this.
  9. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I've been eating mostly a med diet for many years now. It does keep the weight off. The food is very basic, rarely heavy. The diet contains all the good things one needs to stay healthy, and even includes wine! How can you go wrong?

6Sailor9 likes this.